Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 17th August
crashes were expected considering the scale of the change internally. Thanks for the dumps, hopefully should be resolved very soon (as in in the next 24hours). In the meanwhile, if you do not have a live client install separate from your beta install, you can easily convert your beta to normal client by deleting the file named betaclient (or rename it), then open patchbot.ini and change the beta in it to public then run the patchbot

To go from live to beta, just change public back to beta in patchbot and run it.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:59 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Antilzah wrote:
Kaguya is the new uhmari.

He shall be known as Nuhmari 8)

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:16 am
Profile WWW
Dev Team

quick update. The crash turn out to be much more complex than i first expected. It's one of those hard to pinpoint ones.

Likely been here since one of the first alpha's of the game but in the new compiler it happens to be much easier to make it crash using that corruption which mean i now have a way to reproduce the crash on demand. Its only a matter of time before i finally get my finger on it. It's the same crash that currently happens on live randomly when alt-tabbing and a sometime when interacting with the ui.

On the beta it happens when changing tabs on the ui rather often (maybe once every 20 tabs switch) so its very easy for me to reproduce while getting closer to the source of the problem in the code. I now know for a fact that the crash is inside the code that handle the ui, altho thats still a very large zone to filter through until i know for sure what the source is and can write a fix. I am working non stop on this so hopefully should not be too much longer but with those bugs its hard to say with any kind of precision. I am hoping for another day or 2 at most, but never know, i could stumble on it in 5minutes if were lucky !

Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am
Dev Team

I finally got my finger on the problem. It was from some code that was older than our current revision database / archives went back xD (so at least 6 years old).

I was wrong tho, it was not inside the ui, but inside a network message that just happened to corrupt the ui in many builds.

Hopefully this was the only crash on the new compiler, at least its the only one matching the dumps i received as of yet.

New version with the fix is now available.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:34 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

On the beta client, on low graphics everything keeps flickering, the suns, ships, ... but on normal graphics it doesn't do that.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:08 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Elaeagnus Multiflora
Level: 8888

So far haven't experienced any new crashes with the beta client. Few things I noticed though, the icon for alien invasion is of emperor's crown and the news post on login is about "Industrial Commodities Introduction" instead of the latest dev blog.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:28 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Gumigumi wrote:
So far haven't experienced any new crashes with the beta client. Few things I noticed though, the icon for alien invasion is of emperor's crown and the news post on login is about "Industrial Commodities Introduction" instead of the latest dev blog.

Yeah, the emp notification was moved there to prevent spam.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:14 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

The Emp Notification says the alien invasion. Enkelin is still spamming event chat.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:32 pm
Dev Team

theres probably a mismatch in the index for the notifications between the server and the new client, ill have a look.

Thanks for reporting the flickering, should be fairly simple to reproduce and hopefully fix.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:42 pm
Team: Traders League
Main: Lazerus
Level: 2345

Dear "J" Mate:-

"C++ V11.0 ay? Oh-Hohoho... NICE! Your big fat opportunity to 'Get-Smart' now mate ay."

Is that "Borland C++"? Hehe! They are the Progenitors of the C+ Linguistics! Perhaps you know that allready?! Anyways, this is what I wanted to say:-

POINTERS Mate, "Pointers", that's how you make the most of the Language's ability to be powerfull enough to under-write Direct-X and better execute your own prowess in proper Motion-Picture Rendering, and various other performance-enhancing aspects of the linguistic programming abilities.

Of the many Constructs, and there ability to talk more directly to the computers architecutre, Pointers offer the most direct route to Poke or Peak and actuall Register change, or Chip-Function Modifier.....They also give you the ability to go beyond the constraints of an Array or even a Procedure!!

You know what I'm saying right, mate, ay?! I can ofcourse assume you do allready, In which case I'm just complementing you; Straight-Forward, and Direct, more so than the Opperating System, actually, is the Pointer-Address!

Hehe... "Right".

Have Fun "J", and dont forget to "show them how its REALLY done!" (Code-Wize, that is!).

Cheer's,

From Old Lazerus.

;-}

Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:10 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Gumigumi wrote:

KonanCruss2 wrote:
The Emp Notification says the alien invasion. Enkelin is still spamming event chat.

It'll be that way in the beta until the server is updated. I guess I reordered some of the notification icons when I added the rest (I done a little rework on the system in general).
Event message spam will stop with the server update too.

Quote:
What about Bobo his event system?

Currently on hiatus while I do a few other things, but it's mostly done (at least, enough of it is done for it to take over doing the bonus events, more work is required for the holiday events). I hope to get it enabled for the next event.

Support

Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:45 am