Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Momonga
Level: 6776

Post Re: Quality of Life Changes to Bases
Instead of kits having X gear right away maybe make X gear take 0 commods and 1-2weeks to finish, not have it when deployed.. Thats way too OP

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:56 pm

jack the ripper wrote:
potato2 wrote:
If this is the case, ada gear should be beefed up to just under Z power, xyz gear is virtually free so built gear where time and resources are invested into them should at least have some bonus for using them, waiting one week for gear that exceeds the power of ada.

Atm i'm unsure if it's a good thing, in ss there is literally no territory conflicts because of the sheer amount of space, and yeah while this should increase the speed and how easy it is to build making more people build
bvb will be that easy against smaller galaxies that it will essentially be a huge bonus to those with enough resources to lay large amounts of kits

In my opinion galaxies as a whole should be better quality and far far fewer available if this is going live so its viable for teams to have multiple people defend galaxies

This is inaccurate. there are many territory disputes.

You killing noobs for the sake of it isn't trying to gain territory.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:59 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

jack the ripper wrote:
potato2 wrote:
If this is the case, ada gear should be beefed up to just under Z power, xyz gear is virtually free so built gear where time and resources are invested into them should at least have some bonus for using them, waiting one week for gear that exceeds the power of ada.

Atm i'm unsure if it's a good thing, in ss there is literally no territory conflicts because of the sheer amount of space, and yeah while this should increase the speed and how easy it is to build making more people build
bvb will be that easy against smaller galaxies that it will essentially be a huge bonus to those with enough resources to lay large amounts of kits

In my opinion galaxies as a whole should be better quality and far far fewer available if this is going live so its viable for teams to have multiple people defend galaxies

Ive counted 1 all uni.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:00 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Freez wrote:
Instead of kits having X gear right away maybe make X gear take 0 commods and 1-2weeks to finish, not have it when deployed.. Thats way too OP

I don't see how this is OP. If you are fighting endgame players they will be using Ada/Armada/Y/Z which is better than X gear. This mainly benefits noobs who aren't currently putting Ada/Armada gear on their bases at all. And I don't think you need any help against noobs. :P

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:01 pm
Main: number666.5
Level: 8924

redalert150 wrote:
jack the ripper wrote:
potato2 wrote:

Ive counted 1 all uni.

There been a few, RE vs hiig, RE vs RF, AS+TO vs AL and some more cuz -13- bored.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:04 pm

anilv wrote:
Freez wrote:

I don't see how this is OP. If you are fighting endgame players they will be using Ada/Armada/Y/Z which is better than X gear. This mainly benefits noobs who aren't currently putting Ada/Armada gear on their bases at all.

Yea, sure, right, theres solution, build the gear, everyone was a noob at somepoint and had to build it. And with that "awesome" update there will be no losses in BvB or anything, noone would even bother using ada gear on kits because theres no point on it.
Give it 2unis and we will have Bases comming with Spirit augs too i suppose? cause it benefits noobs right.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:04 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

lordjeroen wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Ive counted 1 all uni.

There been a few, RE vs hiig, RE vs RF, AS+TO vs AL and some more cuz -13- bored.

I mean actual territory disputes, like because a team needed that space/ruin/colo whatever. Not because someone was bored.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:07 pm

anilv wrote:
Freez wrote:

I don't see how this is OP. If you are fighting endgame players they will be using Ada/Armada/Y/Z which is better than X gear. This mainly benefits noobs who aren't currently putting Ada/Armada gear on their bases at all. And I don't think you need any help against noobs. :P

The problem isn't the strength, it's the effort of making ada/UZ gear compared to free X gear.
10% more stats for 100x the cost? + all the time it takes.
Also, what will be the size of the new kits that can be bought from AI bases?
And I'm glad to see that more and more devs from traders are getting out of the shadows.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:09 pm

redalert150 wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Ive counted 1 all uni.

I mean actual territory disputes, like because a team needed that space/ruin/colo whatever. Not because someone was bored.

Hmm, then I also come to 1. Good point.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:11 pm
Main: Snakeyes
Level: 5945

Correct me on anything that I write which Is wrong as I haven't played In a while.

For example If i was to BvB a team, Is there a galaxy limit on BvB kits?. I know there is a limit per character, is this account wide?. If not then here is my strategy to bully people, I myself have access to a sustantial amount of accounts which all have T20 STM and skills to match. I would log onto each of the character say 25 for example and max out their assault slots with very minimal cost of a base kit and some cheap assault augs. That is 25 characters worth of kits being laid without the limitiation of the size of base gear to accompany it. 1 Singularity sphere can haul a major amount of augmenters. If i was short on accounts it doesn't take long to get 5 characters to level 1,000 at the cost of 1 subscription.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:14 pm
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

I suppose that the kits size will be increased?

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:22 pm
over 9000!

lordjeroen wrote:
anilv wrote:
Freez wrote:

The problem isn't the strength, it's the effort of making ada/UZ gear compared to free X gear.
10% more stats for 100x the cost? + all the time it takes.
Also, what will be the size of the new kits that can be bought from AI bases?
And I'm glad to see that more and more devs from traders are getting out of the shadows.

I understand that these changes limit the usefulness of Ada/Armada gear. They are still just as useful as they ever were for BvBing, but you will probably not need them for defending your galaxies unless you are really concerned about getting attacked in the first week of the universe. So I understand if some endgame players are a bit annoyed to learn that they have more of this gear than they are going to need in the future. However, that is a different argument from saying that the new system will be overpowered. As I pointed out earlier, the only players this really helps are the ones who weren't using Ada/Armada gear before (i.e. noobs). I don't think any endgame teams can honestly say that they are worried this will make noobs too strong against them.

The new kits will be the same size as currently existing base kits.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:26 pm
over 9000!

shashu wrote:
Correct me on anything that I write which Is wrong as I haven't played In a while.

For example If i was to BvB a team, Is there a galaxy limit on BvB kits?. I know there is a limit per character, is this account wide?. If not then here is my strategy to bully people, I myself have access to a sustantial amount of accounts which all have T20 STM and skills to match. I would log onto each of the character say 25 for example and max out their assault slots with very minimal cost of a base kit and some cheap assault augs. That is 25 characters worth of kits being laid without the limitiation of the size of base gear to accompany it. 1 Singularity sphere can haul a major amount of augmenters. If i was short on accounts it doesn't take long to get 5 characters to level 1,000 at the cost of 1 subscription.

This strategy has been available every since the base rebalance made vanilla gear stronger. Junkyard kits made what you describe even more viable. If you really want to spend your game time this way, all I can say is "go ahead." As a dev, my job is usually to give you all toys to play with, not to tell you how to get your jollies with them. As long as no one is seriously breaking things, I am not going to intervene.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:29 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

What kind of size/weight increase can we expect on the loaded kits? Junkyards are 200x the size fortifieds are, will this change and in which direction? If someone had existing kits an a levi, its kinda important.

Last edited by lrellok on Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:37 pm
over 9000!

lrellok wrote:
What kind oc size/weight increase can we expect on the loaded kits? Junkyards are 200x the size fortifieds aren wll this change and in which direction? If someone had existing kits an a levi, its kinda important.

No changes to size and weight. We simply want kits to come with gear now. Consider Junkyard kits a longterm and highly successful beta test of this mechanic.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:41 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next