Post Weekly Dev Blog - 1st June
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/weekly-d ... -1st-june/

Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 1st June
Patching soon TM

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:00 pm
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

well, yea, theres no rush, so i rather take my time and get it done right :P.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:23 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

all looks great. really like the sing brake fixes

Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:09 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

and the outpost count! god that was awful!

Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:14 am
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
My gods, the stars!

Now just make them 10x bigger and we'll be set.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:32 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Blue Dwarf wrote:
I’ve done my last exam of the year! o/
I’ve removed the restriction that players can only have one Outpost per character, fixed an issue causing low mod rates with ruin items, I’ll also be setting the parameter on live to allow squads larger than 10 players (for now it’s at 15)

Is that fixed now, or do we have to wait for a patch?

Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:06 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:
I’ve done my last exam of the year! o/
I’ve removed the restriction that players can only have one Outpost per character, fixed an issue causing low mod rates with ruin items, I’ll also be setting the parameter on live to allow squads larger than 10 players (for now it’s at 15)

Is that fixed now, or do we have to wait for a patch?

Short Version: Fixed now, no need for a patch.

Long Version: Mod chance for ruin items was previously based on tech, now its not. The base chance was mistakenly not changed, but luckily this chance was a param (which we can edit at any time on the live server) and Bobbo was able to fix it on live as soon as he found out.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:01 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

How did you scale it? Do all items get roughly the same amount of mods t20 items used to get before or t0?

Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:42 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

If what I'm reading is correct, mod % chance used to be based on tech. So higher tech ruins got higher and higher chance % so you could run into seven mods on a ruin.

That was removed. Because it's stupid and feeds into the "extract ruins solely for the mods" that ruin (heheh) the whole purpose of fighting over and extracting them.

I assume it was changed to "every ruin, regardless of tech, has a base % that is equal to each other". So a T20 ruin has X%, and a T0 ruin has the same X%, and a T200 ruin has the same X%. Which means a modded ruin is a nice find, but you're extracting the ruin for the ruin, not the mod.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:31 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Antilzah wrote:
How did you scale it? Do all items get roughly the same amount of mods t20 items used to get before or t0?

Old version:
Mod chance: Tech * 0.01 + 0.01, per mod (in a silly way)
Your chance to get extra mods depended on that number too.

New version:
Mod chance: 0.2
Your chance to get extra mods isn't related (and isn't related for any source of mods).

We're looking to adjust it some more, but at least now you should actually get some mods (as before yesterday the mod rate was 1%).

Support

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:33 am
Main: Bad at Games
Level: 4250

Whats happening with the fighter rework? I haven't seen any new information for a while.

We can code an exception for BaG. I'll let Jey know.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:31 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

carterstrain wrote:
If what I'm reading is correct, mod % chance used to be based on tech. So higher tech ruins got higher and higher chance % so you could run into seven mods on a ruin.

That was removed. Because it's stupid and feeds into the "extract ruins solely for the mods" that ruin (heheh) the whole purpose of fighting over and extracting them.

I assume it was changed to "every ruin, regardless of tech, has a base % that is equal to each other". So a T20 ruin has X%, and a T0 ruin has the same X%, and a T200 ruin has the same X%. Which means a modded ruin is a nice find, but you're extracting the ruin for the ruin, not the mod.

That ignores every reason that modded ruins were added... because they are weak as shit compared to content gear. Lower tech ruins didn't get as many mods because a lot of lower tech ruin gear is actually very good, higher tech stuff was easily outclassed by other items (except the KMW obviously) so the chance for stacking mods was made very high so that you could make those items competitive...

Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:14 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

ShawnMcCall wrote:
carterstrain wrote:

That ignores every reason that modded ruins were added... because they are weak as shit compared to content gear. Lower tech ruins didn't get as many mods because a lot of lower tech ruin gear is actually very good, higher tech stuff was easily outclassed by other items (except the KMW obviously) so the chance for stacking mods was made very high so that you could make those items competitive...

You are forgetting that a ruin rebalance went through some time ago. Artifacts are roughly on par with Heroic/Legendary gear now. Giving them extremely high mod chance based on their tech would mean all Legendary gear becomes worthless.

Why would I bother killing RNF with a squad of Tech 22 ships for a Immolation with 2300x3 damage when I can extract a ruin Immolation with 2200x3 *Dynamic, *Evil, *Extended, *Mini, *Radio, *Forceful, *SI before Bindomiting it with a single Adonis Junkyard base on a level 300 alt?

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:40 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Daamn. Well, my ~150 int modded re-structrons have some legacy value now.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:41 am