Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Post Re: Upcoming Revisions to Industrial Commodities
anilv wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
Last patch a secret change was added to the fusion cells (now taking 300 nukes, from 100 for more profit).

That was actually an honest mistake. It was supposed to be part of these changes but the dev didn't realize that it would go live immediately instead of waiting until reset. With the new numbers for Fusion Cells, the 100-300 change will now be balanced as intended.

Would have been great if there was atleast a response from the last 3 posts I asked about the change. Especially since the rant about incomplete patchnotes from not long ago.
Also plan to do something about the other problem that was in that same post of mine?

Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:33 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

As far as I can tell, the other "problem" was just you insulting me. I don't really have anything to say other than that we are doing our best to balance the system as accurately and quickly as our dev tools allow us to do. I would love to be able to edit AI base trading bays mid-uni but it's not a feature that is available to me.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:38 pm

anilv wrote:
As far as I can tell, the other "problem" was just you insulting me. I don't really have anything to say other than that we are doing our best to balance the system as accurately and quickly as our dev tools allow us to do. I would love to be able to edit AI base trading bays mid-uni but it's not a feature that is available to me.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Didn't know that complaining about not listening can be seen as an insult.

I was not pointing to the braincell part, that's not so easy to fix (unless school).

Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:45 pm
over 9000!

My feelings aren't hurt lol. I just found it funny that you insulted me and then asked for a response. :lol:

I disagree that there was any intentional misleading in the original announcement. As to the claim that you made a specific suggestion that was not accepted by the team, maybe you can find the specifics so I can speak directly to it. Unless you are simply saying that you predicted the prices would be too high in general, in which case all I can say is you were right. I don't see what the problem is though. Plenty of times players will make incorrect predictions about content. You can't seriously think that we should just do whatever any player tells us. The original stats were set based on some models we created for the game's economy. We have now revised those models after testing them for a few months. That's how things work.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:24 pm

You are saying, that none of the 19? devs back then seen something I seen on day 1.
Was it that they don't pay attention. Or was it they don't care? Do other devs look at the stats?
I am just here trying to understand how this shit gone trough the whole devteam. Without noticing how bad it was. The idea was good. The stats are HORRIBLE.

Quote:
Quote:
Why aren’t you more active in the overseeing of dev activities and the repercussions of their actions on their own player accounts?

We know everything that goes into the game, everything gets discussed. Things don’t get implemented without going by the team at least once. If anyone tried to sneak anything in without discussing it, would have their access revoked immediately.

That was a question asked by several players for JeffL. Answered by iirc Ryan or Jeff himself. How could something like this gone trough?

Basic testing (test server, some slaves, bases etc). Compare things to live and then add some maths. Everyone can do that, except those devs it seems.

I gave them a heads up several times. All ignored. I understand that you don't take just all suggestions.

There was said to be some testing to be done live before reset. NOTHING.
If you did that things didn't go off the charts. If there actually was looked at in the first few weeks of the universe. Everything would be different. But it took 3 months to find out that things seem odd.

You want a successful Steamlaunch? Do some proper testing first and get devs to take a better look. If things keep going this way, SS will be more of a disappointment then No man's Sky.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:08 pm
over 9000!

I don't have anything to add to this conversation right now. If you want to pull up your specific suggestions from 6 months ago, I am happy to read it over and discuss it. From my memory your suggestion didn't contain specifics, simply saying that all the prices were too high. Actually, the only one that I think really needed to be toned down was the Sub-Shield line. The other ones we have reduced the prices a modest amount, nothing crazy. I don't remember you saying anything about that line specifically.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:28 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

anilv wrote:
I don't have anything to add to this conversation right now. If you want to pull up your specific suggestions from 6 months ago, I am happy to read it over and discuss it. From my memory your suggestion didn't contain specifics, simply saying that all the prices were too high. Actually, the only one that I think really needed to be toned down was the Sub-Shield line. The other ones we have reduced the prices a modest amount, nothing crazy. I don't remember you saying anything about that line specifically.

I'm not sure specifically what he is referring to myself, but I know that it came up among my circle a few times that the metals were coming out to about the same payoff as Ext Ys, but now it could be done with literally every commodity and each commodity wasn't toned down enough to account for the new credit sources from all t0 commods. So he might be referring to that, not sure though.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:34 pm
over 9000!

I will say that people were able to use the system more efficiently than we had expected. So for those of you who anticipated that, you were right.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:59 pm

anilv wrote:

So, Cyborg Brigandes will stay the same?
Im making 70b+ a day from Cyborgs from just 1 gal. And it's only poorly set up.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:31 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

we're still crunching on the peasants and space oats ICs

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:16 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

these sort of things take a while to fine tune

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:22 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!

lordjeroen wrote:
anilv wrote:

If you look at the spreadsheet I posted, Cyborg Brigade pricing has been reduced a bit as well. I'm curious though: how many Cyborg AI bases are you supplying with that one gal?

EDIT: this detail didn't make the official blog text because it was a last-minute addition to the update, but like I say you can see the numbers for yourself in the spreadsheet I posted.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:23 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

I suppose my question is whether the system will take into account player population? The reason it is currently so easy to exploit is because most of wild is empty, a large steam release would see all the bases filled and make the whole system negligible.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:16 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

that would be a problem I would love us to be in

Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:24 am
Profile WWW

anilv wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
anilv wrote:

If you look at the spreadsheet I posted, Cyborg Brigade pricing has been reduced a bit as well. I'm curious though: how many Cyborg AI bases are you supplying with that one gal?

EDIT: this detail didn't make the official blog text because it was a last-minute addition to the update, but like I say you can see the numbers for yourself in the spreadsheet I posted.

4, and it's slowly building up.
Don't know the old numbers, only knew the upper limit (320k or something).

Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:09 am