Contributor
Main: USSIowa
Level: 1956

Post Quality Assurance Team Rework Discussion
Discussion for this Topic: https://www.starsonata.com/blog/quality ... am-rework/

Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:40 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post Re: Quality Assurance Team Rework Discussion
Ok, i am slightly confused why we are separating the quality role from the developer role. This seems like a bit of a "Perverse Incentive" to skimp of bug testing during development, as you know someone else will have to fix it post launch. If the person who made the Oppsie has to fix it after launch and KNOWS they will have to fix it after launch, it would seem to me that there would be fewer Oppsies in the first place.

Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:47 pm
Main: GodSteel
Level: 3170

Post Re: Quality Assurance Team Rework Discussion
lrellok wrote:
Ok, i am slightly confused why we are separating the quality role from the developer role. This seems like a bit of a "Perverse Incentive" to skimp of bug testing during development, as you know someone else will have to fix it post launch. If the person who made the Oppsie has to fix it after launch and KNOWS they will have to fix it after launch, it would seem to me that there would be fewer Oppsies in the first place.

QA is almost always separated from development.
You can't assume that developers do not test their work though, still there are many bugs that come out in QA or even go unnoticed until end-customer clicks the first thing on live :)

Also, it's not like QA is responsible for fixing bugs. If it's content bug and within their capabilities, why not. Primary role is to locate them and find reproducible scenario though.

Anyway, I'm eagerly waiting to see the changes :)

Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:58 am