Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
Member
Team: Traders
Rank: Peon
Main: Exo
Level: 4281

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:31 pm
Posts: 62
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
redalert150 wrote:
anihilator wrote:
What's with the Raja nerf?



Huh?


* Rajanicar’ayu: -5% Damage (25 to 20), -10% Crit Chance (15 to 5), +5% Crit Strength (15 to 20)


Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:15 am
Profile
Content Dev
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: DarkSteel
Level: 3936

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:35 am
Posts: 2045
Location: Netherlands
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
Testing showed is was far more powerful than intended. It was having no problem competing with the new twisted light fighters.

_________________
~DarkSteel / Auxilium
Image
Image


Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:57 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 4436

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:33 am
Posts: 638
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
Did FC hostility mechanics change?

I've done Emp dozens of times and never had a wild or primary combat slave die, instead Emp usually just shoots me to death the whole time. Now though he shoots my slaves and wild slave primarily and I dont take a scratch, which is worse actually since he kills my dps.

I notice one of the zen skills give the FC more hostility now, which it didnt have before, but in actuality my slaves and wild slaves get targeted way more than pre-patch which seems counter intuitive given the new hostile bonus. Unless its implemented in some manner which isnt obvious?

If we could get a brief explanation of if this hostility mechanic changed, would be very much appreciated and allow us to adjust tactics accordingly. Thanks.


Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:53 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: House of Wolves
Rank: Director
Main: redalert750
Level: 2497

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:36 pm
Posts: 2769
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
DarkSteel wrote:
Testing showed is was far more powerful than intended. It was having no problem competing with the new twisted light fighters.



Translation: Haters gon hate.

_________________
"I still miss the Crack Whores..." - Jeff_L


Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:30 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Officer
Main: Freddie Fender
Level: 2916

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:39 pm
Posts: 61
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
First off great job on detailed patch notes. Its properly professional. Well done!

I would like some dialog on the extent of some of these nerfs. Subspace bosses may have had their shields or regen cut but how about their dps? I mean if you nerf dps/hps on players then simply reducing shields/regen isn't a 1 for 1 proposition. They may indeed be easier to kill but players are still killed at the same rate with the boss's high dps, even faster with the player hps nerf.

Have the devs attempted to do the sub space boss's with just t21 ships and gear in a 10 man squad? No t22 gear or healer drones? I think if you were to test this with a 10 man squad of t21 gear/ships you might find that it is quite a task. Please do this. don't just haruphh and point to line 43 on the oldies spreadsheet. Do eet.


Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:20 pm
Profile
Content Dev
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Director
Main: SunDog60
Level: 4243

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:15 pm
Posts: 591
Location: Canada
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
dreadlordnaf wrote:
Jey123456 wrote:
+ Pushed Rock Hudson from 40 to 80 danger factor minimal.


THANK GOD. You dont know the bane of my existence Rock was when I was leveling as a noob...


Same. Very annoying uber.

_________________
T21 Skills and Dailies Guide - Personal Wiki Contributions - Monthly Wiki Contributions


Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:33 am
Profile
Content Dev
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: DarkSteel
Level: 3936

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:35 am
Posts: 2045
Location: Netherlands
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
crnerblitz wrote:
First off great job on detailed patch notes. Its properly professional. Well done!

I would like some dialog on the extent of some of these nerfs. Subspace bosses may have had their shields or regen cut but how about their dps? I mean if you nerf dps/hps on players then simply reducing shields/regen isn't a 1 for 1 proposition. They may indeed be easier to kill but players are still killed at the same rate with the boss's high dps, even faster with the player hps nerf.

Have the devs attempted to do the sub space boss's with just t21 ships and gear in a 10 man squad? No t22 gear or healer drones? I think if you were to test this with a 10 man squad of t21 gear/ships you might find that it is quite a task. Please do this. don't just haruphh and point to line 43 on the oldies spreadsheet. Do eet.


The healing output nor the tankability of players hasn't changed

_________________
~DarkSteel / Auxilium
Image
Image


Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:53 am
Profile
Team: Deep Space Federation
Rank: Operator
Main: iwnh011
Level: 1077

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:07 pm
Posts: 132
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
At t21?


Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:15 am
Profile
Content Dev
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: DarkSteel
Level: 3936

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:35 am
Posts: 2045
Location: Netherlands
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
Mhmm. Heph machine lost an augslot but I made sure to keep the HPS and sustain relatively the same. You'll mostly feel the nerf in shieldbank and range reduction.

_________________
~DarkSteel / Auxilium
Image
Image


Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:02 am
Profile
Member
User avatar
Team: Resident Evil
Rank: Officer
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4589

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:31 pm
Posts: 4299
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
via a 25% dmg boost on base? doubt it. :lol:

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Team: Deep Space Federation
Rank: Officer
Main: Horacio
Level: 3673

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:58 pm
Posts: 56
Location: England
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
NattoKilla wrote:
Abit late but how will Mentions and Diplomas be affected since this skill was a nifty way to get the mats to get IK20?


Asked this when the AT change was announced, I notice the new skills don't give Dips/Mentions any substitute in the works?

_________________
Old Player, formally known as Nathaniel Lightning

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan


Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:48 pm
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Councilor
Main: enkelin
Level: 5502

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 10886
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
sabre198 wrote:
via a 25% dmg boost on base? doubt it. :lol:


Actually yes. Standard ShM augging doesn't go very heavy on the Damage augmod, and in any case, the marginal benefit of that fourth aug to HPS is smaller than you think. In any case, we did plenty of actual testing of this, not just theorycrafting.

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:14 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Operator
Main: X2
Level: 3000

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:58 am
Posts: 12
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
* Removed the laser from the Mythic Defenders

you guys forget to say you removed the fighters too, the drone has no DPS what so ever now. . .


Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:24 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Officer
Main: Freddie Fender
Level: 2916

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:39 pm
Posts: 61
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
anilv wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
via a 25% dmg boost on base? doubt it. :lol:


Actually yes. Standard ShM augging doesn't go very heavy on the Damage augmod, and in any case, the marginal benefit of that fourth aug to HPS is smaller than you think. In any case, we did plenty of actual testing of this, not just theorycrafting.



Well my main shm went from around 24k hps to 13k hps in the heph machine, my other shm's in hephs lost about 2-3 k hps. Also noticed that their sustain is much worse to now, they definitely lose drain shields when healing in sub space when they did not before. my two hephs died healing when they hadn't before, granted it was just 2 boss's tried. We'll be trying the other boss's but im pretty sure the massive dps that ee22 puts out is going to wreck the healers


These are real stats in real action


Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:28 pm
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Councilor
Main: enkelin
Level: 5502

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 10886
Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
crnerblitz wrote:
anilv wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
via a 25% dmg boost on base? doubt it. :lol:


Actually yes. Standard ShM augging doesn't go very heavy on the Damage augmod, and in any case, the marginal benefit of that fourth aug to HPS is smaller than you think. In any case, we did plenty of actual testing of this, not just theorycrafting.



Well my main shm went from around 24k hps to 13k hps in the heph machine, my other shm's in hephs lost about 2-3 k hps. Also noticed that their sustain is much worse to now, they definitely lose drain shields when healing in sub space when they did not before. my two hephs died healing when they hadn't before, granted it was just 2 boss's tried. We'll be trying the other boss's but im pretty sure the massive dps that ee22 puts out is going to wreck the healers


These are real stats in real action


You may need to reaug your Heph Machines with a different design philosophy. That's why the ships were given free augmenter resets. But with three aug slots and the new augmods you should be able to achieve pretty good results.

Also, if you are predominantly concerned with doing T22 content such as EE 22, I would suggest upgrading to a T22 ship instead of considering HM to be an endgame setup.

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:34 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.