Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

Post Re: Quality of Life Changes to Bases
You need to be able to afford Anni gear and Laconia Damps. Because certain people don't want to change some buildcosts of some dampeners, it is hard to get a full set of dampeners. Augmenters are cheap as fuck, the only thing you need to do is farm Aspects. Compared to Laconia Radiation Dampeners, they are basicly free. Can just clear emp, and you can get unlimitted amount of Aspects.
Right now, this strategy isn't used because the power of +1 Ada Kit is worth it's cost, on all fronts. You need to invest way more credits in deploying a bunch of vanilla kits with augmenters to be able to top off +1 Adamantium/Armada geared Ada kit. I don't see where you've stolen the idea of "why isn't it used now then?".
13 kils galaxies by deploying ridiculous amounts of kits, this strategy is already viable in some way; but you've gotta wonder why, even though this strategy is already used, we complain about it.
The cost of a real wel geared, alot of effort kit is way too high compared to other kits which are borderline, piss cheap. Can deploy just a 100 Vanilla T20 Kits with augs compared to a Adamantium Kit; why bother using Spirit Augs, just use Achilles augs all the way and deploy 2 kits at the place of 1. There are a bunch of people that have unlimitted base slots already + To BvB you don't need free slots anymore, which is just awesome for attackers, everyone can just deploy unlimitted kits now; Good dev job in my opinion.

Someone gets strong by having knowledge, have you seen 13 BvB? It is borderline awful, he still wins; just because he outnumbers the enemy by so much that he can win. You argument of "you need more then just kits" is unviable. It is happening in the game already, and you just ignore it; better start playing or paying attention to what happens.

What do you mean improving the worst performance? Do you mean improving people so they aug their kits right and bring Overchargers with them on BvB's? I don't see this change helping that. It just makes it cooler since, it doesn't matter, just deploy some more kits.

The 10min timer of your kits not going active even if you use other gear also makes it annoying, if you put Adamantium/Armada gear on your kit, you need to protect it so nobody ninja's your kit.

Ada Gear is called a elite item? Ada Gear is called a waste of your money and time item is what you mean?
You say 30 kits to kill a 15 kit gal? And you are in charge of Base Balancing?

Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:52 am

anilv wrote:
As someone else said in this thread, elite gear means a few extra % for a lot more money. That's how itemization works in these games.

By alot more, do you mean infinite amount more money? If not, I need to figure out of to calculate X divided by 0.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:54 am
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

Now reading well this shit, if this changes goes, people will be able to deploy 40-50kits (or even more) with shitty ambrosia augmenters if they want, gear doesn't matter anymore, slots doesn't matter anymore.

And what new people can deploy? 4-5bases?, and most of them demented or some bana, And you think that adding vanilla X gear will solve this problem? Against a swarm of kits?

I'm considering to don't build the next universe, this went too easy for attackers, seriously easy.

Last edited by Dispatched on Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:04 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Unless I'm missing something...

What exactly is the implementation plan going to be with SM22 and T22 base gear? Is it going to be exactly the same?

Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:10 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Dispatched wrote:
Now reading well this shit, if this changes goes, people will be able to deploy 40-50kits (or even more) with shitty ambrosia augmenters if they want, gear doesn't matter anymore, slots doesn't matter anymore.

And what new people can deploy? 4-5bases?, and most of them demented or some bana, And you think that adding vanilla X gear will solve this problem? Against a swarm of kits?

I'm considering to don't build the next universe, this went too easy for attackers, seriously easy.

Will be pretty easy to rebuild as well and fortify better after an attack to right?

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:23 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

redalert150 wrote:
Dispatched wrote:

Will be pretty easy to rebuild as well and fortify better after an attack to right?

Not really because they are always going to be able to attack you with fully geared kits... and YZ take long enough to build that they'd be able to drop your next galaxy before you could upgrade further than the last galaxy...

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:47 am

Masterful wrote:
Unless I'm missing something...

What exactly is the implementation plan going to be with SM22 and T22 base gear? Is it going to be exactly the same?

Good question actually. How will SM21 & 22 change the base game, since this should be a prep for that? And especially, what will happen with the current stats on the current base gear?

Probably all too early to make public. I remember last time there was some news about SM21 & 22 that is was all drafted up and that it just had to be made, and needed more finetuning on some details.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:56 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

SM 21-22 is currently planned to follow the same model. There will be new kits and augmenters but the gear will come basebound on the kits. I am currently optimistic that we can get all the necessary content and testing finished next uni, but this does rely on a fair amount of volunteer dev work. I myself will shortly be back working five days a week. So I would ask you all to take this information with a grain of salt.

KonanCruss2 wrote:
You need to be able to afford Anni gear and Laconia Damps.

Yeah, and Anni gear is laughably cheap so I don't see how this matters. All you need to do is farm Dem, which is no harder than farming Aspect augs. And who says you need Radiation dampeners for this? The others are easy enough to obtain and they just cost augs which again you can farm.

KonanCruss2 wrote:
13 kils galaxies by deploying ridiculous amounts of kits, this strategy is already viable in some way; but you've gotta wonder why, even though this strategy is already used, we complain about it.

I don't understand why this argument is taking place in this thread then. If 13 is already doing the strategy that you are blaming on this upcoming change, why are you blaming anything on the change?

KonanCruss2 wrote:
Ada Gear is called a elite item? Ada Gear is called a waste of your money and time item is what you mean?

If a few % isn't worth anything to you, you are not required to spend the extra resources to obtain it.

Dispatched wrote:

People can already do this. Your criticism belongs in a thread about the current BvB mechanics as it has nothing to do with this change.

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Not really because they are always going to be able to attack you with fully geared kits... and YZ take long enough to build that they'd be able to drop your next galaxy before you could upgrade further than the last galaxy...

This strikes me as one of those arguments that seems sensible on the face of it, but contains an underlying misconception. Many arguments against the original Base Rebalance went like the same way, pointing out that if one entirely passive player meets a highly aggressive player, the aggressive player will just keep dumping kits at them. My question in response to all of these concerns is: why isn't the passive player fighting back? Why are they taking it on the chin? Is it so that the aggressive player's galaxies are all fortified so much that they can't be BvBed? Or more likely, is it the case the passive player is simply adopting a losing strategy in the conflict?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:56 am

Ohn so Anni Gear is so cheap that it is free? Dampeners have buildcosts associated with it, the price of 1 set of Dampeners is higher then the augmenters you need per kit. People that don't seem competent in math, that try to prove things with math is just funny.

My argument was, is it worth to pay infinite times more money to get 8% more stats or not? Is it worth paying effort & time on items that get blasted away by free gear?
You think it seems to be worth it, while someone else can just deploy 3 kits for the same price, and just shit your kit; with fancy elite tier Adamantium/Armada gear.

The argument of 13 applying this strategy means it works already, but now you're enforcing this kind of strategy: god awful BvB and you still win. Tell me again why this doesn't fit as argument plz. It's a game of being stupid at the place of a game of finding out what the best course of action is. Probably your 30 v 15 kit BvB must have relied on the same principle, just sheer outnumbering, while not knowing the fuck you're doing.

So SM21 & 22 has nothing to do with this change? What will happen when SM21 & 22 gets released? Traders warring everyone because they seem to be the only ones in charge of actually content it seems, gamebreaking at that then.

Ignoring people is already your forte it seems. Aslong as it doesn't fit your story, you just keep ignoring them.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:16 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

All right, well like I said yesterday I'm here to gather info from the community on aspects of the proposal that the dev team may not have thought of. I don't think you and I will come to an agreement on these matters so I will conclude that part of the conversation, barring new information. I'm not shutting you out by any means, but I just don't have anything further to say on those topics at this time.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:32 am

anilv wrote:
All right, well like I said yesterday I'm here to gather info from the community on aspects of the proposal that the dev team may not have thought of. I don't think you and I will come to an agreement on these matters so I will conclude that part of the conversation, barring new information. I'm not shutting you out by any means, but I just don't have anything further to say on those topics at this time.

You asked for community input, and the community overwhelming hates it, or outright views it as abuse by devs to implement themselves advantages. At this point a competent designer would back away from the proposed change and find a new way to implement their goal, but since when was SS based on competent action?

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:15 pm

anilv wrote:

Like that you'll only win, since you are in charge of everything it seems.
But who cares, next month steam release, they'll enter and ask around what the existing people think about the game, and who knows what will happen afterwards right?

And if they don't ask, pray they don't know that ingame "active" players are making big decisions and deciding what's true or false. Seen it with THRM, and it's going to happen soon enough again. But who cares about experience, or history. History isn't made to be learned of, it's just a matter of forgetting it.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:36 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Few players have said they actually like the change, but like always mad people are a lot louder so its not fair to say that an overwhelming amount of people are opposed of the change.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:42 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

I didn't know the community is comprised of 5-7 vocal players on the forum...

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:56 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
I didn't know the community is comprised of 5-7 vocal players on the forum...

And literally everyone I have spoken to ingame, I have yet to hear someone who isn't enkelin or you say something good about this change.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:58 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next