Team: Zephyr
Main: Exo
Level: 4586

Post Re: Server/Client Patch 02.11.2017
redalert150 wrote:
anihilator wrote:
What's with the Raja nerf?

Huh?

* Rajanicar’ayu: -5% Damage (25 to 20), -10% Crit Chance (15 to 5), +5% Crit Strength (15 to 20)

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:15 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Testing showed is was far more powerful than intended. It was having no problem competing with the new twisted light fighters.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:57 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Did FC hostility mechanics change?

I've done Emp dozens of times and never had a wild or primary combat slave die, instead Emp usually just shoots me to death the whole time. Now though he shoots my slaves and wild slave primarily and I dont take a scratch, which is worse actually since he kills my dps.

I notice one of the zen skills give the FC more hostility now, which it didnt have before, but in actuality my slaves and wild slaves get targeted way more than pre-patch which seems counter intuitive given the new hostile bonus. Unless its implemented in some manner which isnt obvious?

If we could get a brief explanation of if this hostility mechanic changed, would be very much appreciated and allow us to adjust tactics accordingly. Thanks.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:53 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

DarkSteel wrote:
Testing showed is was far more powerful than intended. It was having no problem competing with the new twisted light fighters.

Translation: Haters gon hate.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:30 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Freddie Fender
Level: 3119

First off great job on detailed patch notes. Its properly professional. Well done!

I would like some dialog on the extent of some of these nerfs. Subspace bosses may have had their shields or regen cut but how about their dps? I mean if you nerf dps/hps on players then simply reducing shields/regen isn't a 1 for 1 proposition. They may indeed be easier to kill but players are still killed at the same rate with the boss's high dps, even faster with the player hps nerf.

Have the devs attempted to do the sub space boss's with just t21 ships and gear in a 10 man squad? No t22 gear or healer drones? I think if you were to test this with a 10 man squad of t21 gear/ships you might find that it is quite a task. Please do this. don't just haruphh and point to line 43 on the oldies spreadsheet. Do eet.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:20 pm
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

dreadlordnaf wrote:
Jey123456 wrote:
+ Pushed Rock Hudson from 40 to 80 danger factor minimal.

THANK GOD. You dont know the bane of my existence Rock was when I was leveling as a noob...

Same. Very annoying uber.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:33 am
Contributor

crnerblitz wrote:
First off great job on detailed patch notes. Its properly professional. Well done!

I would like some dialog on the extent of some of these nerfs. Subspace bosses may have had their shields or regen cut but how about their dps? I mean if you nerf dps/hps on players then simply reducing shields/regen isn't a 1 for 1 proposition. They may indeed be easier to kill but players are still killed at the same rate with the boss's high dps, even faster with the player hps nerf.

Have the devs attempted to do the sub space boss's with just t21 ships and gear in a 10 man squad? No t22 gear or healer drones? I think if you were to test this with a 10 man squad of t21 gear/ships you might find that it is quite a task. Please do this. don't just haruphh and point to line 43 on the oldies spreadsheet. Do eet.

The healing output nor the tankability of players hasn't changed

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:53 am
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

At t21?

Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:15 am
Contributor

Mhmm. Heph machine lost an augslot but I made sure to keep the HPS and sustain relatively the same. You'll mostly feel the nerf in shieldbank and range reduction.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:02 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

via a 25% dmg boost on base? doubt it. :lol:

Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:57 am
Profile WWW
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

NattoKilla wrote:
Abit late but how will Mentions and Diplomas be affected since this skill was a nifty way to get the mats to get IK20?

Asked this when the AT change was announced, I notice the new skills don't give Dips/Mentions any substitute in the works?

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:48 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

sabre198 wrote:

Actually yes. Standard ShM augging doesn't go very heavy on the Damage augmod, and in any case, the marginal benefit of that fourth aug to HPS is smaller than you think. In any case, we did plenty of actual testing of this, not just theorycrafting.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:14 pm
Team: Traders
Main: X2
Level: 4627

* Removed the laser from the Mythic Defenders

you guys forget to say you removed the fighters too, the drone has no DPS what so ever now. . .

Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:24 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Freddie Fender
Level: 3119

anilv wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

Actually yes. Standard ShM augging doesn't go very heavy on the Damage augmod, and in any case, the marginal benefit of that fourth aug to HPS is smaller than you think. In any case, we did plenty of actual testing of this, not just theorycrafting.

Well my main shm went from around 24k hps to 13k hps in the heph machine, my other shm's in hephs lost about 2-3 k hps. Also noticed that their sustain is much worse to now, they definitely lose drain shields when healing in sub space when they did not before. my two hephs died healing when they hadn't before, granted it was just 2 boss's tried. We'll be trying the other boss's but im pretty sure the massive dps that ee22 puts out is going to wreck the healers

These are real stats in real action

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:28 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

crnerblitz wrote:
anilv wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

Well my main shm went from around 24k hps to 13k hps in the heph machine, my other shm's in hephs lost about 2-3 k hps. Also noticed that their sustain is much worse to now, they definitely lose drain shields when healing in sub space when they did not before. my two hephs died healing when they hadn't before, granted it was just 2 boss's tried. We'll be trying the other boss's but im pretty sure the massive dps that ee22 puts out is going to wreck the healers

These are real stats in real action

You may need to reaug your Heph Machines with a different design philosophy. That's why the ships were given free augmenter resets. But with three aug slots and the new augmods you should be able to achieve pretty good results.

Also, if you are predominantly concerned with doing T22 content such as EE 22, I would suggest upgrading to a T22 ship instead of considering HM to be an endgame setup.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:34 pm