Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:37 am
Posts: 364
Post Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/news/weekly-d ... 1st-march/


Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:53 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Councilor
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5027

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:36 pm
Posts: 326
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
First!

- Chrono

_________________
anilv wrote:
#feelthethrm


Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:39 pm
Profile
Team: Deep Space Federation
Rank: Operator
Main: iwnh011
Level: 1077

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:07 pm
Posts: 138
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
I did nexus a couple of days ago and a reasonable amount of it seems targeted at solo play.
I'm glad that the team seems to be putting in group content with the support drone device but would you think about early game missions that require a drop and the mission AI only drops 1x of the item, eg. the maggot cloacae and flylet archbreeder? IMO missions with single drop boss item requirements aren't as group-friendly as they could be.


Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:01 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Councilor
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 4744

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:33 am
Posts: 655
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
Nice work on the promo vid. Good thing u featured lightg33 pvping people so at least new players when they get killed from him in-game will be like "oh yeah i saw on the promo vid that he would be doing that to me..."

Glad Steam is finally coming to fruition, i know it has been a long time in the works. BTW I personally find Steam forums superior to the ones here for both disseminating information to players and having player conversation, and perhaps some thought should be put into considering whether that should be the official forums once the game is up and running there.

PS: The new ship reminds me of the Chmrr Avatar.


Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:18 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: House of Wolves
Rank: Director
Main: redalert750
Level: 2497

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:36 pm
Posts: 2769
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
iwnh01 wrote:
I did nexus a couple of days ago and a reasonable amount of it seems targeted at solo play.
I'm glad that the team seems to be putting in group content with the support drone device but would you think about early game missions that require a drop and the mission AI only drops 1x of the item, eg. the maggot cloacae and flylet archbreeder? IMO missions with single drop boss item requirements aren't as group-friendly as they could be.



One of the many things that's great about the class recalling is that now we'll be able to add a lot more squad oriented content for lower levels. As we do this we will for sure take a look at situations where you'll need multiple drops.

_________________
"I still miss the Crack Whores..." - Jeff_L


Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:30 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Councilor
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 4744

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:33 am
Posts: 655
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
EDIT - NEVERMIND THIS: Coincidentally I see devs just addressed same question in the suggestions forum viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62989

BTW where do we ask the Q/A questions for future blogs at? I thought there was separate form for that, but not sure so Ill ask it here:

Q. Are there plans before steam release to revamp item/inventory structure, especially for Combat or Recon classes that have barely any hull space. Currently it's close to impossible for a new player to level up playing those classes since its impractical for them to save up gear from drops due to hull space limitations.


Background:
It seems like most people level up with Fleet or Support, then only switch later to Combat or Recon after they are established. Part of this due to these other classes having no room to scoop any gear up to save and build resources/gear/credits which is essential and is really a disincentive to leveling up a char with these classes.

For what its worth I thought the one idea a long time ago that was proposed to simply give all ships a "cargo hold" of a specified amount that could only be used for scooping things, not for equipping things or for using items from, was among the better solutions to this problem.


Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:43 pm
Profile
Content Dev
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Councilor
Main: DarkSteel
Level: 3942

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:35 am
Posts: 2051
Location: Netherlands
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
dreadlordnaf wrote:
EDIT - NEVERMIND THIS: Coincidentally I see devs just addressed same question in the suggestions forum viewtopic.php?f=3&t=62989

BTW where do we ask the Q/A questions for future blogs at? I thought there was separate form for that, but not sure so Ill ask it here:

Q. Are there plans before steam release to revamp item/inventory structure, especially for Combat or Recon classes that have barely any hull space. Currently it's close to impossible for a new player to level up playing those classes since its impractical for them to save up gear from drops due to hull space limitations.


Background:
It seems like most people level up with Fleet or Support, then only switch later to Combat or Recon after they are established. Part of this due to these other classes having no room to scoop any gear up to save and build resources/gear/credits which is essential and is really a disincentive to leveling up a char with these classes.

For what its worth I thought the one idea a long time ago that was proposed to simply give all ships a "cargo hold" of a specified amount that could only be used for scooping things, not for equipping things or for using items from, was among the better solutions to this problem.


Not before steam but we should get the cargo slot system relatively soon after steam launch. It's the next thing on the list I believe.

_________________
~DarkSteel / Auxilium
Image
Image


Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:07 am
Profile
Content Dev
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Director
Main: SunDog60
Level: 4366

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:15 pm
Posts: 594
Location: Canada
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
iwnh01 wrote:
I did nexus a couple of days ago and a reasonable amount of it seems targeted at solo play.
I'm glad that the team seems to be putting in group content with the support drone device but would you think about early game missions that require a drop and the mission AI only drops 1x of the item, eg. the maggot cloacae and flylet archbreeder? IMO missions with single drop boss item requirements aren't as group-friendly as they could be.


As far as I am aware, if two people kill a boss that drops a mission item they both need, two will drop. That's how Mission Items work, from what I recall. Is this not the case? Have they only been dropping one despite more than one player being present?

_________________
T21 Skills and Dailies Guide - Personal Wiki Contributions - Monthly Wiki Contributions


Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:37 am
Profile
Team: Traders
Rank: Soldier
Main: Horacio
Level: 3760

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:58 pm
Posts: 60
Location: England
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
How significant is the X gear nerfs stats wise? it won't mess up any setups will it?

_________________
Old Player, formally known as Nathaniel Lightning

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan


Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:31 am
Profile
Team: Deep Space Federation
Rank: Operator
Main: iwnh011
Level: 1077

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:07 pm
Posts: 138
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
SunDog60 wrote:

As far as I am aware, if two people kill a boss that drops a mission item they both need, two will drop. That's how Mission Items work, from what I recall. Is this not the case? Have they only been dropping one despite more than one player being present?

Every mission with red glowie items I've seen only drops 1 red glowie mission item per killed mission AI regardless of the number of people in the squad / galaxy with that mission open.
That was what happened a few days ago in nexus, I thought it was by design.


Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:15 am
Profile
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Tholyn
Level: 2261

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:45 pm
Posts: 14
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
Quote:
As far as I am aware, if two people kill a boss that drops a mission item they both need, two will drop. That's how Mission Items work, from what I recall. Is this not the case? Have they only been dropping one despite more than one player being present?


Recently running MS with 2 people dropped 2x MS brain and other brain(same w/ anaconda). However, running copper blob for OS6 mission, only one comod was dropped and had to wait for lockout to run again.

Seems that comods that only drop with a mission active only drop a single one. Thats just my experience so I could be wrong.


Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:03 am
Profile
Content Dev
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Councilor
Main: DarkSteel
Level: 3942

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:35 am
Posts: 2051
Location: Netherlands
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
NattoKilla wrote:
How significant is the X gear nerfs stats wise? it won't mess up any setups will it?


9-15%. X gear will be about 10% better than its vanilla gear rather than up to 25%

_________________
~DarkSteel / Auxilium
Image
Image


Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:26 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Resident Evil
Rank: Officer
Main: Masterful
Level: 3922

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:47 am
Posts: 1341
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
Quote:
We felt like this was unnecessary cluttering of drop tables as well as making KD builds more annoying than they really should be for no reason.

T10 loot is also unnecessary cluttering of droptables.

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:31 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Councilor
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6293

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:25 pm
Posts: 1945
Location: Finland
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
Thank you for getting rid of unnecessary factory stage of KD builds. I would like if t20 and t21 modules got the same treatment in one way or the other.


Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:08 am
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5503

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 10909
Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog – 1st March
Antilzah wrote:
Thank you for getting rid of unnecessary factory stage of KD builds. I would like if t20 and t21 modules got the same treatment in one way or the other.


Good idea. We are trying to move away from factory-based builds where valuable commods and augs are involved. Any concrete suggestion for doing this to the T20-21 cases?

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:13 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.