Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Should we have team levels for PvP?
Poll ended at Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:28 pm
Yes 46%  46%  [ 22 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 17 ]
Don't know 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Some other idea (specify) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 48

Main: Macros
Level: 2799

indeed rifline did that just so we couldnt attack him. since when war kicked in a good number of our chars could hit him.

rifline left us with all his chars cause he didn't want his personal war to end with pants and I think he is out there attacking all sorts of people. He knew that I would not allow that to happen while on our team, so he went out on his own. That was his choice. While we miss him, he made his choice and that is that.

I hear he is still out there attacking people left and right.

Macros

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:55 pm

IAmMe2 wrote:
mejunkie wrote:
Conclusion:
Lvls based on teams is imo the most fair way to fight wars. Maybe It shouldn’t be linked to the highest lvl player on the team, but team lvls is by far the most fair PvP system I can think of.

The problem it is impossible unedr the current pvp foundation to have a solution that will be fair... Not even remotely close to fair... Either way, some group of players will get royally screwed over and abused... Right now its those higher level players who can't use their characters against low lvl base alts that are getting screwed, but at least in that 'screwedness' (is that a word) they aren't LOSING assets... If you put the negative emphasis on the lower lvl players, they will be losing large amounts of assets in any war... IMO, the lower lvl players are already getting a harder and harder time reaching the point of being a 'high lvl' (I mean high lvl not just as level, but in finances and actual strength too.)

You hit the nail there, the problem lies in the ALTS. My DM lvl 1400 is wide open to attacks, while someone with a MF main can use lvl 100 base alts. A good (high lvl team) can help each other not only in base gear but also in finding the right augs for the bases. (No more Hestia's for you Cyphe). The bases will be better even if its owned by a noob lvl 200 because he can get acces to better augs. The team is likely to have a merchant who can help them move the large base gear around. (When I started in Pantalones I needed other team members to move my gear around for me.) Therefor my bases became "better" then the lvl represents.

Being in a high lvl team has mayor benefits (Ask anyone in Olympus/Mercs/Pants/Imperium/LC)*. It should also come with risks. You may think that "Im a lvl 200 newbie, if I join pants any high lvl player can attack me". Yes that is very true. But If someone DOES attack you can call for the best cavelry. Honestly ive flown around with lots of Gear on my lvl 723 CA, with a mythstream on. Anyone can attack him, and pwn him. Doesn't mean its gonna happen though, because that would mean war, just in the same way that an attack on a lvl 200 player on Pants would lead to war.

The protection in a Team lvl based system comes from the team, not from some artifical lvl that says nothing about strength.

*(Traders might be the opposite though)

Junkie,
What is that supposed to mean? haha. You don't like us anymore?

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:58 pm
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

It's because he hates pants. Or probably me.

https://sect.news/

Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:08 am
Profile WWW

Macros wrote:
sfgc the borg wrote:
indeed rifline did that just so we couldnt attack him. since when war kicked in a good number of our chars could hit him.

rifline left us with all his chars cause he didn't want his personal war to end with pants and I think he is out there attacking all sorts of people. He knew that I would not allow that to happen while on our team, so he went out on his own. That was his choice. While we miss him, he made his choice and that is that.

Macros

interesting how he left to avoid the war yet continued to heal traders during the rest of the war.

I seem to remember that he left around the last day of the war.
Am I wrong? Maybe you were around for more of it than I? I think I only missed like one or two days of it total. How about you? I don't recall seeing you or fighting you all that much, where were you?
LOL

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:50 am

Macros wrote:
sfgc the borg wrote:

Macros

interesting how he left to avoid the war yet continued to heal traders during the rest of the war.

I seem to recall that he left around the last day or two of the war. Am I wrong? BTW, I don't remember seeing you but once during the whole war. I was on all but 1 or 2 days of the war, how about you?

I don't mind Junkie talking shit, cause well frankly he has proven that he can back it up. But come on man, show some freaking tact. I think I only saw you once and that was when the big group of pants was around. Need I say more?

Macros

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:52 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

I hate Big J and pants keep getting involved
and..
Quote:
Either way, team based lvls leaves it too easy for someone to abuse...

How about a very simple answer... PvP range is a combination of 2 things...

1) The current system remains in place but add...

2) All characters on an account are open to the pvp range of all higher level characters.

Now thats a really simple way of fixing it, and would need a few *s in there to prevent abuse, but it would work reasonably well for all parties involved, prevent abuse, of lower lvls by higher lvls, but would allow people to combat other equal lvled people's alts... Would open up the pvp range for those that are able to do it, but keep newbies from being abused by higherups... Not a PERFECT solution, but damn near close to it... At least then someone would have to pay for another account to have 'low level base alts'... More money to fund the game that way... Thats really the only thing keeping it from being 'perfect' I think...
worst idea ever if they put this in they should allow triple suicides again
and..
Voom wrote:
The only problem with this system is the asshole players that will abuse it. It should however be a bannable offence to kill a low level player over and over, even though you can.

I would like to see a rule saying that it's ok to kill someone once, if that person wants to escape from the battle when he enters his ship he should be allowed to.

I voted yes.
And while your at it make it a bannable offence to have a weapon equiped and we just kill all ai with neopets power

First off, I'd like to say that you're criticism was hardly what I would call anything enar constructive and thus was ignored... Second... I dilike Big J too... and finally, I should have phrased it more clearly...

"2) All characters on an account are open to the pvp range of all higher level characters ON YOUR ACCOUNT."

Basically it means that no matter what, you'll have a combat character able to fight anyone attacking you (assuming you have a combat char.) It also means that lvl 1000+s with lvl 100 base alts won't be automatically safe since its practically impossible for a lvl 100 to kill and ande+ base... Those people; however, who only have characters under lvl 300, will only be open to pvp in the lvl 300 range... Thus, you will always be able to attack people with characters of the same caliber...

Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:53 am
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Apart from the fact level actually dont mean a hell of a lot.

A high level merchant, wouldnt be able to stand against a high level Sniper/SD/MFer for example.

Also you seem to be forgetting the fact another Alt to all intents and purposes is another seperate character, which maybe in another team, or no team at all.

Also another point would be that people could use this to greif other people, all they would need is a lvl 1 and a level 1500 and they'd have a full open pvp account.

~ferret

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:51 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

A high level merchant, wouldnt be able to stand against a high level Sniper/SD/MFer for example.

Tell that to Caly...

Madferret wrote:
Also another point would be that people could use this to greif other people, all they would need is a lvl 1 and a level 1500 and they'd have a full open pvp account.

No, then you would have a lvl range of a lvl 1 char, AND a lvl 1500 character... Not lvl 1-1500... Means you'd have like 1-4 and 700+

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:19 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

Madferret wrote:

Tell that to Caly...

Caly is an exception, it took him years of playing to get where he is now, things such as aug tweak and other unobtainable skills for new merchants create a huge gap. The game should not be balanced on one player, and even though Caly is a very strong Merch he's also probably not stronger than a zeker or speed demon with the same equipment anyway.

...but, I find it wrong that a merch should be better protected because he doesn't have combat skills like zerker and speed demons do. he has a bonus of bases, getting money off of em, items, storage, a trade place and protection)

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:55 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Madferret wrote:

Tell that to Caly...

Madferret wrote:

No, then you would have a lvl range of a lvl 1 char, AND a lvl 1500 character... Not lvl 1-1500... Means you'd have like 1-4 and 700+

Meaning that a level 1500 could attack a level 1, which is what I said..

~ferret

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:26 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8