Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Should we have team levels for PvP?
Poll ended at Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:28 pm
Yes 46%  46%  [ 22 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 17 ]
Don't know 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Some other idea (specify) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 48

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

In my opinion team's represets or should represent nations like we see nations in the RL world.

Some country attacks another country's member, and the choice is then always wheter to escalate the conflict or deescalate it by diplomacy (or in SS mark people friends)

Seperate note:
Player A from Imp Dom attacks player B on Team Pantalones thus getting Team aggro, and Plaber B aggro. Then l8r player A travels through a Pantalones Galaxy in which Player C has bases. The bases shoots player A, causing Player C to gain team aggro. I think this should be changed. Player C shoudln't IMO get aggro for the attack. The reason (I believe) was to make sure that Player C's bases couldn't attack Player A without Player A being able to attack back. But with the team lvls being implemented in the new PvP system, this would no longer be necesary. Thus no reason for player C to get aggro.
Hope that made a wee bit of sense, otherwise state which is unclear and I will try to explain some more.

EDIT: Of course if Player C attack's with mobile drones or ships weapons team aggro would count of course.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:45 am
Main: Carlos the mackerel
Level: 1492

That's where marking people as 'initiators' and 'victims' in pvp would help... a teams bases would open fire on team enemies who were marked as initiators, ie. those who had attacked their team unprovoked, but not on victims, those who had been attacked by a player on the team and just fought back.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:13 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

Allright, this system will be crap the old pvp system is much better then this.

You wanna know why people complained about it? becuase they were stupid enough to atack any drone they saw should everyone else be to blame for one stupid noob's stupidity?

If people find ways around the pvp system BAN THEM! ISN'T THAT WHY ADMINS HAVE THE ABILITY?

Beleave it our not its not always about the coding sure the old pvp had a cupple bugs but you shouldn't give up on it just becuase you can't find a bug.
The main problem with the old pvp system were the players you ban a cupple of them and i sure you won't see the "exploiting" problem come up again

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:48 am
Profile YIM
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

That's where marking people as 'initiators' and 'victims' in pvp would help... a teams bases would open fire on team enemies who were marked as initiators, ie. those who had attacked their team unprovoked, but not on victims, those who had been attacked by a player on the team and just fought back.

Ive thought about something along the same lines. I still think it would work great WITH the new team LVL.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:42 am
Main: Voom
Level: 1935

The reason why PvP is even a problem is because there are people that find it funny to go around killing random people and bases.

PvP should be aimed more on team wars, you should have to declare war before attacking and doing so would remove all level protection for both teams.
This would prolly need some kind of limit too but it might be a good idea....

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:08 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: JaceGannon
Level: 6017

To attack people lower level than you = (level/5)-(DF/2)

To attack people higher level than you = (levelx2)+(DF/2)

**e.g: A level 500 player in DF130 can attack people level 335 to 1065

<BASES>
The attacker (first person to fire) against someone recieves full aggression from all team bases.

**EXAMPLE: Player A warps into galaxy owned by B's team, with a level 100 base, a level 400 base and a level 1000 base.
If A attacks B, all the bases will return fire.

However, if B attacks A in this galaxy, only bases owned by B or those bases on the team in the level range will support fire.

:? to me that formula seems so basic and i think it will work, with a bit of professional fine-tuning...whats wrong with it?

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:00 pm
Main: Voom
Level: 1935

Shouldnt be just for bases though. Anyone should be able to defend their team mates.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:05 pm

Ok, so how would you apply that to, for example, my formula?

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:07 pm
Team: MAD+
Main: Progenitor
Level: 1105

It sounds to me like the PvP systems are created for whiners. More and more people complain that they are dying losing bases simply because they suck at the game. This is the harsh reality. I say use this new pvp system you are suggesting. Natural selection will weed out the winners, and PLEASE create a new tutorial.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:29 pm

The best solution may be that we need to pick and mix different ideas.

With the Flag PvP...
If you flag to PvP, there is higher level range for attacks (for and against you), drop more cash upon death from PvP (maybe 20%)

If you flag non-PvP, there is a lower level range for attacks (for and against you), drop less cash from death with PvP (10%).

There can be a 24-hour delay between changing your status on PvP.
Completly remove protection in w3, higher range in w2, lower range in w1 and small to 0 range in w0.
=====

The best way to work bases and probably the whole PvP system IMO, would be using the Team Level system, and it would even the score with low-level base alts.
If a low level in a high level team cannot handle it, then it is the teams problem to do their duty as good team-mates and help him manage with better gear, skills etc. or let him go level for a while in a team around his level.

Hmm... :?

Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:14 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next