Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 28th September
goofy wrote:
why not leave the t1 and t0 as 1 slot ? as it would improve the minning capabilities of all teams . always low on trade slots when setting up vast asteroid belts . there shouldn't be a penalization for using lowest tech bots ...

It was deemed overpowered when someone with slaves that cost maybe 500m total, was soloing content that only setups 50b or greater, could solo.

Changing the way slots work so trade slaves could have T1 slaves while combat slaves can't is confusing to new players.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:28 am
Main: kwilson
Level: 5328

Please don't use the word "slaves".

Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:34 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Pontius123 wrote:
goofy wrote:
why not leave the t1 and t0 as 1 slot ? as it would improve the minning capabilities of all teams . always low on trade slots when setting up vast asteroid belts . there shouldn't be a penalization for using lowest tech bots ...

It was deemed overpowered when someone with slaves that cost maybe 500m total, was soloing content that only setups 50b or greater, could solo.

Changing the way slots work so trade slaves could have T1 slaves while combat slaves can't is confusing to new players.

bitch plz how much was giga nuts back then

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

sabre198 wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:
goofy wrote:

bitch plz how much was giga nuts back then

Free. There is no credit cost on getting giga neuts. The rest of the setup, not so much free.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:28 am
Dev Team
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

i still remember how many players would just freeze and drift when entering a gal where deadbeat and me were in squad / killing stuff XD. He had the swarm of ships, i had the swarm of fighters and c1 really really didnt like it lol.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:24 pm
Main: Helius
Level: 3033

Antilzah wrote:
So does this mean it's possible to have 25 helgas per char? (RC20, SR5)

Welcome Helga+ swarms!

Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:57 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

To add on to the dev blog, I'd also like to point out that there is a new tech 8 laser-splash weapon available from Blanco called the Soul Beam Refraction, from the Station uber. This one doesn't require a capital ship, and was added by Pixel.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:40 pm
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

For people confused about the "minimum of two part", try reading the line before:
Quote:
Reworked (slightly) the maximum number of bots you can have.

As in, you're always guaranteed to be able to have at least two bots. This restriction comes from the same place as the half rc restriction on the number of combat bots (limiting people to 9 back in the day).

The only time this would ever be an issue is if you have a bot over your RC level; e.g. if you've got RC10 and RadX 20, you could cap a T20 wild slave taking all your RC slots. The minimum of two thing would allow you to gain another slave... If you had the slots for it.

In all honesty, that minimum bound probably isn't needed, but it was there before I made changes.

Support

Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:34 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Awsome, now i have a whole lot of questions about the class rework.

I have heard rumors that a full class reset is going to happen. Is this true?

If this is true, what will happen when/if i am in a ship with a class aug on it when the reset occurs? I do not want to accidentally crash the server or be permanently locked out of my characters.

Will the Class AUgs be reset at the same time as the class skills? This would seem necessary as Berzerker level 15 is no longer possible (if i am understanding the new system correctly). I assume all class weapons items will be revised for the new levels as well?

If the class augs are being reset at the same time, will they be taken off existing ships or left on? This is a serious question, some of the augmenters are very different from the old ones, aug reworks are going to be nessesary.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:32 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

lrellok wrote:
Awsome, now i have a whole lot of questions about the class rework.

I have heard rumors that a full class reset is going to happen. Is this true?

If this is true, what will happen when/if i am in a ship with a class aug on it when the reset occurs? I do not want to accidentally crash the server or be permanently locked out of my characters.

Will the Class AUgs be reset at the same time as the class skills? This would seem necessary as Berzerker level 15 is no longer possible (if i am understanding the new system correctly). I assume all class weapons items will be revised for the new levels as well?

If the class augs are being reset at the same time, will they be taken off existing ships or left on? This is a serious question, some of the augmenters are very different from the old ones, aug reworks are going to be nessesary.

Class skills will be trainable from anywhere at any time. Even though class skills will be reset, you will be able to re-obtain them easily within just a few seconds.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:21 pm