Post Weekly Dev Blog – 23rd November
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/news/weekly-d ... -november/

Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:22 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 23rd November
New dev isn't sekret

Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:03 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Sypom3 wrote:
New dev isn't sekret

Yeah, I'm not sure why he wasn't announced in this blog besides having a new dev around. I'm sure the reason was probably that he had been accepted, but likely only got access to stuff a few hours after the dev meeting happened (which from my brief appearances online today, I think I only saw him on the dev discord after the meeting), it is possible he wasn't around to contact by the time the blog was ready to publish, and thus in the event he wanted to remain hidden, his name was not mentioned in the blog.

So, the new dev is Redalert, from Traders. His focus will be on QA'ing content, with I believe a specific emphasis on Hober Mallow's content.

Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:59 am
Main: The Shaft of Punishment
Level: 0

Translation: No one likes Hober.

Rebuttal: I like Hober, our High Scrublord Savior.

Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:07 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

SunDog60 wrote:
So, the new dev is Redalert, from Traders. His focus will be on QA'ing content, with I believe a specific emphasis on Hober Mallow's content.

xd

Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:45 am
Site Admin / PR Admin
Team: Suits
Main: The Suit
Level: 1337

Better not steal my avatar.

Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:53 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Yeah the new developer logged off before I did the blog so, I didn't know what that person wanted, so I assumed. Can always be done next week :)

The Suit wrote:
Better not steal my avatar.

Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:32 am
Main: Don Quixote
Level: 3145

new size of base augs? ach normal/double/spirit/ adonis normal?

Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:51 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Even more evidence that the development team is being financed and controlled by Communists.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:16 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Yea apparently the dev did want to keep it secret but we're here now arent we! Id like to file a kos on Markoz, Sundoge and Hober from this point on for every dev hate message i get from the player base! :lol: Anyways yea im new Dev, i joined so i can finally feel like i belong on Tarders. They finally accepted me as one of there own :P

On a more serious note ive joined to the team to mainly help with all the QA, not specifically all of Hobers broken.. err i mean less balance knowledgeable additions? Hopefully no more things that are obviously broken will be added to the game to then just be nerfed a while later. I personally think its better to add something weak and then later on buff it then add something OP and later nerf it, leaving players with a bad taste in there mouth.

In addition to QA id also like to tweak some stuff around once i learn how to do that type of stuff. Specifically tweaks, id like to take a look at every tweak and bring some sort of balance and consistency to them. 30 sec cooldown on a 2 sec tweak is not okay, a tech 2 tweak should not be comparable to a tech 19 tweak. Also id look to take a look at super items and a few other things eventually but like i said i have a lot of learning to do before i can do anything. All ive been given so far is a fancy purple name on discord, completely worth it!

Also id like to keep the theme of transparency going with the dev team that markoz and hober have done on discord. So anything that i have access to ill be sharing with the rest of the playerbase. Inb4 they dont give me access to anything now!

Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:10 pm
Main: The Shaft of Punishment
Level: 0

*dev hate msg*
*dev hate msg*
*dev hate msg*
*dev hate msg*
*dev hate msg*
*dev hate msg*
*dev hate msg*
*dev hate msg*

Okay, that's 8 sets of Markoz, Hober, and SunDog kill boxes I want.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:40 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Consider though that percentage bonuses on tweaks are equally useful at all levels, or perhaps even more useful at high levels than low due to more supply and a skill that boosts them. 5% damage 1/30 of the time from a consumable item is pretty much useless at any level.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:11 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Brugle
Level: 4111

Maybe use it more in line with other games. So maybe 5% damage for 1-5 minutes, every 5-10 minutes?

Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:43 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Or perhaps make tweaks like abilities in other games. They should be limited, but BIG power boosts at all levels, so as to define your playstyle. Packaging them into supers would be neat.
Heck, they could even be the actual basis of classes, instead of the poor stat scaling that there is currently.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:33 am
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

WWHAAT??!

Fighters are actually being worked on? woah.... I had to read that post like 7 times (once for each year I have been waiting for fighter revamps), to make sure I wasnt dreaming, hallucinating, or had temporarily fell through the space time continuum into a parallel universe. Just to be safe that I am not being tricked by a "fake news" site spoofing the SS website and claiming that fighters are being worked on, I better also activate all my anti-phishing/malware anti-virus programs to see if it detects anything.

Otherwise if that all checks out, then I look forward to seeing the revamped fighters and to one day as an FC realizing my dream of not just having to spam MIRV missiles to max dps due to the fact that they are currently cheaper, more effective, more practical, easier to acquire, take less space, way better dps, and better in every possible way than fighters from an FC who has maxed fighter skill.

Please make my dream (dps from FC using fighters > dps from FC spamming MIRV missles) come true people..... Please. :/

Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:12 pm