Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

Post Re: Quality of Life Changes to Bases
anilv wrote:
lrellok wrote:
What kind oc size/weight increase can we expect on the loaded kits? Junkyards are 200x the size fortifieds aren wll this change and in which direction? If someone had existing kits an a levi, its kinda important.

No changes to size and weight. We simply want kits to come with gear now. Consider Junkyard kits a longterm and highly successful beta test of this mechanic.

So, reset for me will be easy as hell. I will be done basing in 1 day.
3k base slots go!

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:46 pm
Main: Snakeyes
Level: 5945

So these new T20 kits are going to replace Junkyard kits or will there stillbe T20 junkyard kits being laid with augs and ambrosia gear?. You said Junkyard kits are being used this way which i beg to differ. A comparison between Junkyard kits being used in my idea vs your new T20 kits with X gear is like comparing T16 players to T20 players. There is a massive power gap. Mass deploying Junkyard kits in a main galaxy won't do squat vs mass deploying your T20 X Gear kits in a main gal.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:46 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

shashu wrote:
So these new T20 kits are going to replace Junkyard kits or will there stillbe T20 junkyard kits being laid with augs and ambrosia gear?. You said Junkyard kits are being used this way which i beg to differ. A comparison between Junkyard kits being used in my idea vs your new T20 kits with X gear is like comparing T16 players to T20 players. There is a massive power gap. Mass deploying Junkyard kits in a main galaxy won't do squat vs mass deploying your T20 X Gear kits in a main gal.

Junkyard kits will still be available.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:49 pm
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4707

OMG I LOVE THIS

Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:48 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Can I then request a significant reduction in the size and weight of junkyard kits? This effectively renders them useless, which is the major use of scrapnotes.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:24 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Higaran Leader
Level: 3209

The idea is nice, but you guys are going to have to put a limit on how many kits the attacking team can place, which I'm sure you will for lag sake. But if it's too high a limit, then you've done nothing to help low/medium level teams. A large team with the resources, pvp/pvb capability to defend those kits while they finish construction, and most importantly, the characters/accounts to set all the kits they want, could very easily set up as many kits or more than the defending team's own system.

Easiest way I can see is defaulting the limit to say, 3 kits. And then increase the limit through team skills by adding a skill that increases the limit by say 1 slot per level that doesn't cost an absurd amount of team skill points but nor is it cheap enough to the point that the limit never existed for the larger/older teams as well. While you're at it, you'll want to take a look at team skills and fix that up a bit as well.

As it stands, not having a limit doesn't prevent a larger team from steam rolling with as many assault bases as they want to set against a smaller team. Even big teams will be in danger of this as this means systems with just a few kits will become even easier to brush past if (And that's not a big if) the attacking team can keep those kits protected until they can begin

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a limit to how many station kits can be placed in a system? If that's so... will the attacker's kits contribute to the slots in a system? If that's correct, then it also prevents defenders from setting up new kits in a system with maxed slots as well as even preventing attackers from setting up in the first place if the max slots of a system have been reached.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Tron20 wrote:
The idea is nice, but you guys are going to have to put a limit on how many kits the attacking team can place, which I'm sure you will for lag sake. But if it's too high a limit, then you've done nothing to help low/medium level teams. A large team with the resources, pvp/pvb capability to defend those kits while they finish construction, and most importantly, the characters/accounts to set all the kits they want, could very easily set up as many kits or more than the defending team's own system.

Easiest way I can see is defaulting the limit to say, 3 kits. And then increase the limit through team skills by adding a skill that increases the limit by say 1 slot per level that doesn't cost an absurd amount of team skill points but nor is it cheap enough to the point that the limit never existed for the larger/older teams as well. While you're at it, you'll want to take a look at team skills and fix that up a bit as well.

As it stands, not having a limit doesn't prevent a larger team from steam rolling with as many assault bases as they want to set against a smaller team. Even big teams will be in danger of this as this means systems with just a few kits will become even easier to brush past if (And that's not a big if) the attacking team can keep those kits protected until they can begin

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a limit to how many station kits can be placed in a system? If that's so... will the attacker's kits contribute to the slots in a system? If that's correct, then it also prevents defenders from setting up new kits in a system with maxed slots as well as even preventing attackers from setting up in the first place if the max slots of a system have been reached.

Thank you for the well thought-out feedback. I think you have gone off on a slightly wrong track on this matter, though. The purpose of this change is not to make it harder for endgame players to beat new players if they so choose. That has always been a simple enough task for endgame players and it will remain so as well. The purpose is to make it so that when a new player inevitably does lose to an endgame player, they aren't losing base gear that is valuable or tedious to replace. In other words, the two main points of this change are:

1) to streamline the process of getting a decent base up and running, and
2) to reduce the replacement cost of a base in the event of its destruction

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:26 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

I like it. I'd eventually like to see standardized base aug setups along the XYZ lines.

HPS X Y Z
DPS XYZ
SL XYZ.

etc.

Similar costs as XYZ base gear but makes finished aug setups with comparable power to the current endgame aug setups.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:08 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:32 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

jack the ripper wrote:

Is this picture representing how many more people will take off in Zebucarts (to play the game), cause of this change?

Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:26 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

that represents the lines on the spreadsheet shooting off to space :lol:

Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Rofl :lol:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:55 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

good god Im in love with your edit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:37 am
Team: The Blazing Phoenix
Main: USSGalaxy
Level: 4096

Pixel wrote:
jack the ripper wrote:

Is this picture representing how many more people will take off in Zebucarts (to play the game), cause of this change?

Wait. Do we get the good Zebus back?

Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:09 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

I'll be bringing that look back someway, somehow.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:19 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next