Team: MAD+
Main: BlueStrato
Level: 2076

Post Weapons and Wormholes.
Explosion spots are not vanishing and trail from one gal to another.

First 2 are shown of me shooting a sun, and the exact same spots following to another gal.

Other 2 are just more accumulations.

The last one shows a patch of purple dots that seems to occur around warps.

Eventually all the spots force you to restart the client to clear out all the spots. Ive tried several combinations of settings and deleted the cache files and let the patcher redownload and generate. Still haven't seen any relief from this.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:38 am

Post Re: Weapons and Wormholes.
And just to demo what Sol looks like after about 30mins of chatting and moving from Barker back and forth.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:25 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Event Horizon
Level: 1929

Same thing happens on my laptop (which is why i never use it to play SS).

You must be running with intel HD graphics.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:17 pm
Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 4307

Same thing happened during christmas event

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:29 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Runs perfectly fine on my i5 Intel HD 4K.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Close guess Event. If by the onboard Intel HD Graphics you really meant Nvidia 480's SLI. I did also send in a bug report with my dxdiag status. Not sure if this falls under the splotches? Mention of them said it could be as small as a few pixels.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Anyone know what file is used to supply the transition between warps when moving between 2 gals, the one with the big particles that move outward from the middle of the screen, semi transparent?

Also noticed if i move away from the middle of the galaxy the graphics will vanish, returning to the center causes them to appear again like they were never gone.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:23 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Unholychaos
Level: 4772

This exact same thing happened tp me fairly recently. All I had to do to fix the problem was restart my laptop. It had been on for a few weeks straight so that probably had something to do with it.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Quote:
This exact same thing happened tp me fairly recently. All I had to do to fix the problem was restart my laptop. It had been on for a few weeks straight so that probably had something to do with it.

Thanks, I actually gave that a shot, my PC runs 24/7 unless its required. Did not fix the problem

Ive deleted everything in the directory except the patcher, downloaded all the files and I'm pretty sure I've tried every single combination of graphics setting. On occasion I can go 5 or so minutes without having any issues, but then it starts and continues until I restart the game. I've gotten every driver update for anything attached to my computer within the last week and that didn't solve the issue. I've poked around with other games that run in Java, other games heavy on sprite png files, and just plain torture tests (furmark) to see if it was a cooling issue with the GPUs getting overheated.

Temps say its perfectly fine, only anomalies are on Star Sonata. I have not had any issues anywhere else. I'm perfectly happy entertaining ideas on what to try to fix it or reports I can run to help address the issue.

I've received a few PMs from other players that have seen the same type of things, usually on a laptop. I'm not using a laptop, however I think it'd be convenient for anyone playing SS to get this addressed. The same things that are causing my issues may be causing serious performance hits on other clients. Not that they are seeing the same thing, but maybe its keeping those graphics in memory and just not displaying them.

After about 1 hour of active playing (DG's Hunting AI, anything other than setting in any one place not moving) the game slows down to around 5fps then either crashes or i just close it because it has reached an unplayable performance level.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:22 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Just gonna put it out there.... SS is not coded in Java.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:09 am

Very aware that the game is not written in Java, the only reference to it was identifying that the issues were not presenting themselves in a Java environment.

Guessing from no further posts no ones got an idea, this just randomly happens to people around holiday events, or on a particular computer that they avoid playing SS on, and no ones ever found a fix?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:34 am