Post A rework of the Augmenter Tweaking skill
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/announcements ... ing-skill/

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:56 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: A rework of the Augmenter Tweaking skill
Sweet some we getting beefed boys!

Can this new system please not be turned into another damn sink. We have plenty of credit/item sinks in games. Please!

Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:16 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

Looks nice, what will the new AT level requirements be or are you scrapping that completely?

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:29 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

NattoKilla wrote:
Looks nice, what will the new AT level requirements be or are you scrapping that completely?

Dont think we need level requirements anymore

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:27 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

So my question, is this at all being used to beef traditional (non wild) combat bots? It seems like a good idea, as it will make the regular bots stronger and more able to to fill in the gaps left by the recent change to wild slaves.

Or are you nerfing slaves to prevent this sort of thing? While I was on test with Hober testing fighters my PBFs were performing much closer to what I think people should expect out of a combat bot for a t22 FC. I honestly thing that this change coupled with new fighters could be the one to fix regular combat bots and shift the focus away from Wild Man builds.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:53 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

ShawnMcCall wrote:
So my question, is this at all being used to beef traditional (non wild) combat bots? It seems like a good idea, as it will make the regular bots stronger and more able to to fill in the gaps left by the recent change to wild slaves.

Or are you nerfing slaves to prevent this sort of thing? While I was on test with Hober testing fighters my PBFs were performing much closer to what I think people should expect out of a combat bot for a t22 FC. I honestly thing that this change coupled with new fighters could be the one to fix regular combat bots and shift the focus away from Wild Man builds.

Your bots were overpowered as hell, you had Bot Tweaking 30. So they literally had 60% more Augmenter stats on top of fullly Tweaked augs. Bot Tweaking will not give you 60% stronger augmenters on your bots after this change.

This wasn't intended as a beef to combat bots, but the side effects cause them to be beefed and we're fine with that as it stands. Expect Bot Tweaking to work very differently than it does currently.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:22 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

MasterTrader wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Your bots were overpowered as hell, you had Bot Tweaking 30. So they literally had 60% more Augmenter stats on top of fullly Tweaked augs. Bot Tweaking will not give you 60% stronger augmenters on your bots after this change.

This wasn't intended as a beef to combat bots, but the side effects cause them to be beefed and we're fine with that as it stands. Expect Bot Tweaking to work very differently than it does currently.

I disagree, given the cost of my slaves and the fact that I *cannot* effectively DG without wilds on at22 character in regular perilous space tells me that they aren't "overpowered as hell." Any of my other characters would have shit on that DG my FC was struggling to keep its head above water, because no wilds. I would honestly like to see wilds directly nerfed and combat bots get a beef. Wilds should not pull a majority of an FCs DPS ever and this reliance we have on it is silly.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:55 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

ShawnMcCall wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

I disagree, given the cost of my slaves and the fact that I *cannot* effectively DG without wilds on at22 character in regular perilous space tells me that they aren't "overpowered as hell." Any of my other characters would have shit on that DG my FC was struggling to keep its head above water, because no wilds. I would honestly like to see wilds directly nerfed and combat bots get a beef. Wilds should not pull a majority of an FCs DPS ever and this reliance we have on it is silly.

How can you disagree on how skills were giving more that they will be later on, on the test server? o.o

Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:39 am
Main: Helius
Level: 3033

We had rework of the Aug Tweaking skill few years ago. Older players remeber that.

Jeff promised that after that rework everything will be the same and game content will be balanced.

But it was not. Game content was far more harder after that "rework".

So if you are going into this "rework" please be very careful.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:05 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Nice change! I just want to point out that bot tweaking affects trade bots so keep that in mind when revamping bot tweaking later.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:40 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Antilzah wrote:
Nice change! I just want to point out that bot tweaking affects trade bots so keep that in mind when revamping bot tweaking later.

Yup, we thought of this. Since your trade bots are also effectively getting full AT 25 now, you'll have a net buff to them even when we rework Bot Tweaking.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:44 am
Contributor

Bot tweaking basically goes up to 100 % from 60% and you won't need the skill. We're reworking bot tweaking to nolonger give bonuses to bots their augmenters.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:23 am
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

What do you have in mind for Bot Tweaking?

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:14 am
Contributor

NattoKilla wrote:
What do you have in mind for Bot Tweaking?

Currently bots gain bonuses from their owner's skills, but only at 1/4th or 1/3rd. We plan on making Bot tweaking increase the bonuses that combat bots gain from their owner's skills. Note that this won't affect trade bots (and probably not wild bots either).

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:23 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Combat Bot Tweaking.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:46 pm