Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 21st December
riel017 wrote:
My chidz on elec controller only has like 1.4k elec regen. That is with zeus ops aug also.

Plz tell me only chidz will be like this without elec regen. Cuz if all drones will be without elec regen, how will they shield regen without elec and u will make elec controllers paper weight.

I understand nerf on chidz cuz they are almost free. Btw chids are not only used as dps drones, they are also meat shields. Plz give em like 500 elec atleast to mentain shield regen. Imo 500 elec will not keep that drone do decent dps after banking out energy.

I tested it with half shieldbanked drones didn't seem to draw from the energy reserves. I would still advise to use the elec drone controller as without it they're much weaker.

With this change it makes me want to introduce something like Kalthi drones for players to counter the loss of use for engineers, we'll wait and see though!

Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:38 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

I cannot believe the words are coming off of my keyboard but Johnston is 100% bang on about the fighters and the generators. You guys really are losing the plot a bit here.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:30 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Why can they only generate 3 fighters?

Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

So who is quitting this time?

Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:45 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Tomzta09 wrote:
I cannot believe the words are coming off of my keyboard but Johnston is 100% bang on about the fighters and the generators. You guys really are losing the plot a bit here.

They've lost the plot for the last few months. There's no point even bothering to argue with it since they don't even listen to people who know what they're talking about.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:53 am
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5980

Pixel wrote:
I tested it with half shieldbanked drones didn't seem to draw from the energy reserves. I would still advise to use the elec drone controller as without it they're much weaker.

With this change it makes me want to introduce something like Kalthi drones for players to counter the loss of use for engineers, we'll wait and see though!

You mean to tell me engi will be useless cuz all drones will be no longer unli elec regen not just chidz or what? Im feeling now that my investment on elec controllers are for naught. :(

Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:01 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Tomzta09 wrote:

^

Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:06 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

riel017 wrote:
Pixel wrote:

You mean to tell me engi will be useless cuz all drones will be no longer unli elec regen not just chidz or what? Im feeling now that my investment on elec controllers are for naught. :(

Chidz were literally broken they were never meant to have infinite elec. That bug appeared around October/November. Before then chidz could never power even with a sup elec controller and they were still the best dps/tank drones by far. We've simply fixed a bug. Actually compared to what they use to be they got a nice beef to elec. Chidz will still be very powerful drones just like they've always been.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:09 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: goofy
Level: 4340

i was using fc as a main class, as i have a problem actually controlling my ship and doing the locking , firing , etc . due to a handicap . the new changes are making that class useless to me . i will probably not be able to level my characters fartyher at this point , so the only actual class for me is the generic " no class " account ? so thank you for giving me less choices of play on this otherwise great game ....

Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:58 am
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5980

redalert150 wrote:
Chidz were literally broken they were never meant to have infinite elec. That bug appeared around October/November. Before then chidz could never power even with a sup elec controller and they were still the best dps/tank drones by far. We've simply fixed a bug. Actually compared to what they use to be they got a nice beef to elec. Chidz will still be very powerful drones just like they've always been.

Oh. Cuz i was not playing since then, so there was a really bad bug for chids, and i understood it as not only chids will lose elec regen cuz pixel said loss for engineers need new drones. U mean chids from 5 months ago still the same? My setup made for chids to have 1.4k elec regen like 5 months ago will still work?

Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:25 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

riel017 wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Oh. Cuz i was not playing since then, so there was a really bad bug for chids, and i understood it as not only chids will lose elec regen cuz pixel said loss for engineers need new drones. U mean chids from 5 months ago still the same? My setup made for chids to have 1.4k elec regen like 5 months ago will still work?

If your setup wasn't getting huge amounts of electricity randomly with Chidz, there is LITERALLY no change for you. The only people this changes anything for are those who were using Chidz while they were getting more inbuilt elec regen than they used to.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:58 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

The devs want more discussion, input and cooperation with the playerbase when it comes to improving the game. Listen to the players, and they will tell you. In this instance, you need to rethink what you're planning on doing with fighters. It is clearly obvious just from reading a page of this topic in particular that many FCs / former FCs are not happy with this idea.

I think what people were expecting (I certainly was) from a fighter rebalance was for fighters to have an increase in damage and survivability.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:48 pm
Contributor

Tomzta09 wrote:
The devs want more discussion, input and cooperation with the playerbase when it comes to improving the game. Listen to the players, and they will tell you. In this instance, you need to rethink what you're planning on doing with fighters. It is clearly obvious just from reading a page of this topic in particular that many FCs / former FCs are not happy with this idea.

I think what people were expecting (I certainly was) from a fighter rebalance was for fighters to have an increase in damage and survivability.

Shoot me a message on Discord when you're online, and we can go through these fighters together so I can get your feedback. I've already spoken with JohnstonV2 and watched him use some fighters, I'd like your opinion as well.

Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:51 pm
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

I still haven't seen an answer to the only question that really matters with the fighter revamp, so perhaps someone whose testing it can speak to this:

-Will the new fighters on an FC with max fighter skill now do more sustained DPS than an FC spamming MIRV missiles?

If the answer to this is no, then I see no point to this revamp.

EDIT: Actually after this blog I now see the bar is even higher since fighters will now be mutually exclusive with wild slaves and the question should be:

-Will the new fighters on an FC with max fighter skill now do more sustained DPS than an FC spamming MIRV missiles + Wild Slaves?

Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:46 am
Contributor

Before massive tweaks and changes to the fighters I designed, I could confidently say "Yes" to fighters being comparable to MIRVs. Now, I can tell you that they have way more DPE and are therefore more efficient, come in a variety of different damage types with different aura types, and depending on the fighter combinations you may be able to do a significant amount of damage.

Also, there is nothing stopping you from using Missiles and Fighters as it is now.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:34 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next