Post Weekly Dev Blog - 9th November
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/weekly-d ... -november/

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:12 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 9th November
Yawn

Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:26 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

So, with this constant shoving of factories down people's throats without a decent system to use them effectively I will stop subbing immediately, until you guys come up with a system that makes factories a god damn dream to work with.

I have complained about this many times with many changes. And constantly get the answer "dev team has other priorities", my opinion is if factory rework isn't a priority then forcing them into more areas is unacceptable. So with that, I will let my final sub run out, pack my bases, and I'll consider giving more money to SS when the dev team quits pushing changes contrary to their "priorities."

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:51 pm

ShawnMcCall wrote:
So, with this constant shoving of factories down people's throats without a decent system to use them effectively I will stop subbing immediately, until you guys come up with a system that makes factories a god damn dream to work with.

I have complained about this many times with many changes. And constantly get the answer "dev team has other priorities", my opinion is if factory rework isn't a priority then forcing them into more areas is unacceptable. So with that, I will let my final sub run out, pack my bases, and I'll consider giving more money to SS when the dev team quits pushing changes contrary to their "priorities."

I'll join your cause. Mostly cause im bored and i don't have a monitor right now.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:12 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

ShawnMcCall wrote:

What factories you referring to?

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:40 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

If you're referring to the Kalthi Depths factory system, that's changing at next uni reset :)

If you're referring to the UZ factories: Markoz has made an alternative system to the UZ factories that are just the raw materials for the modules (BP packs available in The Acropolis for Honorary Mentions). So it cuts out the middle of creating Augmenter equipments & Sensors.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:44 pm

I think he's referring to industrial commods being used for more and more stuff. Personally i think it just makes building even more annoying and tedious and would much rather see way less of IC being used for builds.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:57 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

It only made sense for these BPs. Now players wont require Dark Freighters to build Y and Z gear, or drones. ICs are just super compressed raw materials which is nearly all cases is very helpful. The only hard part is making your way down to Capella in a sing sphere once to get your factories, if that's too hard then... welp :roll:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:01 pm

It's not hard moving raw materials. It's just another extra step to a already tedious process. It just seems like eventually every single build is going to be taking IC, which would be really annoying imo.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:15 pm
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

I know that goofy and I build YZ gear on our ExE kits, but if we have to transport everything to one base then back to all the kits, it would be a pain to do so. On the other hand if you already transport everything to one base then to the defense kits it'll help that person's system better.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:36 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

People had been requesting ways to condense raw commodities for years before IC went in. Now people are complaining that IC are too tedious to use. I just don't know sometimes…

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:36 pm

Could be just me lol. I look at a bp and if it takes more then 2 steps my cba level goes through the roof. I'm a lazy builder.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:40 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

redalert150 wrote:
Could be just me lol. I look at a bp and if it takes more then 2 steps my cba level goes through the roof. I'm a lazy builder.

You should drop some basic IC factories on your prod and keep a modest stock on hand at all times. Simplifies things a lot.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:48 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

I think ICs are generally good, but I think that needing them for YZ builds is unnecessarily complicated and makes building A LOT harder.

It means you cannot conveniently extract and then use those resources on the same base. You'd now have to equip 3 IC factories, each needing 300 workers. That means you're already past the 1 hydro mark.

If you don't want to do that, you now have to transport resources to a proddy base or a base where the factories are going to be (which is harder if it's not a proddy gal), then transport those resources back to your bases. It's also a lot more annoying since you would have to set some ridiculously low buy limit (like 1 or 2) on these commods.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:03 pm

anilv wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

You should drop some basic IC factories on your prod and keep a modest stock on hand at all times. Simplifies things a lot.

I do, they are pretty simple but it just seems like an extra step for the sake of another step in some builds which just makes things become tedious.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:10 pm