Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
Member
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: uss brown
Level: 4428

Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:12 pm
Posts: 116
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
sabre198 wrote:
so what will become the third best gunner ship now after all this wrangling?


Obviously the EFDN will be the next super new OP ship that admins are gonna go after for being third best.

_________________
50% nerfs =/= ruined
It's not the new augs fault, must be the 10 year old ships fault!


Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:35 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Peon
Main: Maxathron
Level: 2091

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 5773
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
No. They're not going after it for third best. They're going after EFDN because there are no devs on RE to stop them. The EFDN is a very op anti-dev ship. It repels them, so they must get rid of it.


Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:28 am
Profile
Team: Deep Space Federation
Rank: Operator
Main: iwnh011
Level: 1217

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:07 pm
Posts: 164
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
Max235 wrote:
Buying Johnston V2's PBF slaves for 2b each. That's the credit cost to build them.

Isn't that a bit like asking to buy a car for the value of the raw materials?


Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:34 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Peon
Main: Maxathron
Level: 2091

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 5773
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
iwnh01 wrote:
Max235 wrote:
Buying Johnston V2's PBF slaves for 2b each. That's the credit cost to build them.

Isn't that a bit like asking to buy a car for the value of the raw materials?


Yes. To put in perspective of RL, faced with the prospect that the Ford F-150 will not be an internal combustion gasoline engine vehicle anymore, Johnston has decided to commit suicide. The newest model of F-150 is an internal combustion *hydrogen* engine vehicle. Currently, he's a ghost looking down on the world and being all dramatic about his beloved gasoline engine and how even if Ford made a new gas engine vehicle for him, it's too late. Ford is tainted by the hydrogen, drama dramatic drama.

So he's staying dead.

Me? Well, I can use a fancy hydrogen vehicle. And if he wants to be dramatic about the loss of his car when Ford updates the model...it would be a waste not to have someone use it.

In response to my offer, John went even more dramatic and retarded. He already unsubbed and is not coming back, because the nerf ruined his will to play. Even if the admins reinstated the PBF back to "original" stats, he lost the will to play from the original nerf. His account has not expired, just unsubbed. When it expires, he won't be back.

So I was offering the cost of the PBFs to minimize my loss (when his account expires, everything on it is gone forever because he's not coming back) and continue the usefulness of the PBFs.

Johnston's temper tantrum about the PBF offer basically equates to an old man in his dying breath not giving away his fortune to charity...but rather buying millions of dollars worth of food and on live national television letting it rot away just so the needy hungry people of the world can't have it.


Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:30 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 1665

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 pm
Posts: 3887
Location: ur mums a ram
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
Max235 wrote:
iwnh01 wrote:
Max235 wrote:
Buying Johnston V2's PBF slaves for 2b each. That's the credit cost to build them.

Isn't that a bit like asking to buy a car for the value of the raw materials?


Yes. To put in perspective of RL, faced with the prospect that the Ford F-150 will not be an internal combustion gasoline engine vehicle anymore, Johnston has decided to commit suicide. The newest model of F-150 is an internal combustion *hydrogen* engine vehicle. Currently, he's a ghost looking down on the world and being all dramatic about his beloved gasoline engine and how even if Ford made a new gas engine vehicle for him, it's too late. Ford is tainted by the hydrogen, drama dramatic drama.

So he's staying dead.

Me? Well, I can use a fancy hydrogen vehicle. And if he wants to be dramatic about the loss of his car when Ford updates the model...it would be a waste not to have someone use it.

In response to my offer, John went even more dramatic and retarded. He already unsubbed and is not coming back, because the nerf ruined his will to play. Even if the admins reinstated the PBF back to "original" stats, he lost the will to play from the original nerf. His account has not expired, just unsubbed. When it expires, he won't be back.

So I was offering the cost of the PBFs to minimize my loss (when his account expires, everything on it is gone forever because he's not coming back) and continue the usefulness of the PBFs.

Johnston's temper tantrum about the PBF offer basically equates to an old man in his dying breath not giving away his fortune to charity...but rather buying millions of dollars worth of food and on live national television letting it rot away just so the needy hungry people of the world can't have it.



wait, wouldn't your analogy be better if the new model of the Ford F-150 was a gasoline engine and the old model was the hydrogen fuel based vehicle?

_________________
Image
ImageImage

Image

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.


Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:02 am
Profile
Team: Deep Space Federation
Rank: Operator
Main: iwnh011
Level: 1217

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:07 pm
Posts: 164
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
Max235 wrote:
iwnh01 wrote:
Max235 wrote:
Buying Johnston V2's PBF slaves for 2b each. That's the credit cost to build them.

Isn't that a bit like asking to buy a car for the value of the raw materials?


Yes. To put in perspective of RL, faced with the prospect that the Ford F-150 will not be an internal combustion gasoline engine vehicle anymore, Johnston has decided to commit suicide. The newest model of F-150 is an internal combustion *hydrogen* engine vehicle. Currently, he's a ghost looking down on the world and being all dramatic about his beloved gasoline engine and how even if Ford made a new gas engine vehicle for him, it's too late. Ford is tainted by the hydrogen, drama dramatic drama.

So he's staying dead.

Me? Well, I can use a fancy hydrogen vehicle. And if he wants to be dramatic about the loss of his car when Ford updates the model...it would be a waste not to have someone use it.

In response to my offer, John went even more dramatic and retarded. He already unsubbed and is not coming back, because the nerf ruined his will to play. Even if the admins reinstated the PBF back to "original" stats, he lost the will to play from the original nerf. His account has not expired, just unsubbed. When it expires, he won't be back.

So I was offering the cost of the PBFs to minimize my loss (when his account expires, everything on it is gone forever because he's not coming back) and continue the usefulness of the PBFs.

Johnston's temper tantrum about the PBF offer basically equates to an old man in his dying breath not giving away his fortune to charity...but rather buying millions of dollars worth of food and on live national television letting it rot away just so the needy hungry people of the world can't have it.


Why would he want the 2B then? Also, wouldn't all the rotting food be distributed through his estate?


Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:28 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Peon
Main: Maxathron
Level: 2091

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 5773
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
No, it wouldn't. In this case his purchase of the food is to put them on tables out in the desert/wilderness so he can timelapse their decay.

It matters not, though. I have the income to go to other people and get PBFs. He's just being a whiny temper tantrum throwing child and I was responding in kind.


Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:39 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 1665

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 pm
Posts: 3887
Location: ur mums a ram
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
this seems like a bad analogy ngl

_________________
Image
ImageImage

Image

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.


Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:19 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Peon
Main: Maxathron
Level: 2091

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 5773
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
Could be good, could be bad. The point was that since you're leaving regardless..unless the dev team massively buff the PBF above the original point (which they won't do because that's like giving the Prawn 5 augs), that any credits used to buy your PBFs will ultimately be wasted. That money is not going into the economy period, because the account won't be resubbed. You might as well give them away for free, and let me give the 30b to a Fuzz. It would be the same overall loss.

Which is why I made the analogy of the old rich guy buying food just to let it all go bad because it means that food cannot go to someone's meal. Though in this case the old man already has the food, sees the starving people outside, and smile as his final action lets the food go bad. It's certainly not against the law, though it is in bad taste to do so in any part of the world.

Luckily, just like the man, you aren't sticking around to do that again. Ta ta.


Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:28 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 1665

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 pm
Posts: 3887
Location: ur mums a ram
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
you're acting as if I'd be the first person to ever quit because their ships or setups are no longer useful or valid, and I'd be the only person to have ever wasted assets because they're on an unsubbed account.

_________________
Image
ImageImage

Image

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.


Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:22 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Commonwealth
Rank: Soldier
Main: Count Daedalus
Level: 9244

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:57 pm
Posts: 4727
Location: Kuratovo, Russia
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
MasterTrader wrote:
phillyfan83 wrote:
Tomzta09 wrote:
Considering how fundamentally weak the PBF was in resists, the high shield and energybank bonus didn't make much of a difference as you all think...


If it didn't make much of a difference then why is this entire thread covered in your tears


:lol: And this is when you can tell you haven't got anything more to contribute to this thread, when you resort to insults and irrelevant, meaningless comments like that. If there was a non-autistic braincell between the two of you, you'd know that this change does not affect me in the slightest. I don't own a PBF. I've never owned one. I'm simply observing from the point of view of players who do own PBFs & I'm explaining to you exactly why this was such a pointless and unneeded change like 75% of the changes that have been rammed into this game over the past year, not that you would notice because you spend more time
responding to criticism in pretty much the way you both did above.

_________________
Image

Image

Image
Image


Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:20 am
Profile
Main: Curse
Level: 3891

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 pm
Posts: 54
Location: London - United Kingdom
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
Tomzta09 wrote:
:lol: And this is when you can tell you haven't got anything more to contribute to this thread, when you resort to insults and irrelevant, meaningless comments like that. If there was a non-autistic braincell between the two of you, you'd know that this change does not affect me in the slightest. I don't own a PBF. I've never owned one. I'm simply observing from the point of view of players who do own PBFs & I'm explaining to you exactly why this was such a pointless and unneeded change like 75% of the changes that have been rammed into this game over the past year, not that you would notice because you spend more time
responding to criticism in pretty much the way you both did above.


Hober you got destroyed son


Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:15 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 1665

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 pm
Posts: 3887
Location: ur mums a ram
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
This patch nerfing PBFs and the Battle Sphere is still one of the biggest bullshit patches to the game in the 8 years I've played.

Retarded as fuck

_________________
Image
ImageImage

Image

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.


Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:40 am
Profile
Main: Curse
Level: 3891

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 pm
Posts: 54
Location: London - United Kingdom
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
Prawn HM and MF*


Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:25 am
Profile
Team: The Great Armada
Rank: Councilor
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:31 am
Posts: 861
Post Re: Server / Client Patch 07.09.2017
cej1120con wrote:
Max235 wrote:
Costs exactly 1,415,702,500 credits to build a Paxian Battle Frigate.


Alright you want to be a retard, let's be a retard.



1,000,000 Metals @ 50 Credits each at an AI base = 50m
200,000,000 Metals @ 50 Credits each at an AI base = 10b
1,000,000 Silicon @ 30 Credits each at an AI base = 30m
1,000,000 Baobabs @ 400 Credits each at an AI base = 400m
1,000,000 Microchips @ 100 Credits each at an AI base = 100m
10,000 Personal Computers @ 4000 Credits each on the market = 40m
1,000 Fembots @ 300k Credits each on the market = 300m
10,000 Peasants @ 400 Credits each at an AI base = 4m
200,000,000 Credits = 200m
2 Complicated Factory Parts - Since you get these back I'll just call these 0

Oh would you look at that, 11.124bil commodity cost.
According to the market, the effort cost to obtain a PBF BP is worth about 14.5bil.

Well now we're at 25.624bil.

1 Earthforce Dreadnought
Retailed on /mc at 2.4bil. We can take that as a working pricetag.

We're now at 28.024bil.

1 Pax Astronomica
Not on the market. Sad! Tell you what, this costs 800mil to make in raw credits. The Astronomica Boomerangs are valued at 100mil on the market. I'm going to round down and say the cost to get the rest of its commodities is just 100m too (it's probably more).


Okay, so, my final tally to build a PBF is 29.024bil.
I wonder what someone would sell it for, then?
Image


I take offense at those numbers. If you buy AI base metals for a large build like that you are simply a froob. There's no getting over it.

[math]
Assuming Earthforce Space(the worst place to build stuff) you get on average 5 metal extractor slots for free on any body that can have metals. Using those costs you rations, which gives you more than 10 metals per credit at least, which is basically 0 cost.
But let's say you are limited on base slots and do some terraforming. Deep Core Mining done at the start of a universe gives you around 16m extra metals throughout the uni, assuming a tech 9 base(the absolute minimum).
The actual cost of a deep core mining is around 170 mils, which makes the price of metals gained this way something like 10 credits.
Since you gain just as much for free, the average price is around 5 credits per metal.
But let's say you REALLY REALLY hate spamming bases and decide to do the next level of terraforming. You know it's awfully expensive and your soul will go to hell for it, but you decide to do it anyway.
In that case you will spend a whopping 730 mils per Deeper Core Mining, which gives you just as much extra metals as the previous level. The metals from this new source will be priced at 44 credits each, which brings your average cost to 19 credits per metal.
Assuming this ridiculous level of terraforming, an Earthforce Dreadnought costs around 2.1B.
[/math]

I won't even get into the rest of your numbers since you started with the ridiculous assumption that a production base buys all materials from AI-bases or /mc.

/shakes head


Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:14 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.