Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Team: X_X
Main: Evangelion
Level: 118

Post Re: Details on the February bans aka "the banning post"
Red is such a cool guy why you hating :cry:

Wed May 10, 2017 1:12 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Evangelion wrote:
Red is such a cool guy why you hating :cry:

Oh, well if he's a cool guy then why didn't you just say so! Guys, it's ok for devs to have gear from an exploit as long as they're a cool guy! I must have missed the Cool Guy* waiver on the TOS page, boy do I feel stupid :roll:

Thu May 11, 2017 4:39 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

To be clear, it was not Red that was involved in the exploit on the account (it was someone with access to the account) which is why he has not suffered any consequences as a dev. His account however was used to exploit so the account is currently banned.

Situations like these are why people really need to think twice about sharing an account with someone.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Thu May 11, 2017 6:42 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

SI wrote:
Situations like these are why people really need to think twice about sharing an account with someone.

K so why no ban then?

If I find exploitable bug, I can fake ip myself and pretend it is someone else using my account. Brb creating new acc with new identity so story would sound more legit.

Thu May 11, 2017 10:11 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

devs should be agreeing to no acount sharing as part of their NDA it leaves them open to blackmail

Thu May 11, 2017 10:13 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Antilzah wrote:
SI wrote:

K so why no ban then?

If I find exploitable bug, I can fake ip myself and pretend it is someone else using my account. Brb creating new acc with new identity so story would sound more legit.

Well evidently Red's account is banned, at least going by what SI just wrote. I didn't have this information myself.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu May 11, 2017 11:25 am
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Antilzah wrote:
SI wrote:
His account however was used to exploit so the account is currently banned.

K so why no ban then?

This should help.

Thu May 11, 2017 11:52 am
Team: Relentless Community
Main: SinsOfOurFathers
Level: 6063

SS has turned to such shit. Jeff is a punk who is pushed around by his free devs who play the game. Back in the day a ban was a ban. People were banned for alot less then pumping out trillions. People were perm banned when they first let you cap wild slaves and you could toss the gear off it from the remote inv menu. Tons of people in the past have been perm banned from someone else using their accounts look at fruit and fly. One exploited the other did not yet both got accounts banned. People were banned back in the day for abusing buy/sale prices on player bases. It was not even a game exploit it was the owners ignorance.

Jeff your game is F***ed because you ruined it. Even after steam these crappy decisions you are making will haunt your game forever. Wipe your game Full reset and get some fresh players and get rid of all these power hungry worthless ones who object to it so they can keep their exploited accounts if not Set Sail For Fail Jeff. Except darksteel assuming he's the one i used to know he's ok.

PS: You might want to be carefull since your being all nice about the bans since imper protection was used by the slumbers back in the day and some were obtained from them years ago and you just did not care then to remove them. A few accounts probably still had some i know goett did.

Sat May 13, 2017 8:41 am
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

Dragontvb wrote:
SS has turned to such shit. Jeff is a punk who is pushed around by his free devs who play the game. Back in the day a ban was a ban. People were banned for alot less then pumping out trillions. People were perm banned when they first let you cap wild slaves and you could toss the gear off it from the remote inv menu. Tons of people in the past have been perm banned from someone else using their accounts look at fruit and fly. One exploited the other did not yet both got accounts banned. People were banned back in the day for abusing buy/sale prices on player bases. It was not even a game exploit it was the owners ignorance.

Jeff your game is F***ed because you ruined it. Even after steam these crappy decisions you are making will haunt your game forever. Wipe your game Full reset and get some fresh players and get rid of all these power hungry worthless ones who object to it so they can keep their exploited accounts if not Set Sail For Fail Jeff. Except darksteel assuming he's the one i used to know he's ok.

PS: You might want to be carefull since your being all nice about the bans since imper protection was used by the slumbers back in the day and some were obtained from them years ago and you just did not care then to remove them. A few accounts probably still had some i know goett did.

The game is shit full stop, im just here to laugh at Reds account getting wiped rofl

Sat May 27, 2017 9:39 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4