Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:37 am
Posts: 401
Post Changes to Permanent Drones
Discussion topic for post: http://www.starsonata.com/announcements ... nt-drones/


Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:47 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Maxathron
Level: 2329

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 5776
Post Re: Changes to Permanent Drones
Are the Platform Augmentation Alpha/Beta/Gamma augs classified as base augs?


Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:47 pm
Profile
Contributor
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Soldier
Main: DarkSteel
Level: 3983

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:35 am
Posts: 2068
Location: Netherlands
Post Re: Changes to Permanent Drones
Max235 wrote:
Are the Platform Augmentation Alpha/Beta/Gamma augs classified as base augs?


They will be next patch. Good catch though :)

_________________
~DarkSteel / Auxilium
Image
Image

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/


Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:57 pm
Profile
Team: Traders
Rank: Councilor
Main: Horacio
Level: 4671

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:58 pm
Posts: 64
Location: England
Post Re: Changes to Permanent Drones
Why is the range on the andaman drones nerfed?

_________________
Old Player, formally known as Nathaniel Lightning

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan


Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:11 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Maxathron
Level: 2329

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 5776
Post Re: Changes to Permanent Drones
DarkSteel wrote:
Max235 wrote:
Are the Platform Augmentation Alpha/Beta/Gamma augs classified as base augs?


They will be next patch. Good catch though :)


Will they have the -95% Capacity removed? I'm now seeing the situation of a noob accidentally equipping one to a base and freaking the fuck out as the whole place overhulls.


Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:17 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Councilor
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 5336

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:33 am
Posts: 669
Post Re: Changes to Permanent Drones
yclepticon wrote:
The upshot is that healer permanent drones have had their HPS output nerfed by about 50%, down to around 23,000 for endgame variants.


While I admit that the official definition of "upshot" does in fact mean the outcome or conclusion of something, I feel like conversationally it has morphed over the years to mainly be used for events with a positive outcome, almost as if it's a synonym of "upside", of which a nerf is not.

For example I might say to someone: "The upshot is that we all won," or "The upshot is I now have a new car." I would not say to someone though: "The upshot is everyone died," or: "The upshot is we lost everything we had."

I'm not really sure what my point is but I just wanted to get that off my chest.


Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:12 pm
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5593

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11078
Post Re: Changes to Permanent Drones
dreadlordnaf wrote:
yclepticon wrote:
The upshot is that healer permanent drones have had their HPS output nerfed by about 50%, down to around 23,000 for endgame variants.


While I admit that the official definition of "upshot" does in fact mean the outcome or conclusion of something, I feel like conversationally it has morphed over the years to mainly be used for events with a positive outcome, almost as if it's a synonym of "upside", of which a nerf is not.

For example I might say to someone: "The upshot is that we all won," or "The upshot is I now have a new car." I would not say to someone though: "The upshot is everyone died," or: "The upshot is we lost everything we had."

I'm not really sure what my point is but I just wanted to get that off my chest.


I'm a mathematician. When we say upshot we mean upshot, nothing less and nothing more.

_________________
Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features


Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:57 pm
Profile
Contributor
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Soldier
Main: DarkSteel
Level: 3983

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:35 am
Posts: 2068
Location: Netherlands
Post Re: Changes to Permanent Drones
Max235 wrote:
DarkSteel wrote:
Max235 wrote:
Are the Platform Augmentation Alpha/Beta/Gamma augs classified as base augs?


They will be next patch. Good catch though :)


Will they have the -95% Capacity removed? I'm now seeing the situation of a noob accidentally equipping one to a base and freaking the fuck out as the whole place overhulls.


No as people aren't meant to use the augs on bases. If someone accidentally equips one on a base they can simply destroy it and all will be good in the world.

_________________
~DarkSteel / Auxilium
Image
Image

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/


Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:27 am
Profile
Contributor
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Soldier
Main: DarkSteel
Level: 3983

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:35 am
Posts: 2068
Location: Netherlands
Post Re: Changes to Permanent Drones
NattoKilla wrote:
Why is the range on the andaman drones nerfed?


As stated in the post we want to bring the drones closer to player levels of strength. However, we realize that a stand still asset with around 2000 range can be ineffective fairly quickly so we decided to double that number with a general Aug setup on the drone.

_________________
~DarkSteel / Auxilium
Image
Image

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/


Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:43 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.