Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 9th November
redalert150 wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
I would like to go back to my colony point; ICs were implemented to turn t0s into money. They are basically actively managed colonies. We don't require people to have a colony to build a prod, so why are we requiring them to get into ICs to have a functioning prod?

And don't get me wrong, it's not just XYZ gear that pisses me off in this respect. I'm an equal opportunity hater, the admixium change also turned what was a fantastically simple, though still slightly tedious build into a living nightmare. ICs need to stay far far away from blueprints.

Caveat; unless bases can be made to treat them interchangeably when running builds.

I think the admix bps were changed back recently.

For now. I'm doing an overhaul of the Kalthi Depths commod system.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:29 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Also it feel like IC are being shoved down our throats because there is just a abundance of them so AI bases are being filled really quickly. Adding them to what seems every new build will add another IC dump and thus creating more space to sell to AI bases. IF that is the case perhaps IC and IC bases need further tweaking instead of finding more IC sinks?

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:34 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

ShawnMcCall wrote:
anilv wrote:
We could make ICs into commod crates that can be converted back into their raw components.

That undermines the only good argument though; mass builds. If it's a crate I still can't break open more than 2.1b on the base. If ICs are crates, then it's still pointless to have them used in builds. It's just an unrelated factory you're now requiring people to have to build.

No. They would still be used as commods. You would just have the option of breaking them back up.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:33 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

anilv wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
anilv wrote:
We could make ICs into commod crates that can be converted back into their raw components.

That undermines the only good argument though; mass builds. If it's a crate I still can't break open more than 2.1b on the base. If ICs are crates, then it's still pointless to have them used in builds. It's just an unrelated factory you're now requiring people to have to build.

No. They would still be used as commods. You would just have the option of breaking them back up.

Okay, that makes sense. Are we talking like Masterful and Church, where the base can consume either/or for any build. Our would it be like now, where where some BPs take IC and some take metals?

Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:25 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

We can look into the code that would allow bases to consume either, but I doubt that functionality currently exists. If you can always break ICs back into tier 0's, there would be no reason not to just construct as many ICs as possible.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:44 pm

anilv wrote:
We can look into the code that would allow bases to consume either, but I doubt that functionality currently exists. If you can always break ICs back into tier 0's, there would be no reason not to just construct as many ICs as possible.

I don't think it would be to hard, but then again I could be wrong.

I assume building works something like this;

100k metals required fir hypothetical build.

So base checks for metals takes 10k moves build forward proportionally.

How hard would it be for;

base checks for sufficient metals.

Metals sufficient: build goes forward, or metals insufficient: check for steel girders.

If present: 1 steel girder = 1000 metals

Steel girders consumed and applied as 1000 metals toward build without the base actually having to break it like a crate.

With that sort of functionality, I will officially renounce all prior dev team hate that I have expressed and buy each of you involved with the change a $10 starbucks gift card up to $100.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:51 pm
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

ShawnMcCall wrote:

...With that sort of functionality, I will officially renounce all prior dev team hate that I have expressed and buy each of you involved with the change a $10 starbucks gift card up to $100.

Dang, you devs better deliver! :lol:

- Chrono

Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:31 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

ShawnMcCall wrote:

With that sort of functionality, I will officially renounce all prior dev team hate that I have expressed and buy each of you involved with the change a $10 starbucks gift card up to $100.

So only Ryan. Good to know! :P

I'm finally done with adding new IC BPs (yes the old ones are still there) and in the process I managed to tidy up the construction window a bit (many thanks to ergrosphere for the code support).

Here's a little preview:
Attachment:
construction bay.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:32 am

DarkSteel wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

I'm finally done with adding new IC BPs (yes the old ones are still there) and in the process I managed to tidy up the construction window a bit (many thanks to ergrosphere for the code support).

Here's a little preview:
Attachment:
construction bay.png

Fuck it, if only Ryan can do it I will give him all the $10 starbucks gift cards.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:39 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

ShawnMcCall wrote:
DarkSteel wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Here's a little preview:
Attachment:
construction bay.png

Fuck it, if only Ryan can do it I will give him all the $10 starbucks gift cards.

I don't drink coffee, but I like the idea of being bribed ;D

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:46 am