Post Upcoming Fighter Rework
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/announcements ... er-rework/

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:18 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

Post Re: Upcoming Fighter Rework
Nice, Hober,
You went from HOBER SMASH to HOBER CREATE.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:02 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4707

all hail Hober

Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:43 am
Main: goofy
Level: 4340

so the fighters stored in my sphere will be ship locked ? , and can u have more than 1 generator per ship ? as i use a couple different fighters on some my ships ? but ty for the destroy feature , i have some ships i want to reuse for other purposes that had fighters stuck on them ,

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:51 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

goofy wrote:
but ty for the destroy feature , i have some ships i want to reuse for other purposes that had fighters stuck on them ,

yfw the destroy button is for the ship, not the fighter?
Seriously though, I'm interested why the choice for fighters can't be removed from hull. Mind running over the reason with us Hober?

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:07 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Sounds interesting, cant wait to try.

Given some of us have put a lot of time into getting the current hard to get fighters (Paxian Peacemaker Im look at you), any possibility there could be mission to turn in a high number of these old hard to get fighters (cerb, peacemaker, 4 slot urqa, delta) fighters for a generator of the same type?

Also do these 4 fighters still do relatively the same thing with respect to their auras? Thanks.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:50 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Fighters that had auras still have auras, so yes they still do the same thing. You can swap between fighter generators.

Fighters have been locked to the ship that generated them because I did not players pre generating variety of fighters, and then constantly moving them off of their ship in order to stockpile huge numbers of them. This would have meant you could generate hundreds of them to use, and you would not need to carry around the generator at all.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:13 pm
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

MasterTrader wrote:
Fighters that had auras still have auras, so yes they still do the same thing. You can swap between fighter generators.

Fighters have been locked to the ship that generated them because I did not players pre generating variety of fighters, and then constantly moving them off of their ship in order to stockpile huge numbers of them. This would have meant you could generate hundreds of them to use, and you would not need to carry around the generator at all.

Understand, thanks.

With respect to the auras, I hope the Delta aura has been fixed. It was broken before and useless. Not useless in my subjective opinion, but actually useless. It increased max shields only, not current shields, and given the close to zero shield regen on fighters and the short amount of time they are out, it was rather pointless to increase their max shields without increasing their current one, and hence did literally nothing.

It could probably just be changed to increase fighter shield regen instead by a fixed amount. So just flagging that.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:56 pm
Main: commanderM
Level: 3459

So what happens to the hundreds of Easter fighter packs I am hoarding, or the other fighters packs already built? Did I read they will b locked in the hull stored in? Since you seem to be going for on demand generator now versus mission or base built will we be paid for the resource (ie. fighter pack buy back)?

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:50 pm
Team: Soup
Main: Prolex
Level: 2240

Nice, I'm looking forward to it. There are a couple of questions in mind however.

Would it also be possible in the future to include more information about the fighters in their descriptions, such as specs (Shields, Weapons, Speed, DPS, DPE)?

How will the conversion of fighters to generators work (1:1 ratio), and what will happen to fighter packs and the fighters currently in them?

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:58 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5980

can we have the existing fighters and fighter packs be converted to generators?

Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:44 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

they will be converted to fighters. yes the ones you will get for free :)

Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:10 am
Profile WWW