Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Server/Client Patch 09.13.2016
Just so everyone knows, we did in fact revert the YZ base gear manhours change. I just confirmed with Jey.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:52 am
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Alright so for those who have been experiencing issues with wine and this new client. Make sure you have wine version 1.8 or higher , 1.7 may work but is untested. 1.6 and 1.4 are confirmed to crash on start.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:07 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

tonal wrote:
How have the super items changed please

Tonal

I will post a mini write up about it soon.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:31 am
Main: Thick Black Long Coffee
Level: 4536

anilv wrote:
Quote:
Bots can now only be transferred from you to people on the same team and/or squad as you.

I wonder if this means you can no longer use bot transfer to view stealthy enemies in galaxy.

That is the best functionality ever, I think we should still be able to use it, maybe a tracer bot or something?

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:14 am
over 9000!

Come up with a concept and we can think about it. Right now the system was never meant to work that way so I hope it has been removed by this change.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:42 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

anilv wrote:
Come up with a concept and we can think about it. Right now the system was never meant to work that way so I hope it has been removed by this change.

I honestly don't think it should come back stealth exists for a reason. Giving players a way to identify and track stealth 1) defeats the purpose of stealth, and 2) let's people ignore the utility of having a seer around.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:13 am
over 9000!

ShawnMcCall wrote:
anilv wrote:

I honestly don't think it should come back stealth exists for a reason. Giving players a way to identify and track stealth 1) defeats the purpose of stealth, and 2) let's people ignore the utility of having a seer around.

I'm not saying it has to be a carbon copy. It could be based off of the combat bot's radar instead of your own, for example.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:21 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Tracer Combatbot: +10k% Radar, -1000% damage;!!

Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:33 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Quote:
Wormholes for The Building Academy and Arctia have been moved to Deep Space, along with introductory missions to direct new players to these zones.

Those are level 40+ mobs in there...that could be a little lethal for players with tech 3 weapons and ships.

Quote:
Added Pirated Augmenter Token drops to DGs.

Which do what exactly?

Quote:
Increased Overloaded Mining Laser Prototype from 15k damage to 100k damage.

This is a base weapon right?

Quote:
Buffed Buccaneer and Swabbie gear.

Details please?

Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:52 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4888

lrellok wrote:
Quote:
Wormholes for The Building Academy and Arctia have been moved to Deep Space, along with introductory missions to direct new players to these zones.

Those are level 40+ mobs in there...that could be a little lethal for players with tech 3 weapons and ships.

They'll be fine, the mission tells players to bring other people with them.

Quote:
Added Pirated Augmenter Token drops to DGs.

Which do what exactly?

You'll see when you read description on them.

Quote:
Increased Overloaded Mining Laser Prototype from 15k damage to 100k damage.

This is a base weapon right?

No its the inbuilt weapon on the Tech 19 capital ship.

Quote:
Buffed Buccaneer and Swabbie gear.

Details please?

Go look at the gear if you have it.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:19 am
Dev Team

lrellok wrote:
Quote:

Its good for new players to learn that they shouldnt randomly fight everything they see. Its an experience that will serve them well for a good part of the game :P.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:43 am
over 9000!

Also I believe it's fine to have a higher-difficulty zone available since they at least know it's there for when they are a bit stronger. Better than having no breadcrumbs to it at all.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:45 am

MasterTrader wrote:

I feel like wiki items that we already have the stats for that get changed should be updated by the devs on the wiki prior to the change. After all isn't that why we killed TLA to begin with, so that the devs would have official control over the wiki?

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:56 am
Dev Team

ShawnMcCall wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

I feel like wiki items that we already have the stats for that get changed should be updated by the devs on the wiki prior to the change. After all isn't that why we killed TLA to begin with, so that the devs would have official control over the wiki?

no, we offered an officially hosted wiki so that it would not depend on anyone paying for the host. There was no guarantee that TLA would stay alive forever, but we can guarantee that wiki.starsonata.com will be up for as long as the game exist. This is why Simon had just about absolute power over the wiki as well.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:11 am

Jey123456 wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

no, we offered an officially hosted wiki so that it would not depend on anyone paying for the host. There was no guarantee that TLA would stay alive forever, but we can guarantee that wiki.starsonata.com will be up for as long as the game exist. This is why Simon had just about absolute power over the wiki as well.

Simon didn't create the wiki though. Arrowhate did. But still, what is the point in an official wiki if the devs don't even upload the changes they make? Because honestly, you think swabbies gear is going to get updated any time soon? So to that end the wiki exists to mislead new players and look unprofessional.

Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:50 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next