over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 7th September
iwnh01 wrote:
tbh I think it'd be great if people had nearly the same chance to claim space for a while after reset as those on as reset happens, I know people in some timezones with fulltime jobs who were never able to be on for reset.

Is there any chance this could be made a possibility?

I don't think we are currently interested in getting rid of the "land grab" mechanic, although people who can't get on for the reset rush should still not have much trouble getting reasonable galaxies (as long as they aren't super greedy).

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:41 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

iwnh01 wrote:
tbh I think it'd be great if people had nearly the same chance to claim space for a while after reset as those on as reset happens, I know people in some timezones with fulltime jobs who were never able to be on for reset.

A long time ago in a thread far far away someone suggested making wildspace open up in waves. So at reset like 40% would be available and every 4 hours or so another 10% would open up to player exploration and building. I personally think it would be cool.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:16 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

ShawnMcCall wrote:
iwnh01 wrote:

A long time ago in a thread far far away someone suggested making wildspace open up in waves. So at reset like 40% would be available and every 4 hours or so another 10% would open up to player exploration and building. I personally think it would be cool.

Possibly, but if you're on the edge which then opens up you've got a front to BvB on now (and the other team perhaps don't, or perhaps haven't worked out a W4 route to their galaxy that doesn't involve your team space).

Support

Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:54 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

This is one of those ideas that sounds cool but doesn't (at least to me) have an obvious benefit to the player experience.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:53 am
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

ShawnMcCall wrote:
iwnh01 wrote:

Not to mention the complication on the galaxy distribution. If you open up wildspace in wave, then df cannot be using a smooth increase kind of thing. Otherwise you end up with lower df (or higher df) opening first and then the inverse unlocking later. Offcourse such a method could work if we went with a multi arms kind of shape and unlock it arm by arm where each arm have a spectrum of everything, but all in all its generally simpler and reach about the same result if we just keep wildspace big enough for everyone to have a minimum of room.

Those we are fully dedicated at getting good galaxies can get good galaxies even if its a day or 2 after reset, i will not say it is ideal but every solutions come with its set of problems.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:19 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Would be stupid cos all it will mean is the whole player base would have to wait for traders to find and be happy with their Galaxy.

Anyway the pic bobbo posted is nicely done and I appreciate the effort of going back over that idea of the clusters. definitely worth a uni gen people would enjoy it I reckon with the potential for choke points

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:18 am
Profile WWW