Post Weekly Dev Blog - 19th July
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/blog/weekly-d ... 19th-july/

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:02 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Post Re: Weekly Dev Blog - 19th July
Quote:
In recent events, Hober Mallow has learned how to buff stuff. With this revelation he has buffed the strength of the Aveksaka exponentially to increase the difficulty of Subspace.

So it's not really a buff. As it is a nerf to players. :P

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:26 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Quote:
This is only days away now, remember to pack your bases and permanent drones before they are deleted! All characters, ships, bots, and skills will be unaffected by the reset. Fortunately, the newfound power of the Aveksaka will be lost in the collapse of our universe.

You still don't mention anything to players that any credits left on their trading/combat slaves will disappear after the reset. I lost 400B-600B last universe because of this.

I don't want to see it happen to others.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Fyuryus wrote:
You still don't mention anything to players that any credits left on their trading/combat slaves will disappear after the reset. I lost 400B-600B last universe because of this.

Credit sinks 8-)

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:12 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Updated the blog a little down the bottom. :P

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:36 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Slx
Level: 2336

Fyuryus wrote:
Quote:
This is only days away now, remember to pack your bases and permanent drones before they are deleted! All characters, ships, bots, and skills will be unaffected by the reset. Fortunately, the newfound power of the Aveksaka will be lost in the collapse of our universe.

I don't want to see it happen to others.

Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't realise either so was just about to become a victim. >_>

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:32 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

why dont you dock your slaves at reset?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:03 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:

effort

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:50 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Antilzah wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

effort

Pretty much that^
I didn't really feel like playing Star Sonata for weeks so I told myself "Eh, let the industrial commodity slaves keep running and the credits build up."

Then it became "Eh, i can't be bothered to log in for the reset, i'll just take the money off of my IC slaves after the reset when I feel like playing again"

Eventually, after the reset, when I did want to play again and I checked on my slaves they all had 0 credits. I had lost it all.

Of course this mechanic in the game is NEVER told to players in any of the resets announcements, no blog posts, it is talked about nowhere. When i made a support ticket I was simply told:

"Im sorry but this is not a bug, it's working as intended so I cant recover any of the credits."

Obviously, if this mechanic was actually communicated to the player base I would have not done what I did and instead docked my slaves. But we pay the price for the admins poor communication skills and it gets called a "feature" [/rant]

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:57 pm
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

SunDog60 wrote:
Changes to base radiation field items, that will affect enemy ships resistances as they get closer to your bases.

Interesting. Can you clarify, does it only affect ships? What about enemy bases as they get closer?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:20 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Fyuryus wrote:
Antilzah wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

effort

Pretty much that^
I didn't really feel like playing Star Sonata for weeks so I told myself "Eh, let the industrial commodity slaves keep running and the credits build up."

Then it became "Eh, i can't be bothered to log in for the reset, i'll just take the money off of my IC slaves after the reset when I feel like playing again"

Eventually, after the reset, when I did want to play again and I checked on my slaves they all had 0 credits. I had lost it all.

Of course this mechanic in the game is NEVER told to players in any of the resets announcements, no blog posts, it is talked about nowhere. When i made a support ticket I was simply told:

"Im sorry but this is not a bug, it's working as intended so I cant recover any of the credits."

Obviously, if this mechanic was actually communicated to the player base I would have not done what I did and instead docked my slaves. But we pay the price for the admins poor communication skills and it gets called a "feature" [/rant]

Tbh I didn't even know this was a thing. Then again I dock my stuff every uni reset.. :roll:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:09 pm
Main: Emperor Fatman
Level: 4030

Two questions on the Press Corps thing:

1) To know if this is something we would be interested and able to do, how often do the meetings which would need to be covered occur? And how long and what time do they usually occur?

2) You equated the Press Corps to a public comment period, which would be great in my mind. An official way for the public (in this case the SS community) to give you more formal feedback on certain ideas or concepts you are proposing before they go final, to ensure you've really thought about all the angles and ramifications of such proposals.

So while that is a great idea in and itself, the rest of the description doesnt read that way at all for the role. The rest of the info makes the role seems more passive, basically helping to disseminate dev thoughts in a more organized manner, vs a public comment period which is more about providing public thoughts (in this case the SS community) to the devs in a more organized manner. Can you clarify which is the role you expect the Press Corps member to play?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:02 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

dreadlordnaf1 wrote:

1) To know if this is something we would be interested and able to do, how often do the meetings which would need to be covered occur? And how long and what time do they usually occur?

2) You equated the Press Corps to a public comment period, which would be great in my mind. An official way for the public (in this case the SS community) to give you more formal feedback on certain ideas or concepts you are proposing before they go final, to ensure you've really thought about all the angles and ramifications of such proposals.

So while that is a great idea in and itself, the rest of the description doesnt read that way at all for the role. The rest of the info makes the role seems more passive, basically helping to disseminate dev thoughts in a more organized manner, vs a public comment period which is more about providing public thoughts (in this case the SS community) to the devs in a more organized manner. Can you clarify which is the role you expect the Press Corps member to play?

Thanks for the questions. The meeting takes place every Tuesday at 5:30 PM Eastern time. It typically runs about two hours. The role is a bit of a hybrid because we have several shortcomings to address. The upshot is that the press corps will act as a conduit between the community and the dev team. On the one hand, you will be able to give voice to community concerns during the meeting. This is important. Equally important, however, is for the community to receive unbiased information on the activities of the dev team. As non-dev players, the press corps will be a trusted source of information on such questions as:

"Is the dev team being run by a few powerful player-devs?" (no)

"Does Jeff do anything?" (yes)

and variations on these that have been asked many times over the years.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:39 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

dreadlordnaf wrote:
SunDog60 wrote:
Changes to base radiation field items, that will affect enemy ships resistances as they get closer to your bases.

Interesting. Can you clarify, does it only affect ships? What about enemy bases as they get closer?

It only affects ships, not bases.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:40 pm
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

anilv wrote:
dreadlordnaf1 wrote:

Thanks for the questions. The meeting takes place every Tuesday at 5:30 PM Eastern time. It typically runs about two hours. The role is a bit of a hybrid because we have several shortcomings to address. The upshot is that the press corps will act as a conduit between the community and the dev team. On the one hand, you will be able to give voice to community concerns during the meeting. This is important. Equally important, however, is for the community to receive unbiased information on the activities of the dev team. As non-dev players, the press corps will be a trusted source of information on such questions as:

"Is the dev team being run by a few powerful player-devs?" (no)

"Does Jeff do anything?" (yes)

and variations on these that have been asked many times over the years.

This sounds like a great idea then, and long overdue. The time the meetings occur conflict with my own offline work but hope some people sign up for this.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:23 am