Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Post Quality of Life Changes to Bases
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/quality- ... -to-bases/

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:23 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Momonga
Level: 6776

Post Re: Quality of Life Changes to Bases
With what type of X gear ada kits will have?

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:43 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Freez wrote:
With what type of X gear ada kits will have?

All T20 kits, including T20 Ada kits, will deploy with Annihilator X gear.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:53 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Very nice.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:29 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Nice.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:57 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

interesting. pros and cons. should be nice to see in action. much more bvb if people can be asked. also allows for players like me to take much more territory and bvb much more. If this was meant to diminish BvB against lower players, I dont think it will work. if anything it will encourage me to do it more. the core problem is their can be asked level, nothing else. you can keep throwing good gear at them and I will keep killing them and adapting.

PvP range seems the only fix for this, if that is your goal.

However, youre making the tools to become a great builder much easier. In my objective opinion, this change will give new players a lot more tools to defend themselves. Hopefully they'll actually do it, because these tools are OP for defense. They have the tools. I dont think they need anything additional to these changes, because this gives them the opportunity to do it themselves (they had it before, everyone in ss has the same two hands and opportunities...) much easier and much more readily.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:57 pm

So whats the point of ada gear? theres like no point to make it anymore.
It's retarded that every kit is going to be like junkyard kit, better make it more carebear and useless

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:29 pm
over 9000!

Freez wrote:
So whats the point of ada gear? theres like no point to make it anymore.
It's retarded that every kit is going to be like junkyard kit, better make it more carebear and useless

Ada/Armada gear is mainly for high end BvBing now. We want to move away from base gear that is expensive or tedious to replace. The expensive part of building is going to be the base kit and the augs, not the reusable gear.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Whats the point of fucking bvb anymore? A kit dies you just repair it and lose nothing? GGWP

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:37 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Sounds like the potential for some more bvb and also a lot more people not being so butthurt about losing gals. Sort of like the removal of GG from pvp? If this was the case several unis ago maybe we wouldnt of had so many noobys quit and would have a more active game right now.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:39 pm
over 9000!

Freez wrote:
Whats the point of fucking bvb anymore? A kit dies you just repair it and lose nothing? GGWP

You can't repair BvB kits during an assault (or if you can, that is unintended and I'd like to patch it out right away…).

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:42 pm

anilv wrote:
Freez wrote:

You can't repair BvB kits during an assault (or if you can, that is unintended and I'd like to patch it out right away…).

as a defender you can repair kits infinitely.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:44 pm
over 9000!

Thanks for the information. We may want to go in and prevent repair kits from being used by the defenders while an active BvB is underway.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:46 pm
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

If this is the case, ada gear should be beefed up to just under Z power, xyz gear is virtually free so built gear where time and resources are invested into them should at least have some bonus for using them, waiting one week for gear that exceeds the power of ada.

Atm i'm unsure if it's a good thing, in ss there is literally no territory conflicts because of the sheer amount of space, and yeah while this should increase the speed and how easy it is to build making more people build
bvb will be that easy against smaller galaxies that it will essentially be a huge bonus to those with enough resources to lay large amounts of kits

In my opinion galaxies as a whole should be better quality and far far fewer available if this is going live so its viable for teams to have multiple people defend galaxies

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:49 pm

potato2 wrote:
If this is the case, ada gear should be beefed up to just under Z power, xyz gear is virtually free so built gear where time and resources are invested into them should at least have some bonus for using them, waiting one week for gear that exceeds the power of ada.

Atm i'm unsure if it's a good thing, in ss there is literally no territory conflicts because of the sheer amount of space, and yeah while this should increase the speed and how easy it is to build making more people build
bvb will be that easy against smaller galaxies that it will essentially be a huge bonus to those with enough resources to lay large amounts of kits

In my opinion galaxies as a whole should be better quality and far far fewer available if this is going live so its viable for teams to have multiple people defend galaxies

This is inaccurate. there are many territory disputes.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:52 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next