Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

Post LagKiller makes objects disappear.
If I leave it enabled or I don't extremely limit it then my client rapidly stops showing ships, planets, AI bases and player bases.

I went on a DD22 run and could not see anything around me unless I selected it and sometimes even then the model of the ship did not appear on screen, only in selection box. Often ships are able to get too close for comfort when DGing since they are not visible on screen.

This is not an issue of radar detection, if I select the object the texture immediately loads and shows for it.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:53 am
Profile YIM WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: LagKiller makes objects disappear.
The fact that high levels of lagkiller cause non-targeted objects to disappear is not a bug. The fact that it kicks in even in low-stress cases seems to be.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:08 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

Post Re: LagKiller makes objects disappear.
Things like weapons particles, engine graphics, background stars, impact effects should be removed far ahead of something like ships and drones shooting you. In fact that is one thing that should never been removed from screen.

Thing is I am getting fairly acceptable frame rate (25 - 45) when this is happening.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:04 am
Profile YIM WWW