Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
anilv wrote:
Anyone who's complaining about the quality of the gal(s) they built in should answer the following question: if your gal is really so bad that it's not worth the cost of the defenses you put in, WHY DID YOU BUILD THERE?

Masterful wrote:
For the same reason this thread exists: because it was identified as a problem and we were told that the lack of T0 resources was going to be fixed. We just didn't anticipate such a half arsed and over complicated method that barely made a noticeable difference.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:13 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

@Jey
The best way to compare is to just take the 2 biggest DF parts of this uni and previous uni, and then check the difference in ressources. The main DF value of previous uni, I would say is around DF230 for this uni I would say DF 170 and that is ignoring Traders and ignoring all the owned W2 galaxies. Then you compare the value of the new uni (A) and (B), and value (A) is a very optimistic value imo. And if value A is lower, then you know why everyone besides Traders is actually bitching about the small amount of commods.

@enkelin
I doubt you'll be able to make 100B+ in a DF170 galaxy, and even if you make 100B+; that is like nothing, considering that you could easly make 1T credits previous uni's (excluding previous one). Previous uni got a massive inflation of credits, I know of people that have atleast made 20T+ previous uni. So if you compare 100B+ in a average DF galaxy this uni (DF170) and to let's say, 1-2T in a average DF previous uni (DF230) then I think you want your team to be spoiled with the 1-2T and the others to just be satisfied with a lously 100B.

@enkelin (2)
It seems like it's your game change decision to edit things. That's nice. So you didn't know that it would thin out the ressources to much? Then answer my question: Why did you not test that before?
Ohn, I'm complaining, and I didn't build. But afaik, people built really fast because, if you don't build fast, then you won't have galaxies left. RE would take 2x-3x the amount of galaxies, if we weren't pincereed in like this; and if we waited even longer, then we wouldn't have just that 1 good galaxy we got from Traders. Ya, only RE bothered to contest for galaxies, but hasn't RE been the only ones that has actually done anything BvB/PvB related for the past 3 uni's?
You wanted people to BvB more, it seems like your plan miserably failed, just like everything you've planned during the previous uni. And tbh, if it's not worth an measible investment of 5 Ada Kits, then why are you not doing anything to those galaxies to make them actually worth something? Or do you want, like Tonal said, it to be a King of the Hill type of game? 99% of the galaxies are not worth building in, if you take the investment of 5 Ada Kits in consideration. I have yet to come across a galaxy with decent T0's that is below DF195 since that is where the main bulk of the W3 galaxies are. Even with Hard Data you won't argue with anyone, since it's against your miserable opinion.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:14 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

tonal wrote:
You have made this game into a King of the Hill rush/war at the start of each uni. The team that is on at the reset and builds first in the center wins.

I don't have perfect information because of my hiatus/retirement from building but I would say this has been the case most the time in the history of SS. The only long-time exception was our last "era" of wild space when we had more than enough space for everyone and their mother.

anilv wrote:
2) There are vastly more than 5-6 gals worth building in this uni. You can easily 100b+ profit from over 50 galaxies.

If we use 100b+ as standard for "buildable galaxy", I would assume more than 90% of the galaxies are buildable.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:31 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

By the way, when the new emperor system goes live ( http://www.starsonata.com/announcements ... -rework-3/ )the high DF gals wont all be in one area, they'll be around the emperor contest area. That should make enough spread for a whole bunch of teams to get their cut of high DF galaxies. It won't for a while since I've been busy with ship rebalances and the MF2 removal (along with content rebalancing) but it is still relavant to this particular discussion, I believe.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Last edited by DarkSteel on Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:35 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Inb4 players start QQing about Traders exploiting dev information for emp. :D

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:37 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Antilzah wrote:
Inb4 players start QQing about Traders exploiting dev information for emp. :D

inb4 Blizz inb4 players start QQing… ahh dammit.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:41 am
over 9000!

Masterful wrote:
anilv wrote:
Anyone who's complaining about the quality of the gal(s) they built in should answer the following question: if your gal is really so bad that it's not worth the cost of the defenses you put in, WHY DID YOU BUILD THERE?

Masterful wrote:
For the same reason this thread exists: because it was identified as a problem and we were told that the lack of T0 resources was going to be fixed. We just didn't anticipate such a half arsed and over complicated method that barely made a noticeable difference.

I don't buy it. You all had your entire team spaces set up well before there was ever an announcement. That means people were laying full defenses in gals they had scanned and KNEW what they were getting into.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:41 am
Dev Team
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Masterful wrote:
anilv wrote:

Masterful wrote:

this post was created with the rather complete and precise explanation of what would be done, im not sure which part you misunderstood to get your hope up that every galaxies would suddently become "worth it"

Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:00 am

Jey123456 wrote:
this post was created with the rather complete and precise explanation of what would be done, im not sure which part you misunderstood to get your hope up that every galaxies would suddently become "worth it"

What? I never said anything about any galaxy instantly becoming worth it. The fact is that this thread exists because there was a problem. The complete utter lack of T0 resources made half the universe unbuildable. When you suggest you're going to actually fix a problem, it means that people think you're going to actually fix it. Not insult people by adding so little that it makes them wonder what the point was in the first place.

anilv wrote:
I don't buy it. You all had your entire team spaces set up well before there was ever an announcement. That means people were laying full defenses in gals they had scanned and KNEW what they were getting into.

When every galaxy you scanned is completely devoid of T0 commods then you don't have much of a choice. What did you want us to do? Not build? So, what you will suggest is: build in a higher DF. Last time I checked only one team can own a galaxy, but if you know a secret method of operating otherwise, please let us know.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:16 am
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

Not got a stake in this argument, but if you want territories contested why not severely reduce the amount of wild space and make all the galaxies of high quality? so that teams are made to conquer galaxies over a need of space than whether the gal is worth it to take?

For example a big team might end up with say 5-6 galaxies now that is nowhere near enough for them to operate in. Perhaps I'm ignorant or outdated on the player politics currently in game.

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:38 am

NattoKilla wrote:
Not got a stake in this argument, but if you want territories contested why not severely reduce the amount of wild space and make all the galaxies of high quality? so that teams are made to conquer galaxies over a need of space than whether the gal is worth it to take?

For example a big team might end up with say 5-6 galaxies now that is nowhere near enough for them to operate in. Perhaps I'm ignorant or outdated on the player politics currently in game.

Except the issue is you cannot realistically contest territory because of the massively carebear new BvB rules.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:42 am
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

Unfortunately I have no clue about the current BvB system to comment.

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:56 am

NattoKilla wrote:
Unfortunately I have no clue about the current BvB system to comment.

Basically think of any tactics attackers could possibly use in BvB. Now get rid of them all. Now make it really expensive.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:59 am
over 9000!

Masterful wrote:
When every galaxy you scanned is completely devoid of T0 commods then you don't have much of a choice. What did you want us to do? Not build? So, what you will suggest is: build in a higher DF. Last time I checked only one team can own a galaxy, but if you know a secret method of operating otherwise, please let us know.

Or you could try not using the most expensive building materials you can find, if the resources they are protecting aren't valuable enough to justify the top tier defense configuration. You are trying to have it both ways: using expensive top-tier defense configurations when the return on investment is questionable, and then complaining afterwards about the return on investment.

Masterful wrote:
Except the issue is you cannot realistically contest territory because of the massively carebear new BvB rules.

Last I checked, it was your team that was complaining incessantly about the ability to drop unlimited BvB kits after 24 hours. So we changed it to the current system, where you can still drop essentially unlimited BvB kits, but after 8 days and only with substantial credit and commod investment. You still get 5 BvB kits after 24 hours, which is 2.5x more BvB force than was possible before the base rebalance. Again, it seems like you want to have everything both ways.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:02 am

anilv wrote:
Or you could try not using the most expensive building materials you can find, if the resources they are protecting aren't valuable enough to justify the top tier defense configuration. You are trying to have it both ways: using expensive top-tier defense configurations when the return on investment is questionable, and then complaining afterwards about the return on investment.

If it's only possible to have a decent ROI for like 5 galaxies what the fuck do you want us to actually do?

anilv wrote:
Last I checked, it was your team that was complaining incessantly about the ability to drop unlimited BvB kits after 24 hours. So we changed it to the current system, where you can still drop essentially unlimited BvB kits, but after 8 days and only with substantial credit and commod investment. You still get 5 BvB kits after 24 hours, which is 2.5x more BvB force than was possible before the base rebalance. Again, it seems like you want to have everything both ways.

I have absolutely no memory of RE complaining about the ability to drop unlimited BvB kits. I cannot think of a single situation in the entire time I've been on RE that we've been negatively impacted by that.

What we complained about was something about changes to T14 or T16 kits that made them come with decent gear (X gear or plating or something), allowing a team to drop 25 of them and lulz their way through a properly fortified gal at absolutely no cost to themselves.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:06 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next