Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
Author Message
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Councilor
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6407

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:25 pm
Posts: 1960
Location: Finland
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
For years people have been complaining about afk builders never having to spend any time optimizing their setup after day1. Now all inactive builders have to log on to equip more extractors on their bases. And maybe resetup a slave or few. Success!


Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:26 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Peon
Main: redalert750
Level: 2504

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:36 pm
Posts: 2769
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
Antilzah wrote:
For years people have been complaining about afk builders never having to spend any time optimizing their setup after day1. Now all inactive builders have to log on to equip more extractors on their bases. And maybe resetup a slave or few. Success!



Can this be a common thing every uni now? Perhaps even space out more explosions through out the uni?

_________________
"I still miss the Crack Whores..." - Jeff_L


Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:30 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Councilor
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6407

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:25 pm
Posts: 1960
Location: Finland
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
redalert150 wrote:
Antilzah wrote:
For years people have been complaining about afk builders never having to spend any time optimizing their setup after day1. Now all inactive builders have to log on to equip more extractors on their bases. And maybe resetup a slave or few. Success!



Can this be a common thing every uni now? Perhaps even space out more explosions through out the uni?

Have them every month so builders need to sub more than once per uni!


Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:33 am
Profile
Dev Team
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Councilor
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: who knows ?
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
Antilzah wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
Antilzah wrote:
For years people have been complaining about afk builders never having to spend any time optimizing their setup after day1. Now all inactive builders have to log on to equip more extractors on their bases. And maybe resetup a slave or few. Success!



Can this be a common thing every uni now? Perhaps even space out more explosions through out the uni?

Have them every month so builders need to sub more than once per uni!


lol, currently its just set to automatically do it at the uni generation time. but it would be a possibility if we tweak the numbers and maybe add a visual feedback in the galaxies affected. Right now it was just designed as an extra resource pass on uni generation.

There is the fact that the older a uni is, the less value resources have so its not as much of a problem to have more at that point. Would need more than wild guess tho xD

_________________
One of the first and proud flight controller.
Visit our website: http://www.ef-team.com


Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:43 am
Profile
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Rank: Director
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 192
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
Is it just me or was the whole buildup for this just pointless, Planets i've scanned have gone from "bit" to Bunch" or nothing to bunch at the very most, being like 4 planets/large gal, and this in higher dfs, I thought the whole point was to get the lower dfs to a much higher T0 level so they could at least Compare to higher df wise and be viable to actualy build in to create production kits ect.

While this isn't really an issue for myself since I have gotten decent T0 rich galaxies Many of my team-mates have built in lower df Just because of this change thinking they would be beefed a large amount to account for the sheer lack of T0s atm.

Please re-look at your figures or w/e because while the planet count to last uni might be similar T0s were nearly always plenty/loads in the higher df which accounted for 80% of wildspace at the time.


Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:22 am
Profile
Member
User avatar
Team: Resident Evil
Rank: Officer
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4589

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:31 pm
Posts: 4329
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
It used to be nice like you said either loads or 0 in a lot of cases rather than averaged across all planets.

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Team: Hiigaphiix
Rank:
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3392

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 478
Location: Rockford, IL
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
Planet went from 0 Harvesters > 2 Harvesters
Planet went from 0 Metal Extractors > 7 Metal Extractors
Planet went from 0 Silicon Extractors > 3 Silicon Extractors
Planet went from 0 Harvesters > 2 Harvesters
Planet went from 0 Metal Extractors > 3 Metal Extractors
Moon went from 0 Metals Extractors > 8 Metal Extractors
Any planet/moon with no change I didn't even bother listing. Maybe it's just bad luck for me but I didn't see much of an increase. Gave up adding extractors to bases part way through was waste of time.

_________________
[IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq168/Spartan2529/SS%20is%20a%20collection%20of%20Bugs_zps3jpsx73s.png[/IMG]


Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:43 pm
Profile
Member
User avatar
Team: Resident Evil
Rank: Officer
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4589

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:31 pm
Posts: 4329
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
hurts colony profits if the planet already has nuc / baobs. Wouldnt want those spread round.

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dev Team
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Councilor
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: who knows ?
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
only about 30-40 galaxies in wildspace will see a noticeable increase (those on which the explosions happened and those in close proximity), the pass was implemented pretty much exactly how its described in the blog post, there has been no last minute change on that side. What took time was to write a way to debug the result and then a proper algorithm to position the explosion in a way that would be random and not predictable all the while respecting the minimum distance to other explosions etc.

most of the smaller increases are caused by the pass 1,2 and 3. Which did exactly what i said they would in the blog post. They added small amount of resources in a large number of galaxies. Then pass 4 added larger amount of resources in a few randomly selected galaxies then added more to their surrounding scaling down by the distance.

_________________
One of the first and proud flight controller.
Visit our website: http://www.ef-team.com


Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:29 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Resident Evil
Rank: Officer
Main: Masterful
Level: 3922

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:47 am
Posts: 1345
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
Jey123456 wrote:
only about 30-40 galaxies in wildspace will see a noticeable increase (those on which the explosions happened and those in close proximity), the pass was implemented pretty much exactly how its described in the blog post, there has been no last minute change on that side. What took time was to write a way to debug the result and then a proper algorithm to position the explosion in a way that would be random and not predictable all the while respecting the minimum distance to other explosions etc.

most of the smaller increases are caused by the pass 1,2 and 3. Which did exactly what i said they would in the blog post. They added small amount of resources in a large number of galaxies. Then pass 4 added larger amount of resources in a few randomly selected galaxies then added more to their surrounding scaling down by the distance.

Yeah, well... this would have been extremely great if it was implemented BEFORE players built.

Except it was implemented AFTER players built.

Which means that the players who built in gals which didn't get a good pass are in barely a better situation than before.

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:55 pm
Profile
Dev Team
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Councilor
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: who knows ?
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
Masterful wrote:
Jey123456 wrote:
only about 30-40 galaxies in wildspace will see a noticeable increase (those on which the explosions happened and those in close proximity), the pass was implemented pretty much exactly how its described in the blog post, there has been no last minute change on that side. What took time was to write a way to debug the result and then a proper algorithm to position the explosion in a way that would be random and not predictable all the while respecting the minimum distance to other explosions etc.

most of the smaller increases are caused by the pass 1,2 and 3. Which did exactly what i said they would in the blog post. They added small amount of resources in a large number of galaxies. Then pass 4 added larger amount of resources in a few randomly selected galaxies then added more to their surrounding scaling down by the distance.

Yeah, well... this would have been extremely great if it was implemented BEFORE players built.

Except it was implemented AFTER players built.

Which means that the players who built in gals which didn't get a good pass are in barely a better situation than before.


its setup to be done with universe reset, since i cannot go back in time without angering even more players (rollback a week anyone ? XD) doing it now was the best i could offer. the next uni its just gonna be automatically done at the universe generation time before anyone has a chance to even log into the game.

_________________
One of the first and proud flight controller.
Visit our website: http://www.ef-team.com


Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:10 pm
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5537

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11033
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
I don't get why anyone would build in a gal that doesn't have enough resources for them to be profitable in. Sure, the lower DFs aren't great, but did you really drop so many kits in there that you can't stomach the loss to move to a better place now? If you put multiple ada kits in a gal guarding barely any T0 commods, I don't see the logic there.

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:24 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Resident Evil
Rank: Officer
Main: Masterful
Level: 3922

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:47 am
Posts: 1345
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
anilv wrote:
I don't get why anyone would build in a gal that doesn't have enough resources for them to be profitable in. Sure, the lower DFs aren't great, but did you really drop so many kits in there that you can't stomach the loss to move to a better place now? If you put multiple ada kits in a gal guarding barely any T0 commods, I don't see the logic there.

For the same reason this thread exists: because it was identified as a problem and we were told that the lack of T0 resources was going to be fixed. We just didn't anticipate such a half arsed and over complicated method that barely made a noticeable difference.

_________________
Image


Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:53 pm
Profile
Team: Hiigaphiix
Rank:
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3392

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 478
Location: Rockford, IL
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
anilv wrote:
I don't get why anyone would build in a gal that doesn't have enough resources for them to be profitable in. Sure, the lower DFs aren't great, but did you really drop so many kits in there that you can't stomach the loss to move to a better place now? If you put multiple ada kits in a gal guarding barely any T0 commods, I don't see the logic there.


I've got more than enough resources to meet demand this doesn't bother me. Just saying resource pass did diddly squat. Curious of the effect on the more fortunate parts of the universe.

Expecting a team to keep a copy of their team space in storage is a bit foolish however.

_________________
[IMG]http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq168/Spartan2529/SS%20is%20a%20collection%20of%20Bugs_zps3jpsx73s.png[/IMG]


Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:15 am
Profile
Dev Team
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Councilor
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:51 pm
Posts: 3362
Location: who knows ?
Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
Masterful wrote:
anilv wrote:
I don't get why anyone would build in a gal that doesn't have enough resources for them to be profitable in. Sure, the lower DFs aren't great, but did you really drop so many kits in there that you can't stomach the loss to move to a better place now? If you put multiple ada kits in a gal guarding barely any T0 commods, I don't see the logic there.

For the same reason this thread exists: because it was identified as a problem and we were told that the lack of T0 resources was going to be fixed. We just didn't anticipate such a half arsed and over complicated method that barely made a noticeable difference.



what did you expect? 70 of a t0 resource every other gal ? That would be a huge increase in resources and completely change the values, as small as they may be.

Only other option would have been to remove the resources from 99% of the planets and redistribute them on a few odd planets resulting in most galaxy not containing a few odd resources, but containing absolutely nothing. I did take the time to explain everything that would happen in it. Everyone either agreed to it or simply did not say anything / care.

I can garantee that 10 buildable galaxy in wildspace got a rather large amount of t0 resources added, and every galaxies in close proximity to it got a substantial amount. A gross estimate would be 40 galaxies gaining a major bonus out of 375 in wild space. It wont be visible everywhere, the exact locations are randomly decided according to the rules explained in the blog post.

Then theres the larger passes which affected most galaxies (about 310 or so) but added negligible amount of resources, those are the pass you are likely to see affecting your specific galaxies unless you were among the 10% affected by the 10 high concentration explosions.

It's all there is to it, theres no magic solution to the problem because theres not any actual defined problem its all subjective here. The problem that was brought to my attention was that there was not enough t0 resources in the universe. That made sense due to the increase in minimum planets per galaxy (we have way more planets than last uni even with the reduced galaxies number).

The actual amount of resources in the universe was still within what is considered "normal" by the universe generation code it only feel lower because its spread all around. In this "half arsed and over complicated method that barely made a noticeable difference" pass, 16526 resources were added to wildspace, i know you would want every galaxy you own to magically loads and plenty of everything but if it was the case everywhere then those loads and plenty would be just as worthless as a bit or a smidgen.

_________________
One of the first and proud flight controller.
Visit our website: http://www.ef-team.com


Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:13 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.