Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which solution to low level uber bases?
Alternative Minimum Level for bases 23%  23%  [ 18 ]
Minimum level for base deployment 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
Shared team level 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
Leave it how it is 38%  38%  [ 30 ]
Other 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 79

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bizman
Level: 11051

Jeff, any suggestion to the unprotected slave issue? If you up my alts bases is tehre a way to artificially inflate their slaves to the same level so the base will protect the slave?

Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:07 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

The slaves can still get healing. Also, I would like to eventually add base-only Field Generators that will strengthen allied ships in the system. Also, I want to make slaves able to fight, even while on trade routes -- i.e. they will still follow their route, but if an enemy can be shot at, they will shoot. SO you could equip a whole convoy with really big lasers and have some defense.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

u could make little fighter bays for slaves :P then they can continue and the fighters kill the ai

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:49 am
Main: Voom
Level: 1935

I like the idea about making all bases the average level of all team members. With this idea though I guess teams will just make a bunch of low level alts to lower their levels.
How about this then, if a team that has a player above level 300 makes a team base that base will be a certain level, this means that all bases would be the same level.
With the current level protection it's VERY important that ALL bases are the same level so they will protect each other.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:05 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

Post Re: Solution to low lvl alt bases
JeffL wrote:
1. Alternative minimum level for bases. A formula will decide an alternative minimum level for a base, such as adonis bases will be level 100 if their owner is lower level.

2. Minimum level for base laying. A similar formula will require a minimum level for laying or capping a base, such as, you must be at least level 100 to cap or lay an adonis base.

What I DON'T like about these ideas is:
Say my CA is lvl 300 or something (and the base lvl is ....450). Some lvl 400 player comes in and beats the crap out of my base. What can I do about it??? Send my CA after him....? no, he is too low lvl to retaliate.

Send my MF after him.....No he is too HIGH lvl to retaliate. This leaves the bases open for attacks WITHOUT being able to retaliate.

JeffL wrote:
3. Shared team level. All bases and permanent drones are the level of the highest player on the team. This means that those ultra low level bases would only be good if the're on a separate team with no high levels, whch wouldn't help for emperor runs, but may still be annoying.

I like this idea. All my slaves will have the same lvl. All my drones will have the same lvl. All my bases will have the same lvl. If ANYONE attacks a base owned by the team, ANYONE on the team can attack back. Thus: you mess with a team base you mess with the team.

A thing with tobal was, he wasn't that afraid of retribution against his bases or his team bases, cause they were all low lvl. This is the same we see now. People can take their lvl 500 alts, and attack bases, while their own lvl 100 station mastery alts hold the fort back home.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:28 am
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

I've yet to see the problem with low level base alts...

Bases are supposed to be super tough they're bases if you ever get the situation where a player can kill a base on his own (or with 1 person) then you know you have done something wrong.

The only problem is that most teams dont have enough people the same level to kill one. (Maybe open up the pvp ranges)

Mostly I think you really messed up sm alts with the XP thats why they stay a low level for so long, certainly with 1 of mine I'm stuck at level 120.

Also dont forget this isnt a pure Pvp game and you have to consider that a lot of people will leave if you declare open pvp on bases.

If your going to do anything at all to change it.

(1) Go back to the old system (optionally)
(2) Remove being able to mark players enemy completely
(3) Remove the set to agro. this means that people will have to engage in combat before they get agro,
(4) Make it so that people arn't automatically team enemy, but once marked enemy they can be marked team enemy.
(5) Make SM's get a normal or increased XP from bases.

~ferret

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:13 am
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Calculate the minimum level based on the combined strenght of the galaxy. And give all the bases the same lvl. Or calculate it from the strongest base in the galaxy.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:05 am
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

but i also think a tech 9 base should have a minimum lv of 50

tech 12, 150

14, 300

16, 600

just to make it fair so anyone can attack a base if its a stronger type of base

im not saying that the person who makes it has to be that lv
im saying that the lv of the base should rise depending on the tech

ive seen pax players less than lv 300 btw they can kick ass

we may have to change pvp rules so ppl lv 20 with tech 9 bases can attack other tech9 bases

Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:18 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

just make it so a low level can attack a high lvl, but not the other way around, until the low lvl attacks the high lvl, and then the high lvl can retaliate. that fixes all problems.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:15 am
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

Completely remove all level protection. Add a system where acts of aggresion give you an good/evil rank. The worse your rank, the worse the consequences. A level 1000 who initiates aggresion toward a level 1 gets more of an evil rank than a level 1000 who attacks a level 800. Killing people who have a worse rank than you will help you to lower your evil rank because you are doint the uni a favor.

Possible consequences:

1. Higher costs at AI bases.
2. More AI are naturally aggro to you.
3. Workers at your stations revolt, so you need to use slaves instead. Slaves require 2 to do the work of 1 worker. And they eat more rations.
4. AI Protected galaxies are aggro to you.
5. An uber sort of Vigilante that is unkillable and roams the entire uni. If you have a really high evil rank, he will become aggro to you. You never know when you will run into him.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:34 pm
Profile YIM
Team: EternaI
Main: Big K
Level: 899

i like number 3 casue then i could use a level 50 alt to own my team and would be able to ahve all big k's bases he is level 750+ atm all his abses would be 50 so i would not have to worry about the uber attacking anymore lol

Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:50 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I like the idea of good and bad karma, except that people will just have evil alts that they use to grief with. Basically alts break tons of otherwise good designs.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

I would say 1 and 3 are the best options. Number 2 is just asking for a swarm of people getting pissed and begging for char resets/delete options.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:40 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Gurjit
Level: 666

i say leave it, people get so bored of ss sumtimes cuz they gt nuting to do, trying to raise an alt base killer at low lvl wud certainly give them suming to do, either that or bring in old PvP rules

Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:45 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next