over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Jerkiness in Zebra and Rhino zones
The rest of UZ is fine for me. In these two zones everything runs jerkily unless I go up to /LKL 9 (at which point the background is disabled and everything goes smoothly). Could we please have the option of disabling the background from the beginning? I would like to be able to see things like wormholes and particles, which don't apparently cause any lag for me anyway.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:26 pm
over 9000!

Post Re: Jerkiness in Zebra and Rhino zones
bump

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:34 pm
over 9000!

Seriously no one else experiences this?

Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:55 pm
Team: Eternity
Main: Gold Spacer
Level: 3614

It happens for me too.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:00 pm
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: franke456
Level: 3901

Same here

We are SS. We do things Jeff's way.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:58 pm
over 9000!

Bump. On further review I am not able to remove jerkiness (or the background nebula) in Rhino even with /LKL 10. I'm quite confident it has something to do with the background nebulae; can someone please look into that and possibly give us the option to remove or simplify backgrounds without losing all other useful graphics at the same time?

In the longer term, it would be nice to figure out what exactly is going wrong with the nebulae in those two zones, of course.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:55 am
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

i get this lag too, and worse lag in Emp level. after the most recent patch i've found that /lkl 10 does improve the frame rate in prince and emp, even though at that point i cant see anything... can barely play at that level.

ironically, baron level, which looks 100x better than prince/knight levels, runs smoother.

getting around 15 fps in zebra, 9 in rhino, 10 in emp. when i get easy 30 anywhere else. gurk... make that under 5 fps in the rhino boss level. those purple particle-ish nebula just killed it.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:56 pm