Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: Skill Revamp!
Just throwing some random ideas out there but did you guys consider just making each class just 5 lvls of that skill? Like get rid of all these Focus, Zen Skill and all the other confusing stuff and just make it straight up 5 lvls of a Class. So level 5 of zerk would give you all the max stats you would get from all the focus and zen stuff but its just simplified now. Its not like anyone ever chooses different teritary skills, everyone just trys to max the class out.

OR, you can make it so that you have to pick between zen/focus skills so you can specialize your class even more, and then it actually matters to have all these confusing skills. Not saying i support any of these ideas just throwing stuff out there :P

Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:27 pm
Team: The League Of Gentlemen
Main: Wildfox 4
Level: 1283

redalert150 wrote:
Just throwing some random ideas out there but did you guys consider just making each class just 5 lvls of that skill? Like get rid of all these Focus, Zen Skill and all the other confusing stuff and just make it straight up 5 lvls of a Class. So level 5 of zerk would give you all the max stats you would get from all the focus and zen stuff but its just simplified now. Its not like anyone ever chooses different teritary skills, everyone just trys to max the class out.

OR, you can make it so that you have to pick between zen/focus skills so you can specialize your class even more, and then it actually matters to have all these confusing skills. Not saying i support any of these ideas just throwing stuff out there :P

Inconceivable! I suggest more choices and sp sinks. we need focus mana's, class chakra's, change in nature of class chakra's, super-proficiency of minor and major sub skills... and so on and so forth.

5 levels to give all encompassing class bonuses? Inconceivable!

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:50 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Ooooh! Chakra's! I LOVE it! :mrgreen:

/sarcasm

Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:27 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

redalert150 wrote:

We considered the 5 lvls of a class idea but that seemed rather boring to us. The new skill window allows for something more interesting than that.

The second thing you're suggesting is more of a rebalance than a revamp since it would change how classes behave in the end. Perhaps something for another time but the skill revamp is only focused on changing the weights around at which players get their skills, not the skills their actual functions. As was said, these changes are supposed to be endgame neutral :)

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:57 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Your summary can literally be "WoW skill system circa 2007."

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:08 am