Main: Lycurgus
Level: 2292

Post Re: The Emperor contest rework
Quote:
A team will get absolutely nothing from owning Anatolia and the palace until they build a Crown ship and manage to dock it in Sol. The rewards for becoming Emperor will be as follows:

Ability to create one Unclean Imperial Seal every 24 hours on the palace. (already ingame)

This means you will be changing the Requirement to build a crown then or will you have to open Tarnished imp chests on the base to get the required seals for the build, I am sure you haven't over looked this but its something you haven't covered.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:40 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

epic wrote:
Quote:
A team will get absolutely nothing from owning Anatolia and the palace until they build a Crown ship and manage to dock it in Sol. The rewards for becoming Emperor will be as follows:

Ability to create one Unclean Imperial Seal every 24 hours on the palace. (already ingame)

This means you will be changing the Requirement to build a crown then or will you have to open Tarnished imp chests on the base to get the required seals for the build, I am sure you haven't over looked this but its something you haven't covered.

We're changing the cost (and no it won't be imp chests :P). I was initially thinking to make it require 100-250 of each T3 commod but that's still up for discussion as well.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:13 am
Main: Buggy123
Level: 5141

For the crown, we should also probably allow people to attack it in protected space without consequences. Infact, maybe even remove the pvp protection in protected space entirely while it's flying to sol.

As-is, once you get to protected space you're basically home free because no one can really attack you, so the route you have to fly through is that much shorter, and the time anyone has to mount a offensive is that much shorter.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:01 pm
Main: Lycurgus
Level: 2292

heylo wrote:
We're changing the cost (and no it won't be imp chests :P). I was initially thinking to make it require 100-250 of each T3 commod but that's still up for discussion as well.

I would personally shy away from Tier commod, and make it require T3 Industrial commods and then it forces you to build them the uni you want to go for it. and they get lost on reset, cause just doing Tier 3 commmods is boring.

I would suggest,

Credits : 50bil, 25bil Initial 25bil Peridoc,

50 x Adamantium Reinforced Girders
50 x Energized Fusion Cells
50 x Self-Censoring Chatbots
50 x Mysterious Cyborgs
50 x Sub-Shield Lattices

Cause building the ship should be difficult and something you cant prep for universes in advance, cause base gear and Augs for the BvB part is the easy bit, not much cost involved if you use bana kits

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:14 am
Contributor

Good suggestion and noted :)

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:39 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Have you considered giving teams a 5 base limit per gal? Would allow a lot more teams to participate in this, not just the legacy teams with shit ton of base gear.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:27 am
Contributor

redalert150 wrote:
Have you considered giving teams a 5 base limit per gal? Would allow a lot more teams to participate in this, not just the legacy teams with shit ton of base gear.

In the initial design there wouldn't be a limit. However we might put one up, but 5 seems far too low.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:51 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

I strongly suggest we do not add a base cap.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:32 pm

heylo wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

In the initial design there wouldn't be a limit. However we might put one up, but 5 seems far too low.

Well most decent teams can make 5 OP bases, maybe 10 not a lot of teams can make 15+ OP bases. The zone would be a whole lot more fun if its most of the player base participating and not just 2-3 teams.

I think thats another thing that scares people away from pvp, the fact that a player with unlimited resources can just shit on them because of that fact. It no longer becomes a game of skill but rather a game of who has the most stuff, which is no fun. Except maybe for the select few that have the most stuff, but that gets boring to.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:52 pm

redalert150 wrote:
heylo wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Well most decent teams can make 5 OP bases, maybe 10 not a lot of teams can make 15+ OP bases. The zone would be a whole lot more fun if its most of the player base participating and not just 2-3 teams.

I think thats another thing that scares people away from pvp, the fact that a player with unlimited resources can just shit on them because of that fact. It no longer becomes a game of skill but rather a game of who has the most stuff, which is no fun. Except maybe for the select few that have the most stuff, but that gets boring to.

Star Sonata did the limits and evolved to no longer have them for many reasons. It was a process and its better for it. I dont think we should fix something that isnt broken.

also, this would stop smaller teams from defending against large group attacks of ships from larger teams.

A smaller team with less resources would not want the limit, because JY kits are practically free, so they could make up for their lack of resources with a lot of kits. But teams like DSF, Hiig, and the half dozen or so tiny teams wont be able to defend themselves at all, even with a 15 kit limit. if we are restricting this to the emp zone, I still argue that this would stop teams like DSF from even bvbing thru the ai to get to anatolia, let alone fight any team that has the next tier of resources.

Furthermore, With the current no-towing taken into effect, often the attacker has absolutely no way to do the bvb if they are limited to the amount of kits the defender has, because the defender can lay 30ish drones (can be 3m hps, 3m dps, or like 1.5 of each (very rough numbers)).

Without limits, each defender and attacker is allowed to utilize all of their resources to defend one thing, if they want, or spread out among several systems. The no-limit allows for a much more dynamic playing experience. If base limits are instituted, players will be much more restricted in their playing experience.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:30 pm
Main: Lupusregina Beta
Level: 4903

eta on new emp system anyways? nextuni? 2unis? 3? 5? 15?

Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Okay so no limits then, only Traders will benefit from this new system. Fine with me then.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:33 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

redalert150 wrote:
Okay so no limits then, only Traders will benefit from this new system. Fine with me then.

Traders does have a lot of strong basing players, but the involvement of some of our leadership in the development of the new zone would mean that we will not be the first ones out of the gate in attempting to take Emperor under the new mechanics.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:39 pm

redalert150 wrote:

Hiig and DSF and zephyr and ascension and EF benefit from it, which is like 80% of the game. I dont know enough about traders to say if they benefit. and, if the system is placed in without the limits and enough galaxies off of anatolia are placed, every team that wants to could fight for emperor. you could get like 4-5 teams bordering anatolia at a time if it went the right way and have epic epicness.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:11 pm

redalert150 wrote:

And, no offense intended, but I'm pretty sure you dont have any base experience really? and certainly not the extensive experience that seems to make up the other side of this argument

Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:12 pm