Post Weekly Dev Blog - 18th May
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/weekly-d ... -18th-may/

Wed May 18, 2016 5:56 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 18th May
High resolution image:

Base glow changes to tech level (these are tech 9).

Other things:

Wed May 18, 2016 6:09 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Quote:
MicroCapacitor has been working on allowing attached stations to become detatched when they’re destroyed for places like Labyrinth.

I really hope this doesn't accidentally become the norm for every time a base gets destroyed. Unattaching people's Ada kits with no way to reattach them sounds like ass.

Wed May 18, 2016 6:15 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Those bases :shock:

Wed May 18, 2016 6:21 pm
Contributor
Team: Admins
Main: MicroCapacitor
Level: 1155

ELITE wrote:
Quote:
MicroCapacitor has been working on allowing attached stations to become detatched when they’re destroyed for places like Labyrinth.

I really hope this doesn't accidentally become the norm for every time a base gets destroyed. Unattaching people's Ada kits with no way to reattach them sounds like ass.

I made sure that it sets this setting to false initially which means the base shouldn't "unattach on death" if it has not been set to do so. Would be annoying to reattach kits every time for normal planets.

Wed May 18, 2016 6:25 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Isn't it nice to have a good artist?

Wed May 18, 2016 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Main: king kone
Level: 37

The Labyrinth problem is that way because it has a special and unique resource that used to be fought over, but now cannot. This issue was highlighted when SRX had Labyrinth one universe. There was literally no way to train SM 13, 14, 15, and 16 if you did not want to buy Ariadnites from SRX ... economically.

You could have bought Microbes Amoureuses from Biologique, but that's four whole levels and you HAD to be Premium to do so. Whoever owned Labyrinth (SRX) could easily collude with the owner of Biologique to massively inflate price of their commods. The owner of Biologique would lose their SM17-20 customers, but you would be bottlenecked at SM13-16, which is arguably much worse. You would then have to pay the price ... somewhere like 20b per commod from either source. It would also crush the Freemium production markets and thus raise the price on all greater than T12, but less than T19, builds.

The obvious, obvious, obvious solution was to make Labyrinth contestable, like XYZ and Empathy Field. And by that, I mean be located in Wild Space. Someone wants *your* Labyrinth? Defend it or lose it. Resident Evil outposted XYZ with at least 9 userbases. If Empathy Field was any popular and not a pain in the ass to build in, someone would have that locked down too.

Thu May 19, 2016 12:32 am

Oh, and I forgot. Destroyed bases becoming unattached when destroyed? Then the next time whoever finds Labyrinth first will just put some Junkyard Hydroponics on them with Apollo gear. I'm sure that 10 Apollo bases would obliterate the Minihore located in there even if he was aggro (he's not).

And then we're back to square one with being unable to attack those bases. Make Labyrinth open to PVP? Okay, Lemme deploy a bunch of Dem T14 bases on my f2p and war every team. That is going to be an utter pain to remove. It costs ME 1 million credits per character on MY team to war any other team. That comes out to like 40m credits a day? A little Prospecting and I have that all cleared for the next decade.

Thu May 19, 2016 12:39 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

carterstrain wrote:
The Labyrinth problem is that way because it has a special and unique resource that used to be fought over, but now cannot. This issue was highlighted when SRX had Labyrinth one universe. There was literally no way to train SM 13, 14, 15, and 16 if you did not want to buy Ariadnites from SRX ... economically.

You could have bought Microbes Amoureuses from Biologique, but that's four whole levels and you HAD to be Premium to do so. Whoever owned Labyrinth (SRX) could easily collude with the owner of Biologique to massively inflate price of their commods. The owner of Biologique would lose their SM17-20 customers, but you would be bottlenecked at SM13-16, which is arguably much worse. You would then have to pay the price ... somewhere like 20b per commod from either source. It would also crush the Freemium production markets and thus raise the price on all greater than T12, but less than T19, builds.

The obvious, obvious, obvious solution was to make Labyrinth contestable, like XYZ and Empathy Field. And by that, I mean be located in Wild Space. Someone wants *your* Labyrinth? Defend it or lose it. Resident Evil outposted XYZ with at least 9 userbases. If Empathy Field was any popular and not a pain in the ass to build in, someone would have that locked down too.

Yeah that's all nice in theory Churchill. But I've got 4 words for you:

Ruby Steppes, Aqua Nuzzle.

Thu May 19, 2016 12:39 am

Anyone with a brain trying to sell those things is going to notice they could potentially up their prices by a wide margin.

Also, when you have the convenience of Labyrinth ... would you cap Aqua Nuzzles? How many people do you think actually took the time and effort to make Luxurious and Entertainment Suites when they could just hop by Bio and get it over with quickly?

Granted, with the Industrial Commodities in play, Labyrinth could be selling those commods for 3b each and I would still consider that cheap.

Thu May 19, 2016 12:44 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

holy grapefruit of doom

Thu May 19, 2016 2:02 am
Profile WWW

JeffL wrote:
Isn't it nice to have a good artist?

Yes, cant wait till he has the time to work on ship models.

P.S. PAY THE MAN!

Thu May 19, 2016 5:58 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

MasterTrader wrote:
Yeah that's all nice in theory Churchill. But I've got 4 words for you:

Ruby Steppes, Aqua Nuzzle.

carterstrain wrote:
Also, when you have the convenience of Labyrinth ... would you cap Aqua Nuzzles? How many people do you think actually took the time and effort to make Luxurious and Entertainment Suites when they could just hop by Bio and get it over with quickly?

Capping Aqua Nuzzles is not hard. The Labyrinth 'problem' already has a solution. Move on...

I used to sell 20-30+ station suites a universe without difficulty. Probably they will be less popular now due to price increases after industrial commod changes.

sabre198 wrote:
holy Paladin of doom

Fixed that for you.

Paladin,

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Thu May 19, 2016 10:11 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Another user base visage created! \o/
The boxes are the extenders, spikes on the bottom is the trade bay. The glow is to the tech level.

Thu May 19, 2016 2:39 pm

wow, sort of looks like a OP drone to.

Thu May 19, 2016 2:49 pm