Post Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/news/weekly-d ... 1st-march/

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:53 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
First!

- Chrono

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:39 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

I did nexus a couple of days ago and a reasonable amount of it seems targeted at solo play.
I'm glad that the team seems to be putting in group content with the support drone device but would you think about early game missions that require a drop and the mission AI only drops 1x of the item, eg. the maggot cloacae and flylet archbreeder? IMO missions with single drop boss item requirements aren't as group-friendly as they could be.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:01 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Nice work on the promo vid. Good thing u featured lightg33 pvping people so at least new players when they get killed from him in-game will be like "oh yeah i saw on the promo vid that he would be doing that to me..."

Glad Steam is finally coming to fruition, i know it has been a long time in the works. BTW I personally find Steam forums superior to the ones here for both disseminating information to players and having player conversation, and perhaps some thought should be put into considering whether that should be the official forums once the game is up and running there.

PS: The new ship reminds me of the Chmrr Avatar.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:18 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

iwnh01 wrote:
I did nexus a couple of days ago and a reasonable amount of it seems targeted at solo play.
I'm glad that the team seems to be putting in group content with the support drone device but would you think about early game missions that require a drop and the mission AI only drops 1x of the item, eg. the maggot cloacae and flylet archbreeder? IMO missions with single drop boss item requirements aren't as group-friendly as they could be.

One of the many things that's great about the class recalling is that now we'll be able to add a lot more squad oriented content for lower levels. As we do this we will for sure take a look at situations where you'll need multiple drops.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:30 pm
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

EDIT - NEVERMIND THIS: Coincidentally I see devs just addressed same question in the suggestions forum viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62989

BTW where do we ask the Q/A questions for future blogs at? I thought there was separate form for that, but not sure so Ill ask it here:

Q. Are there plans before steam release to revamp item/inventory structure, especially for Combat or Recon classes that have barely any hull space. Currently it's close to impossible for a new player to level up playing those classes since its impractical for them to save up gear from drops due to hull space limitations.

Background:
It seems like most people level up with Fleet or Support, then only switch later to Combat or Recon after they are established. Part of this due to these other classes having no room to scoop any gear up to save and build resources/gear/credits which is essential and is really a disincentive to leveling up a char with these classes.

For what its worth I thought the one idea a long time ago that was proposed to simply give all ships a "cargo hold" of a specified amount that could only be used for scooping things, not for equipping things or for using items from, was among the better solutions to this problem.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:43 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

dreadlordnaf wrote:
EDIT - NEVERMIND THIS: Coincidentally I see devs just addressed same question in the suggestions forum viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62989

BTW where do we ask the Q/A questions for future blogs at? I thought there was separate form for that, but not sure so Ill ask it here:

Q. Are there plans before steam release to revamp item/inventory structure, especially for Combat or Recon classes that have barely any hull space. Currently it's close to impossible for a new player to level up playing those classes since its impractical for them to save up gear from drops due to hull space limitations.

Background:
It seems like most people level up with Fleet or Support, then only switch later to Combat or Recon after they are established. Part of this due to these other classes having no room to scoop any gear up to save and build resources/gear/credits which is essential and is really a disincentive to leveling up a char with these classes.

For what its worth I thought the one idea a long time ago that was proposed to simply give all ships a "cargo hold" of a specified amount that could only be used for scooping things, not for equipping things or for using items from, was among the better solutions to this problem.

Not before steam but we should get the cargo slot system relatively soon after steam launch. It's the next thing on the list I believe.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:07 am
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

iwnh01 wrote:

As far as I am aware, if two people kill a boss that drops a mission item they both need, two will drop. That's how Mission Items work, from what I recall. Is this not the case? Have they only been dropping one despite more than one player being present?

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:37 am
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

How significant is the X gear nerfs stats wise? it won't mess up any setups will it?

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:31 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

SunDog60 wrote:

As far as I am aware, if two people kill a boss that drops a mission item they both need, two will drop. That's how Mission Items work, from what I recall. Is this not the case? Have they only been dropping one despite more than one player being present?

Every mission with red glowie items I've seen only drops 1 red glowie mission item per killed mission AI regardless of the number of people in the squad / galaxy with that mission open.
That was what happened a few days ago in nexus, I thought it was by design.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:15 am
Main: Tholyn
Level: 2707

Quote:

Recently running MS with 2 people dropped 2x MS brain and other brain(same w/ anaconda). However, running copper blob for OS6 mission, only one comod was dropped and had to wait for lockout to run again.

Seems that comods that only drop with a mission active only drop a single one. Thats just my experience so I could be wrong.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:03 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

NattoKilla wrote:
How significant is the X gear nerfs stats wise? it won't mess up any setups will it?

9-15%. X gear will be about 10% better than its vanilla gear rather than up to 25%

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:26 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Quote:
We felt like this was unnecessary cluttering of drop tables as well as making KD builds more annoying than they really should be for no reason.

T10 loot is also unnecessary cluttering of droptables.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:31 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Thank you for getting rid of unnecessary factory stage of KD builds. I would like if t20 and t21 modules got the same treatment in one way or the other.

Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:08 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Antilzah wrote:
Thank you for getting rid of unnecessary factory stage of KD builds. I would like if t20 and t21 modules got the same treatment in one way or the other.

Good idea. We are trying to move away from factory-based builds where valuable commods and augs are involved. Any concrete suggestion for doing this to the T20-21 cases?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:13 am