Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 9th November
Masterful wrote:
I think ICs are generally good, but I think that needing them for YZ builds is unnecessarily complicated and makes building A LOT harder.

It means you cannot conveniently extract and then use those resources on the same base. You'd now have to equip 3 IC factories, each needing 300 workers. That means you're already past the 1 hydro mark.

If you don't want to do that, you now have to transport resources to a proddy base or a base where the factories are going to be (which is harder if it's not a proddy gal), then transport those resources back to your bases. It's also a lot more annoying since you would have to set some ridiculously low buy limit (like 1 or 2) on these commods.

Wait, are you building YZ gear on all your EE's?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:40 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

anilv wrote:
Masterful wrote:
I think ICs are generally good, but I think that needing them for YZ builds is unnecessarily complicated and makes building A LOT harder.

It means you cannot conveniently extract and then use those resources on the same base. You'd now have to equip 3 IC factories, each needing 300 workers. That means you're already past the 1 hydro mark.

If you don't want to do that, you now have to transport resources to a proddy base or a base where the factories are going to be (which is harder if it's not a proddy gal), then transport those resources back to your bases. It's also a lot more annoying since you would have to set some ridiculously low buy limit (like 1 or 2) on these commods.

No.

There is, however, going to be lower level players building YZ gear on lower tech kits. This change is not working in their favour.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:46 pm
over 9000!

Unless those kits are EE, I don't think it would be very effective to build based on commods extracted on site.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:04 am
Team: Traders
Main: Alpha2Omega
Level: 6850

The only problem I see is that someone who does not have lots of accounts, like me a 1 account player, can run fast out of slave slots.
I guess devs need to built on 1 account to find the right balance.
Unless the main idea is that everyone has to have a minimum of 2 or 3 accounts to be able to built and play this game.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:13 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

So what's the reasoning for changing stuff to require ICs instead of raw t0 commods?

If it's supposed to be convenience feature, how about having both two methods available for players? We already have two ways for building some stuff such as Platinum Bars.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:48 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

muemin wrote:
The only problem I see is that someone who does not have lots of accounts, like me a 1 account player, can run fast out of slave slots.

This change actually makes it far easier for single account players to ship commods around. Hotrods can prettymuch do the same job as Dark Freighters.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:41 am
over 9000!

DarkSteel wrote:
muemin wrote:

This change actually makes it far easier for single account players to ship commods around. Hotrods can prettymuch do the same job as Dark Freighters.

Exactly. You're getting commodities that are condensed by 100-1000 times. It's a lot easier to move them around.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:42 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Will find it weird how a light fighter is better to move things around than a huge heavy transport freighter.

Car is the Hotrod.

But what i know about logic.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:57 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

I hate IC in general

Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:35 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3240

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Hey, geniuses who are complaining that they can't make IC on-site for YZ builds;

Buy them.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:39 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Antilzah wrote:
So what's the reasoning for changing stuff to require ICs instead of raw t0 commods?

If it's supposed to be convenience feature, how about having both two methods available for players? We already have two ways for building some stuff such as Platinum Bars.

I was going to suggest this but someone beat me to it. Should have two ways of building it then, if someone doesn't want to use IC's, they can use T0's. If someone wants to use IC's since they are compressed and more efficient, though an extra step, they can do that as well. Then everyone is happy! Options are better than only one linear path.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:46 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5987

Masterful wrote:
anilv wrote:
Masterful wrote:

No.

There is, however, going to be lower level players building YZ gear on lower tech kits. This change is not working in their favour.

I think i agree to this, this will hurt new and weak players, lets just do what is suggested down below :)

SunDog60 wrote:
Antilzah wrote:

I was going to suggest this but someone beat me to it. Should have two ways of building it then, if someone doesn't want to use IC's, they can use T0's. If someone wants to use IC's since they are compressed and more efficient, though an extra step, they can do that as well. Then everyone is happy! Options are better than only one linear path.

well said, upvote for this :)

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:32 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Okay, I'll add them both. Hopefully it doesn't confuse newer players..

Do you guys want both options for the base thrusters and galaxy bound drones as well?

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:48 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

I think the Base Thrusters/Drones are normally built on a proddy. Personally don't see an issue either way but not sure if people build them on ExE kits that has lots of materials or something.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:57 am
Main: Horacio
Level: 5650

DarkSteel wrote:
Okay, I'll add them both. Hopefully it doesn't confuse newer players..

Do you guys want both options for the base thrusters and galaxy bound drones as well?

You mean things like Platform drones? If so I'll be in favour of it.

To offer my perspective as a returning player one of the issues I'm experiencing is lack of hull space on my bases (I don't know why I feel like base items take a shit ton more commods than they used too) due to lack of any pre-prepped items (Expansions, etc), not that this is an issue, just a matter of time... although I haven't used IC's to comment on that condensing commods seems OK to me.

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:01 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next