Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
was jeff shocked that every other slave was a piece of shit

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:20 am
Profile WWW
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

sabre198 wrote:
was jeff shocked that every other slave was a piece of shit

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:37 am

Tomzta09 wrote:
Considering how fundamentally weak the PBF was in resists, the high shield and energybank bonus didn't make much of a difference as you all think...

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:37 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Oya
Level: 3394

cej1120con wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
Considering how fundamentally weak the PBF was in resists, the high shield and energybank bonus didn't make much of a difference as you all think...

If it didn't make much of a difference then why is this entire thread covered in your tears

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:50 am

phillyfan83 wrote:
cej1120con wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:

If it didn't make much of a difference then why is this entire thread covered in your tears

?????

what? Do you competently understand the context of the thread or issue at hand?

Several devs are claiming that the PBF had too high shield and energybank bonuses. Daedalus is saying that the resists are so weak, that the big shield bank doesn't make it as OP as the devs are claiming it does.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:19 am

Don't feed kane

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:59 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
Don't feed kane

why, was that kane? I noticed his character was Fry on team Traders but he changed the main at some point right after posting.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:12 am

My Kane detector kicked in, bad comprehension, bad logic, posts one drive-by troll post and will never back it up... kaney to me :lol:

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

phillyfan83 wrote:
cej1120con wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:

Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:56 pm

No difference to gunners, loads to fc's.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

What are you all trying to do with the PBF? Use it to launch Fighters? If that's what you're trying to do, it's a 3 augmenter Frigate! It has to have drawbacks because of the awesome potential of the 3rd augmenter slot. If you want to use fighters use a ship that has bigger inbuilt energy bank stats.

If you're not using it to launch fighters, you have to give SOMETHING up in exchange for the augmenter slot. Mathematically that slot is worth a LOT.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:12 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
What are you all trying to do with the PBF?
Use it to launch Fighters? If that's what you're trying to do, it's a 3 augmenter Frigate! It has to have drawbacks because of the awesome potential of the 3rd augmenter slot. If you want to use fighters use a ship that has bigger inbuilt energy bank stats.

If you're not using it to launch fighters, you have to give SOMETHING up in exchange for the augmenter slot. Mathematically that slot is worth a LOT.

Commented on this here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63220&p=766673#p766673

A 3 aug T20 ship would lose to a 2 aug T21+ ship, or you're doing something wrong.

Do any devs play as an FC that uses PBFs? or play as an FC at all, other than Jey? Or did someone on Traders get PvPed by a gunner in a PBF and now it has to be nerfed?

2/16/2011 why are you nerfing a 6 year old ship?

Also, why is the Battle Sphere getting nerfed too? How the hell was that suddenly OP after so many years in game?

Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:37 pm
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

cej1120con wrote:
Also, why is the Battle Sphere getting nerfed too? How the hell was that suddenly OP after so many years in game?

Because after the nerf to prawns/elec beams, snipers went to crap except for those who had super fine tuned gear and maxed imp skills. This, in turn, created a vacuum, one that players tried to fill, one of the things that players tried was the Battlesphere. No one used Battlesphere extensively until the sniper nerfs for the most part (not saying that no one used it, of course, people used it, just not as much as they did in recent unis). However, as soon as it started seeing extensive use and everyone had time to find the best setups you had Battlespheres outputting massive amounts of DPS. The devs naturally couldn't allow this, and proceeded to give it two major nerfs: 1) tripling it's size and 2) preventing it from being able to use sing brakes (granted this was done for all hull classes barring industrial freighter). The size nerf made it a much bigger target, but players were still doing loads of DPS, most notably Sam's super Battlesphere with which he could do something like 100k dps with RPADs. So that leads us to the most recent nerfs, the removal of an augmenter to counteract the exorbitant DPS (although they do plan to add a nice superitem to it from what I hear).

tl;dr devs like nerfing stuff

~ Chrono

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:18 pm
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

DarkSteel wrote:
The AoC augs had everything a FC would ever want: Shields, Energy, Energy Regen, (Thrust), Capacity, (Radar), Resists, Speed and Tractor power. This resulted in FCs simply stacking 2 of these and they'd be able to fulfil any role any FC would ever have, which we don't like.

Dude, there is no other role for an FC. What do you mean you are worried 2 augs would make them fill every role? There is no FC dps setup, no FC crit setup, no FC hostility setup, no FC regen setup. The augs for these dont even exist, let alone the game mechanics. Every FC has only 1 setup to be useful: FC tank setup. Even an FC tractor setup isnt actually a real thing. An FC can try and swap one of their tank augs out for a tractor one, but they will always be inferior by far to an engi that isnt even augged for tractoring.

DarkSteel wrote:
We want to encourage customization to fulfil the role that you aug for. With the stats on these augs every FC was basically the same.

What are you talking about? :/ If you solo u are a tank, if you group play u amp a lot and just need to make sure to stay alive, hence a tank. What are these other mythical FC roles I have yet to experience in my 7 years as playing as an FC? Dont tell me you think MF'ing emp rays on a heavy fighter as FC is a real thing? Customization for roles based on augs for FCs happens only at the SLAVE LEVEL. Anyone who plays an FC understand this and I am a bit surprised to hear you all saying otherwise.

If you had augs that gave things like offensive fighter ops, defensive fighter ops, slave ops of various sorts, maybe aura boosting augs, FC based hostility augs, etc, then I would get what you are saying 100%. You would want augs which didnt give all of those roles, but forced you to chose. BUTTTT... none of these exist. If you are an FC today you only have 1 viable role for your main ship: tank. Given this, the logic for removing tractor makes no sense. You want to encourage alternate setups to tank which the augs and game mechanics for dont even exist?

Last edited by dreadlordnaf on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:29 pm
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

Dreadlord is correct, let's be real this is getting closer to the needs of a "rework" of what FC's supposed to be.

Also customization is useless if it's not "good" thats the important part about customization or adding options for players to use, remember the single fire bot buffs even after the mf bot nerf? it turns out players reject diversity when the options presented are rubbish.

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:15 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next