Post Weekly Dev Blog – 18th January
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/news/weekly-d ... h-january/

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:09 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 18th January
Those pictures make for pretty good desktop backgrounds. Wtb 1920 x 2160 version

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:45 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Now if only the actual game looked like those 'screenshots'.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:08 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

"Reed: Is it possible to reward returning players like a mission would appear and they receive credits?

We plan to do this in the future but currently no."

What does this mean? I am not even sure what the question was getting at.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:43 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

dreadlordnaf wrote:
"Reed: Is it possible to reward returning players like a mission would appear and they receive credits?

We plan to do this in the future but currently no."

What does this mean? I am not even sure what the question was getting at.

The player was hoping for some incentive that you can redeem if you are logging in for the first time in a while. We are interested in pursuing this idea but have nothing for it at this time.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:46 am

I see. If the goal is to get some long-time dormant players to check in again and see what new changes have happened which may encourage them to sub and play again, information dissemination may achieve that goal better.

For example if someone were to quit the game because they got bored or frustrated by it I am not sure a simple reward would get them playing again, especially since they will need to pay a sub just to log in and get it. In their mind it is the same ole game still. Reward for dormant players usually only works in F2P games where there is zero dollar cost to login and get your reward and see all the new changes.

On the other hand, if SS simply sent out an email to all players in their database a few times a year, maybe correlated with uni reset, that summarized all the cool changes that has happened the last few months along with where things are headed, I would think that might be more enticing to get someone to sub again to check it out. I say this since reading the blog and seeing some of the upcoming changes got me to try things out again after quite a long break this last year.

Last edited by dreadlordnaf on Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:40 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

That is not the goal. Many other games have a small reward system for logging in every week or so. The idea is to keep people coming back, not to court former players.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:44 am

anilv wrote:
That is not the goal. Many other games have a small reward system for logging in every week or so. The idea is to keep people coming back, not to court former players.

Oh I understand now, though I think both goals (keep them logging in and get them to come back) are worth pursuing.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:55 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: maniac45x
Level: 5015

dreadlordnaf wrote:
anilv wrote:

Oh I understand now, though I think both goals (keep them logging in and get them to come back) are worth pursuing.

Another game I play use a medal system for login and first battle win reward. Maybe something on that idea could be done. Not sure if medals relate to this game here as that one is a Navy Game. The commod could be "star Dust" and turned into in game currency somehow.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:35 pm