Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Top Graphics Bugs
1. Background Client Rendering seems to be forced on for all clients at all qualities. Massive waste of ram for all computers, especially lower end ones.

2. Projectiles on low or medium tend to bug out and delete all of them after a while. Lagkiller issue.

3. Holoprojectors don't move when you transwarp, they sit in the galaxy you just left until you log out.

4. "HDR (experimental)" option creates blinding flashes of light when you alt tab occasionally. Prevents MCers from using it.

5. "Orthographic Camera (ALPHA)" option randomly turns itself off, requiring you to uncheck/check the option back to fix it.

6. In Display options, the client doesn't seem to remember preferences. It will randomly uncheck boxes or recheck boxes for floaty and popup visibility.

7. Flying directly left orients your ship facing right so you moonwalk.

8. Emperor stars, the little yellow ones for players whose teams took emperor, are broken.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:10 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Post Re: Top Graphics Bugs
Lemon has volunteered to help keep track of the top priority bugs in the bug forum. These topics will be kept open so that it can be discussed which bugs are most important (by you, the players), so that I can prioritize which ones to fix when I have time. Try to keep things civil, and hopefully we can help improve the game as much as possible together :)

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:11 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

ELITE wrote:
8. Emperor stars, the little yellow ones for players whose teams took emperor, are broken.

While we're on the subject of these neat little stars, would it be possible to get the Greeter ones back? :)

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:07 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Background rendering is pretty fucked.

I can run two clients at full graphics with all projectiles + particles, etc without issues.
I warp into Graveyard / Rhino / a few other places and the background is stuttering as it moves across the screen, I legit get motion sickness from staring at it and I don't even get motion sickness from anything else! -_-

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:36 pm

Zeuss wrote:
Background rendering is pretty fucked.

I can run two clients at full graphics with all projectiles + particles, etc without issues.
I warp into Graveyard / Rhino / a few other places and the background is stuttering as it moves across the screen, I legit get motion sickness from staring at it and I don't even get motion sickness from anything else! -_-

Background client rendering bug is the #1 issue atm. Those backgrounds though, I have brought up Rhino and Snake Hole, I will bring up Graveyard now.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:37 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Being forced on isn't my issue though, it's how janky they are that they're just not fluid like they should be.

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:39 pm

Zeuss wrote:
Being forced on isn't my issue though, it's how janky they are that they're just not fluid like they should be.

Yea I know, it's a bug with the backgrounds spin rate. They are massive spinning images so if the rate changes, it looks like shit. I'll get a dev to look at Graveyard, I believe Rhino and Lion were fixed already. And Snake Hole. (waiting on patch ofc)

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:46 pm
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Number 5 and 6 are UI bugs, and not graphical bugs?

I can't pinpoint what is causing this, but with the new client update I just received, planet textures seem to disappear when moving, and reappear when being stationary.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:58 am
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

ELITE wrote:
7. Flying directly left orients your ship facing right so you moonwalk.

Not fixed for AI!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:21 pm