Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
lrellok wrote:
anilv wrote:
FYI the dev team's current design philosophy regarding critical hits is that it should not be commonplace for setups to approach 100% critical chance. The stat has suffered a lot of inflation due to being placed in large values on augmenters and its introduction on the Super Intelligent modification. Consequently, we were seeing many DPS setups approach 100% crit chance. Critical hits were always intended to be relatively rare and powerful, not commonplace and mediocre.

Are you open to considering an alternative philosophy, say that Crit should be a tradeoff, like ROF and Damage currently are? Where you either have a ton of Cstr and no Cper, or near full Cper, and no Cstr.

The crit tradeoff works a little differently because, unlike damage and firing, the two crit stats are directly multiplied together. Having zero rof bonus doesn't make you do zero damage, but having zero crit chance invalidates any amount of crit strength. I'm informing you of this because I am not sure what else to say to this question. You can already tune your setup to focus on crit chance or on crit strength (for example, using Cunning of Hermes augmenter).

Also, i would like to disagree with you on the reaver, that is one of the worst augs in the game to get. Its power was compensated by the mission chain involved to get it. Enk, you have a very bad habit of looking at power alone and ignoring requirements. Nerfing the Reaver because it is to powerful is like nerfing the Elephant because it is more powerful then the Big Roswell.

I don't agree with your assessment of the difficulty of obtaining this augmenter. Maybe it's hard for a T19 player, but it's a joke for a T22 player and we were having T22 players using this aug. Even as a T20 Speed Demon I had absolutely no difficulty obtaining it. In any case, even if it WERE unreasonably difficult to obtain, that would still be no justification for it being overpowered even three techs above its own.
It might be a justification for nerfing the difficult of obtainment, but again I don't agree with your assessment of that difficulty.

Third, will there be a crit Percent boost mod in the new mod system?
Yes.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:55 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

lrellok wrote:
anilv wrote:
FYI the dev team's current design philosophy regarding critical hits is that it should not be commonplace for setups to approach 100% critical chance. The stat has suffered a lot of inflation due to being placed in large values on augmenters and its introduction on the Super Intelligent modification. Consequently, we were seeing many DPS setups approach 100% crit chance. Critical hits were always intended to be relatively rare and powerful, not commonplace and mediocre.

Are you open to considering an alternative philosophy, say that Crit should be a tradeoff, like ROF and Damage currently are? Where you either have a ton of Cstr and no Cper, or near full Cper, and no Cstr.

Also, i would like to disagree with you on the reaver, that is one of the worst augs in the game to get. Its power was compensated by the mission chain involved to get it. Enk, you have a very bad habit of looking at power alone and ignoring requirements. Nerfing the Reaver because it is to powerful is like nerfing the Elephant because it is more powerful then the Big Roswell.

Third, will there be a crit Percent boost mod in the new mod system?

Reaver aug is literally one of the easiest augs in the game to get. As f2p or p2p. I farm the kills on my scout ship with a missile launcher when teammates need them, because the EF ships and trader ships you kill to get them can't outrange a missile launcher...

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:03 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

ShawnMcCall wrote:

Reaver aug is literally one of the easiest augs in the game to get. As f2p or p2p. I farm the kills on my scout ship with a missile launcher when teammates need them, because the EF ships and trader ships you kill to get them can't outrange a missile launcher...

And the last time you did that was? Cause the last time i fought a EF ship, it spammed missiles at me till i died.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:07 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Rend tries to facetank them with a not so durable zerk.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:02 pm

lrellok wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

And the last time you did that was? Cause the last time i fought a EF ship, it spammed missiles at me till i died.

Like a fucking month ago.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:12 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

ShawnMcCall wrote:

And you jammed the AP missiles how?

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:17 am

lrellok wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

And you jammed the AP missiles how?

They're slow as shit, and you have a cloak and engine, dodge them, or just wait for your vis to get down, you're invisible long before they make the 2k trip out to you.

I get that you mean well and everything, but seriously you're clearly not very good at this game, so you probably shouldn't be asking for difficulty to obtain to be balanced around your personal experience.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:05 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

Quote:
* Paxian Battle Frigate has had its Shield and Energy augmods reduced to 200% each.

oh

well

guess i wont be resubbing at uni reset

i didn't think the devs were that retarded

damn I was really looking forward to resubbing at uni reset and now I don't give a shit

:(

Why was this nerfed so retardedly hard? what for? a third augmenter?

PBFs were still mediocre in comparison to Mastodons. I don't understand. You've basically just ruined a ship. And you doubled its hullspace? You basically just added a new, shit ship, and deleted a useful one. What for?

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:21 pm
over 9000!

The PBF shield and energy are cut roughly in half by the nerf. Do you consider this ruined?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:52 pm

anilv wrote:
The PBF shield and energy are cut roughly in half by the nerf. Do you consider this ruined?

lmfao

yes

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:57 pm
over 9000!

cej1120con wrote:
anilv wrote:

lmfao

yes

Sorry, the ship was never meant to be so tanky. It's supposed to be a lightly armored frigate. Jeff was actually shocked to learn that its shield and energy bonuses were higher than pretty much any other capship.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:02 pm

anilv wrote:
cej1120con wrote:
anilv wrote:

lmfao

yes

Sorry, the ship was never meant to be so tanky. It's supposed to be a lightly armored frigate. Jeff was actually shocked to learn that its shield and energy bonuses were higher than pretty much any other capship.

I never thought it to be tanky at all. It already had very weak resistances which countered its slightly higher bank. The shields on mine may have had big bank but they were still taken out fairly quickly.

Also, the loss of that energy bank also is a major contributor to this ship being ruined.

I don't really care what an item was "meant" or "supposed" to be. I don't understand how a game developer could expect an item they put in a game to always be exactly what they wanted it to, that's a bit arrogant, don't you think?

You put things in game and it might turn out something close to what you want, but things can and will take on a life of their own and players often may use things in ways you didn't expect.

For example: The PBF's stats are now supposed to be a "lightly armored frigate" but what players are really going to use them as is a piece of "toilet paper".

It's not worth the EFDN and Pax Astro required to build the damn thing now

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:14 pm
over 9000!

So if we reverted the Energy bank reduction that would be OK?

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:17 pm
Main: uss brown
Level: 7967

cej1120con wrote:
anilv wrote:

lmfao

yes

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:23 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

The PBF now have the issue that SDs have, which is inability to have defense without straight absorbing damage. SDs have *some* defense in the way that they have mobility, but SDs are still relatively fragile. Anyone using the PBF will essentially be a big SD but if not actually SD class, lack Evasion.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:35 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next