Post Weekly Dev Blog - 31st August
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/weekly-d ... st-august/

Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:28 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 31st August
Just a note, RE is taking the north arm!
Finally some less gals and better quality. Let's see how things go next uni.
And wait, ICs will decay on reset? Seems like I have to sell some stuff then.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:37 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

lordjeroen wrote:
Just a note, RE is taking the north arm!
Finally some less gals and better quality. Let's see how things go next uni.
And wait, ICs will decay on reset? Seems like I have to sell some stuff then.

Yes, we need ICs to decay so that we can freely modify prices over uni reset (not doing anything this time other than what has already been reported). Otherwise, raising the prices could allow people to make extra money.

By the way, in the interest of full transparency I will share the exact cost of the Base Amplification device. The BP costs 1b in Vervaardiger Processing and takes 24 hours to construct (you can start it immediately when you own the galaxy – you have to wait 24 hours to BvB anyway). It costs 15b credits and 4000 Sub-Shield Buffers, and creates a sequence of holoprojectors that take 7 more days to finish up. Finally, the device appears (equipped and sticky) and grants the extra +5 slots.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:47 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

What is the current BvB slot limit? I was under the impression attackers in a BvB have unlimited slots already, provided they have the kits and characters to set.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:02 pm
over 9000!

Fyuryus wrote:
What is the current BvB slot limit? I was under the impression attackers in a BvB have unlimited slots already, provided they have the kits and characters to set.

Ah, thanks for the clarifying question. With this change, the BvB limit will be reduced to 5 slots. You can get virtually unlimited +5 bonuses by building several Amplifiers in adjacent galaxies. Since each Amplifier is a base holoprojector and can't be removed or unequipped, you will need more than one base if you want more than one Amplifier.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:12 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Does that mean if I have 10 bases all having the amplifiers I could have +50 bvb slots?

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:35 pm
over 9000!

Danger wrote:
Does that mean if I have 10 bases all having the amplifiers I could have +50 bvb slots?

Yes, if you are willing to spend 160b plus routing 1 million Prom worth of Sub-Shield Buffers to those bases to get the projects finished.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:44 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

anilv wrote:
Danger wrote:

Yes, if you are willing to spend 160b plus routing 1 million Prom worth of Sub-Shield Buffers to those bases to get the projects finished.

This idea i like. ty sir.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:55 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

Quote:
Yclepticon

There will be a new station item available for construction, the base amplification device! It will cost around 20 billion credits and takes 7 days to activate once built. Once active it will give your team +5 BvB base slots to all connecting star systems.

so literally throwing money at it? lmao

This should fix the problems (it won't)

Sad!

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:03 am
over 9000!

cej1120con wrote:
Quote:
Yclepticon

There will be a new station item available for construction, the base amplification device! It will cost around 20 billion credits and takes 7 days to activate once built. Once active it will give your team +5 BvB base slots to all connecting star systems.

Sad!

Actually, the 20b figure is an estimate of the cost when including the 100k Prom required to ship there in the form of Sub-Shield Buffers (4k of them). So it's an industry/logistical thing as well as a credit thing.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:54 am
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

anilv wrote:
cej1120con wrote:
Quote:
Yclepticon

Sad!

Actually, the 20b figure is an estimate of the cost when including the 100k Prom required to ship there in the form of Sub-Shield Buffers (4k of them). So it's an
industry/logistical thing as well as a credit thing.

Will there be a signifigant build time? Considering its fairly easy to freeze prom...

- Chrono

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:11 am
over 9000!

It takes 1 day to build the item if you keep it supplied with Sub-Shield Buffers the whole time. I don't envision people needing to freeze Prom for this since you can already effectively do that by converting it into Sub-Shield Buffers ahead of time.

Then after that 1 day it takes 7 more days before the effect is live. Before that, you just see a holoprojected progress bar around the base.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:16 am
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

anilv wrote:
It takes 1 day to build the item if you keep it supplied with Sub-Shield Buffers the whole time. I don't envision people needing to freeze Prom for this since you can already effectively do that by converting it into Sub-Shield Buffers ahead of time.

Then after that 1 day it takes 7 more days before the effect is live. Before that, you just see a holoprojected progress bar around the base.

What I mean is people can freeze prom before uni reset to have after the server resets. You can't convert prom to sub-shield buffers before the uni reset because they will decay upon reset... right?

- Chrono

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:24 pm
over 9000!

That is true. If people are really keen on BvBing on the first day of uni reset I suppose that would be a strategy. In practice I don't see what the point would be. Anyone who wants to set up a BvB with Amplifiers should have no problem sourcing the Sub-Shield Buffers for it as long as they have a proper industry going on, with trade bots available to move the materials. Either way, it's not just throwing credits at the problem.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:25 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

That requirement should've been made more obvious, but then that is fairer I suppose.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:03 pm