Post Weekly Dev Blog - 12th October
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/weekly-d ... h-october/

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:14 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 12th October
Did post this image for the blog but some reason didn't make it to the blog, posted it below instead to better illustrate what I'm getting at with the new AI base layout.

Pixel wrote:

To also mention Prejudice has been altered to make it more player friendly with more AI stations situated in the center with the middle holding the kill boss missions while the three outta stations contain exchange missions related to their dungeon branches.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:38 am
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5980

Bobbo
I’ve added tracking and speed stats to weapon descriptions, lasers have simply a tracking value, which is how much they can rotate (180 is therefore full tracking). Projectiles will give their turning and maximum speed, and torpedoes (including thoraxes) give their delay, burn and flight times.

360 is full tracking imo, like heavy tracking laser. 180 is half tracking :)

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:37 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

360 is actually 2x full tracking

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:53 am
Main: Alpha2Omega
Level: 6850

Well to be precise 360 degree is full tracking.
180 degree is half tracking, but ss seems to use +-180 degree.
Would be fun to have weapons that have only +180 or -180 degree tracking, on eye blind.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:56 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Hober, I thought you were working on early to mid game stuff... What happened to that?

I saw the added augs, but that's really it.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:00 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

riel017 wrote:
Bobbo
I’ve added tracking and speed stats to weapon descriptions, lasers have simply a tracking value, which is how much they can rotate (180 is therefore full tracking). Projectiles will give their turning and maximum speed, and torpedoes (including thoraxes) give their delay, burn and flight times.

Tracking on lasers is weird, when it goes live you'll notice some lasers will say they have 360 degrees of tracking. This means they can track in either direction for 360 degrees, giving them a 720 target arc. The only benefit is that -tracking bonuses won't lose your full tracking.

Changing this representation is pretty trivial, but I'm not sure what's the best way to go, I can see arguments for both easily.

Support

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:52 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Zeuss wrote:
Hober, I thought you were working on early to mid game stuff... What happened to that?

I saw the added augs, but that's really it.

The early and mid game stuff I'm working on isn't exciting, so I don't talk about it in the blog post much, but it's getting put in. If you go look at the patchnotes and look at things that early game players would encounter, quite a few of those changes were either made by me or requested by me. I have even more adjustments I'm doing as well.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:58 am
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

You should still add them in so we know what you're up to.
May not be exciting but it is interesting.

Personally I always felt that the early to mid game these days was always lacking and was curious to see how you'd fix it.

I liked the augs you added (Harrier, Hauling, etc.) but I think the builds need to be tweaked for the lower levels. The requirements are too great for anyone that isn't an endgame player looking to pimp out their slaves and I don't think you should be balancing around that fact.

Edit:
This is what I am talking about
If those stats are wrong, I am sorry but that's what I was told when I added them.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:40 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Zeuss wrote:
You should still add them in so we know what you're up to.
May not be exciting but it is interesting.

Personally I always felt that the early to mid game these days was always lacking and was curious to see how you'd fix it.

I liked the augs you added (Harrier, Hauling, etc.) but I think the builds need to be tweaked for the lower levels. The requirements are too great for anyone that isn't an endgame player looking to pimp out their slaves and I don't think you should be balancing around that fact.

Edit:
This is what I am talking about
If those stats are wrong, I am sorry but that's what I was told when I added them.

Good point, we should try to do better about including info on our early/mid game dev activity. For what it's worth, I can corroborate Hober's statement that a lot of good work has been going on there.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:41 am
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5980

Blue Dwarf wrote:
riel017 wrote:
Bobbo

Tracking on lasers is weird, when it goes live you'll notice some lasers will say they have 360 degrees of tracking. This means they can track in either direction for 360 degrees, giving them a 720 target arc. The only benefit is that -tracking bonuses won't lose your full tracking.

Changing this representation is pretty trivial, but I'm not sure what's the best way to go, I can see arguments for both easily.

thanks for explaining, that is a sound argument for -tracking augs and them not loosing full tracking

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:41 am