Post Weekly Dev Blog - 7th September
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/weekly-d ... september/

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:18 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 7th September
You're making HQs into SL kits... no me gusta.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:01 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

ShawnMcCall wrote:

Why is it a problem?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:37 pm

anilv wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Why is it a problem?

Not really a problem, I am just still of the opinion that HQ kits shouldn't be changed they already apply a huge benefit to teams (you get to own galaxies). So really I am just salty that we're changing something that is already working perfectly because someone whined that they didn't feel like they were getting their money's worth.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:48 pm
over 9000!

ShawnMcCall wrote:
anilv wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Why is it a problem?

Not really a problem, I am just still of the opinion that HQ kits shouldn't be changed they already apply a huge benefit to teams (you get to own galaxies). So really I am just salty that we're changing something that is already working perfectly because someone whined that they didn't feel like they were getting their money's worth.

Welp. It shouldn't make a huge difference except for those who don't already put SL kits in their galaxies. :roll:

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:58 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

100bil for a temp ada SL (that lasts 1 second of trans resist?), or ~10bil for an Ada SL that can be reused and the debuff is 24 seconds. Decisions decisions...

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:07 pm
over 9000!

donger confirmed saltiest dev

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Danger wrote:
100bil for a temp ada SL (that lasts 1 second of trans resist?), or ~10bil for an Ada SL that can be reused and the debuff is 24 seconds. Decisions decisions...

Well you also get to own galaxies, and that's always nice, in fact some would argue that it's the single most valuable buff given by any individual kit, and that we'd have to be insane to make it any stronger...

In fact, let's pre-preemptively nerf this buff before HQs are overpowered, I propose as a counter nerf that we make people hit 1b population in every galaxy to own it like old times...

Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:03 am
over 9000!

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Danger wrote:

Well you also get to own galaxies, and that's always nice, in fact some would argue that it's the single most valuable buff given by any individual kit, and that we'd have to be insane to make it any stronger...

In fact, let's pre-preemptively nerf this buff before HQs are overpowered, I propose as a counter nerf that we make people hit 1b population in every galaxy to own it like old times...

Actually, we do have some ideas in the works to make teams work a bit harder to project ownership. We'll make a post about it when things are a bit more settled.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:21 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Harder ownership claiming would make item teleporter users sad. How about different levels of ownership?

Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:42 am
over 9000!

Antilzah wrote:
Harder ownership claiming would make item teleporter users sad. How about different levels of ownership?

I'm more referring to something that would slow down the space expansion from basically 10 minutes after reset to 1 hr - 1 day, depending on how proactive the players are.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:21 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

anilv wrote:
Antilzah wrote:

I'm more referring to something that would slow down the space expansion from basically 10 minutes after reset to 1 hr - 1 day, depending on how proactive the players are.

You tryna make me pull all nighters on uni resets? :cry:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:28 am
over 9000!

No, just want to cut down on the ability of teams to create massive buffers of filler gals around their real territory. I don't want to get into the specifics now though. Anyone who has a legitimate reason to claim a galaxy should have no problem doing that in the system we are working out.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:11 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Yeah we spent a long time discussing the pro's and con's of specific changes, and went over multiple iterations, still not done I think it should be very interesting.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:21 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

tbh I think it'd be great if people had nearly the same chance to claim space for a while after reset as those on as reset happens, I know people in some timezones with fulltime jobs who were never able to be on for reset.

Is there any chance this could be made a possibility?

Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:41 pm