Team: Aidelon
Main: WillyWonka
Level: 2437

Post Bug after crash while give orders to slave
Hi, I was editing orders to a slave when SS crashed. I went on about an hour after and the slave order box keeps appearing and I can't move it nor close it. I cannot do anything in the game except talking in the chat, everything else seems frozen even though I see AIs and slaves moving along with planets...
It doesn't only affect this character, it affects all characters on all accounts !
I tried turning the PC off but it didn't solve anything.
I'm trying to uninstall it and reinstall everything again even though it's a pain (my antivirus keeps blocking SS downloads).
I want to attract your attention on the FPS which is above 120,000 !!!
I use an NVIDIA graphic card, not sure which one.
I'm on a Toshiba Satellite P870 running Windows 8. Never had any problem running SS before...

ciro

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

First account :)
Swingarm shocks the world

Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:27 am
Main: Sun Tzu
Level: 1

Post Re: Bug after crash while give orders to slave
Prims: 122,623
FPS: 31
Logic FPS: 62
Ping: 83ms

Prims is not FPS. Whoever made all the information tabs and windows evidently didn't install commas or breaks and ran everything together. I guess no one really noticed that this was also the case with windowed mode (or none of the devmins actually use windowed mode).

Prims, as much as I understand it, has to do with how much stuff is happening in the galaxy at the same time. Places with huge amounts of stuff working (like Sol) have dizzying amounts of Prims higher than your standard RNG galaxy. It does affect your computer's ability to load stuff. Never heard of Prims going that high before, though, so congratulations, you probably set a record.

Your Anti-Virus (usually only happens with McAfee and Norton, both horrible AV's and you should get a new one if you have one of the two) sees the SS Installer/PatchBot as a kind of Trojan, because (long long long time ago Jeff/Jey told us specifics) of something related to the fact it patches the game.

Your AV will see all other client based MMORPG Installers/Patchers as a Trojan for the very same reasons.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:33 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Prims is the current number of polys being rendered, and I think most of us play windowed (or I do at least, useful information).

I'm not sure about the actual issue myself, but I'll ask.

Also, what's the name of your AV please? :)

Support

Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:29 am
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

thats an interesting bug. I am also curious about the name of your antivirus and the reason it gives to block the download.

For your specific problem, you should be able to work around it by deleting the content of config/ in your starsonata 2 folder then starting the game.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:50 am
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

on the prism side, 122000 is perfectly normal for an high load location if you are zoomed out to the maximum (generally), the prism count is the number of prism rendered on the last frame, its like triangle/poly, but prism are usually 2 (up to 30) triangles and is what really represent the load of the actual 3d rendering impact of the models when they are optimized (which ours are automatically).

Its an extremely simplified explanation but when the triangles are in stripes, its rendered as a prism (4 corners) instead of each triangles individually, and the models are optimized in a way that there is a maximum amount of triangles per prism on average.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:57 am