Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Quality of Life Changes to Bases
I'd invite anyone who's concerned about BvB balance to come and comment on this new thread.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:08 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

MasterTrader wrote:
I didn't know the community is comprised of 5-7 vocal players on the forum...

Idk, I've asked in team, nobody like it; except DoW, he gets free Adamantium/Armada gear, so he likes it. As far as the random people I've poked and asked what they think about it, they were all negative about it. Basing has become to boring.

But right, newbies that haven't based or something doesn't know anything about balancing (enkelin 2016).
redalert150 wrote:
Few players have said they actually like the change, but like always mad people are a lot louder so its not fair to say that an overwhelming amount of people are opposed of the change.

I guess by few you mean enkelin, & hober? And probably other devs that are somewhere, doing something ... Ohn and let's not forget you ofcourse. Whenever there is something easier, why not go along, at the place of sweating at the beginning. Just jump on the hype train with enkelin, he won't war you in the least.
It's fun that we get described as mad people, at least we don't fail to communicate with the general people for whom this base change is for.

I still like that this is called a Quality of Life change too.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:16 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

You know what's funny about this? I don't "like" these changes either. They lower the relative value of the work my team put into churning out ada gear and building other specialized stuff. But you know what? I believe the changes are necessary to create an environment where new people don't become excessively attached to the amount of time they spent on their bases. Because they end up quitting when they lose them.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:22 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

I support this move I havnt heard anything except butt hurt about Ada gear. Same butt hurt I felt when they fooked my xyz gear, I got over it fast when I saw the quality of life the replacement gave us though. Few being a bit dramatic.

Ok then let's see some screenies of Shaun's and co's fat stack of Ada gear in storage or we talking two sets

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

sabre198 wrote:
I support this move I havnt heard anything except butt hurt about Ada gear. Same butt hurt I felt when they fooked my xyz gear, I got over it fast when I saw the quality of life the replacement gave us though. Few being a bit dramatic.

Ok then let's see some screenies of Shaun's and co's fat stack of Ada gear in storage or we talking two sets

About 15 actually, with 8 currently deployed.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:13 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

i feel this is perfectly okay if the build on on Z gear is extended. Since earlier Armada/Aegis was considered "elite gear" but now that we start wtih X we get to Z very quickly which is 30% better than "elite gear" which i find odd for "elite gear". The other option is to make Anni Z to only be roughly 10%~15% better than Aegis/aramda.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:49 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

kanescreed wrote:
i feel this is perfectly okay if the build on on Z gear is extended. Since earlier Armada/Aegis was considered "elite gear" but now that we start wtih X we get to Z very quickly which is 30% better than "elite gear" which i find odd for "elite gear". The other option is to make Anni Z to only be roughly 10%~15% better than Aegis/aramda.

Honestly I feel this is the best course of action, instead of making Ada/Armada next to useless, just beef it to compete with Y and Z.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:59 pm
over 9000!

I would rather not buff Ada/Armada gear, but I don't mind extending the build time on Z gear back to about 4 weeks if that will make a difference for people.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:24 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

anilv wrote:
I would rather not buff Ada/Armada gear, but I don't mind extending the build time on Z gear back to about 4 weeks if that will make a difference for people.

I guess thats not that big of issue anymore since even if you start the uni really late, you can still deploy pretty decent defenses while you wait on the better gear?

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:11 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Quote:
Bases laid in galaxy assault (BvB) will no longer take up standard base slots. Instead, every player now has a whole new pool of slots for these bases.

So how many BvB slots do we get? Same amount as we have normal slots?

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:37 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

anilv wrote:

Then scale back Z gear a tad and leave armada/ada untouched.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:58 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Fyuryus wrote:
Quote:
Bases laid in galaxy assault (BvB) will no longer take up standard base slots. Instead, every player now has a whole new pool of slots for these bases.

So how many BvB slots do we get? Same amount as we have normal slots?

Yes. But the bases you lay with these slots will go abandoned after 12 hours, unless you have free regular slots, in which case the base will stay owned and take up your regular slots instead (after 12h)

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:26 am

anilv wrote:

You don't want to buff Adamantium/Armada gear, but you buffed stronger gear then Adamantium/Armada gear. It's not like the stronger gear is more expensive then Adamantium/Armada gear either.

Logic to the maximum right?

Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:45 am
over 9000!

KonanCruss2 wrote:
anilv wrote:

You don't want to buff Adamantium/Armada gear, but you buffed stronger gear then Adamantium/Armada gear. It's not like the stronger gear is more expensive then Adamantium/Armada gear either.

Logic to the maximum right?

Do you want me to increase the build time on Z gear or not?

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:54 pm

Yes, but also Y gear; just let it stay on the 2 weeks/4weeks buildtime it's already OP enough that people get free X gear.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:29 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next