Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - August 10th
Fyuryus wrote:
KonanCruss2 wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
My personal opinion is that its possible to make bosses harder to solo for individual players, while making them easier for groups of players.

I laughed really hard at this statement.

Yea, I sorta thought the same thing. I'm not sure how they plan to do that one.

If you think it's not possible to actually do this then you have a very limited imagination. It's very possible to design something with more than one objective/mechanic that you need to interact with in order to complete the boss. This would mean that no matter how much DPS/Tanking you do you can't just easily tank and spank the boss.

So everytime you engage with one of the mechanics successfully, the boss becomes a weaker stat stick. Which ends up with the boss getting easier to kill. Then you can do things like put timers on the boss and allow it to enrage if you take too long. The numbers can be tweaked and adjusted as needed, but the point is that you have something that goes down faster when you have multiple people actually doing something rather than one person flying into Iq' Bana and holding down spacebar while being healed.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:21 am
Team: Adamantiumized Souls
Main: Slam Dunk It
Level: 2144

hahahaha...well whatever, if you say you can pull it off, then do it

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:26 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

Nice, so I need to go spank a random drone like in Weaponry 22 to be able to damage Bana Queen. Maybe those Kasa Quu Drones are there for a reason now? Sounds like it's just the same for End Game players, and just more annoying for noobs. But who am I to judge right? It's not like you have unlimitted amount of time to work as a dev, so you need to spend it on useless things, that work just fine in their lvl of content.

And this whole T20 change, assumes that end game players care about T20 bosses. Haven't done T20 content in like 6 months or something.
Better buff Serengeti too, End Game players are shitting too hard on it. It's not like it's meant for T20 content.
Better let ICs just flooding the game with credits. Better change everything that worked perfectly up untill now. Better say in every dev thread that there are a bunch of devs fixing bugs, and hope people are stupid enough to believe it.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:30 am
Contributor

You're acting like you're an extremely narrow minded person. The whole reason for changing the Tech 20 skill bosses is because they're daunting as hell for actual new players to touch them! Why do you think I have anything against people in Tech 22 ships soloing Tech 20 bosses? I don't have a PROBLEM with that, if you want to solo old content go ahead. It shouldn't be trivially easy for someone to waltz in with one ship and blow the content up really fast, that's all. We don't intend to make the bosses impossible to solo, we just intend to encourage people to group together to do them.

As it stands now you can gather a group of tech 19 players to do Iq' Bana and fail so hard its not funny, because the win requirements are hidden. (Have this much DPS, Have that much healing, have this much resistances, have that much electricity regen to power all of it, etc.) Which means that people who are of the tech level the content is made for don't even try to do it, they just get/pay people who are a higher level to solo the content for them and skip out on actually playing the game. Paying/asking someone to do it for you will still be possible, but if you're the type of player that wants to tackle the boss with her friends our plan is that you will be able to.

This wasn't a problem when everyone was roughly the same tech level, and the average power of the player was much lower, and it wasn't instanced. The game has vastly changed since then, and the content hasn't been adjusted in response. I know because I was AROUND back then.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:27 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Main problem with your plan, its almost impossible to find a group to do lower tech stuff with out current player base and thats not going to change all of sudden even if steam is a success. Will take years, so yes it does seem like you're wasting your time.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:04 am
Contributor

redalert150 wrote:
Main problem with your plan, its almost impossible to find a group to do lower tech stuff with out current player base and thats not going to change all of sudden even if steam is a success. Will take years, so yes it does seem like you're wasting your time.

Hey, would you look at that.... SunDog pointed out that there were dailies you could do if you didn't want to/couldn't find a group... And that's what we plan to do for the T20 skill bosses.

Everything I'm talking about is in preparation for a surge of new players, whether its 20 or 20000. Contrary to what people believe, there are small groups (2-5) of lower level players who want to do content but can't because everything is balanced towards what was end game DPS at the time.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:23 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Dailies are boring as hell.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:29 am
Contributor

redalert150 wrote:
Dailies are boring as hell.

If that's how a new player would feel, then they can go grab a few other people and do the boss without doing the dailies.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:31 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

MasterTrader wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Hey, would you look at that.... SunDog pointed out that there were dailies you could do if you didn't want to/couldn't find a group... And that's what we plan to do for the T20 skill bosses.

Everything I'm talking about is in preparation for a surge of new players, whether its 20 or 20000. Contrary to what people believe, there are small groups (2-5) of lower level players who want to do content but can't because everything is balanced towards what was end game DPS at the time.

Yeah, dailies aren't a great option I can't stand doing them for one character, and I use a system whereby I can funnel 14 characters worth of daily shards into one character, meaning I can get 3 skills a day on one character, and I find them intolerable still. If you make a new player farm for months to bridge t20/21 content they are just going to leave.

SS finally got dailies but you guys overused them, I would heavily suggest looking at how WoW uses daily quests... Anything that actually gives you something useful comes from an actual well-written quest line. Dailies exist to farm for rep, get transmog gear, or get mounts. I get that they're easy to make, but that just means that even more moderation should be used in deciding where they should be implemented.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:35 am
Contributor

If you're doing dailies for T20 skills there's no reason to make them take dumbass long amounts of time to get the skills, especially since you're not getting the boss dropped loot.

And since they're T20 skills with their own zones, you would be able to do each of them at the same time.

I don't know why Olympus and Subspace are so frustrating to do, I intend to look at Subspace and make it much more like Olympus is right now.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:38 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

MasterTrader wrote:
We're not ignoring you, ...

Keeping their words can be difficult.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:03 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

KonanCruss2 wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
My personal opinion is that its possible to make bosses harder to solo for individual players, while making them easier for groups of players.

I laughed really hard at this statement.

MasterTrader wrote:
We're not ignoring you, we're constantly poking Jey/Bobbo/Ryan about bugs all the time. What do you think the volunteer programmers have been doing for theh past few months?

1. Yes you are.
2. Euhm, I assume nothing? Since there has been no news about bug fixes for this whole uni (except at the start of this uni). So fuck off with the assuming part and start communicating; that's how volunteers should roll, especially if they have ingame presence. Which frankly, is why this game is so partial towards the people that are volunteer devs.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:54 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
You're acting like you're an extremely narrow minded person. The whole reason for changing the Tech 20 skill bosses is because they're daunting as hell for actual new players to touch them! Why do you think I have anything against people in Tech 22 ships soloing Tech 20 bosses? I don't have a PROBLEM with that, if you want to solo old content go ahead. It shouldn't be trivially easy for someone to waltz in with one ship and blow the content up really fast, that's all. We don't intend to make the bosses impossible to solo, we just intend to encourage people to group together to do them.

As it stands now you can gather a group of tech 19 players to do Iq' Bana and fail so hard its not funny, because the win requirements are hidden. (Have this much DPS, Have that much healing, have this much resistances, have that much electricity regen to power all of it, etc.) Which means that people who are of the tech level the content is made for don't even try to do it, they just get/pay people who are a higher level to solo the content for them and skip out on actually playing the game. Paying/asking someone to do it for you will still be possible, but if you're the type of player that wants to tackle the boss with her friends our plan is that you will be able to.

This wasn't a problem when everyone was roughly the same tech level, and the average power of the player was much lower, and it wasn't instanced. The game has vastly changed since then, and the content hasn't been adjusted in response. I know because I was AROUND back then.

theyre leaving the t20 bosses the way they are but making it so you can weaken them before you go in if youre a nooby. I dont see how this change could be anything but positive

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:55 pm

jack the ripper wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

theyre leaving the t20 bosses the way they are but making it so you can weaken them before you go in if youre a nooby. I dont see how this change could be anything but positive

unless I'm confused and misunderstand

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:55 pm
Contributor

We're making them a bit more complex than they are, but if you do the missions its easier than it is now.

So we're making it harder and easier at the same time.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:12 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next