Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gunslinger Myrtok
Level: 2640

Post damage indicators
When you shoot a ship, you can see your damage popping up above the ship. That's really cool.

When the ship is just kind of out of your visual range, and you just see that generic spaceship symbol instead of the actual ship, you don't see the numbers popping up for damage when you shoot it. Then, when the ship comes back into visual range, all of the old numbers from past shots go scrolling up really fast. It's not a really harmful bug, but I'm guessing it wasn't intended.

Btw, IS that spaceship symbol intended? I'm not a big fan of it.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:23 am
Dev Team
Main: Xipe Totec
Level: 2

Post Re: damage indicators
I HATE that damn space ship symbol, it is terrible. Its function is unnecessary, it blocks what the ship actually looks like and you cant even select it if the ship is detectable but not visible by clicking. Do away with it and all the other weird icons like for asteroids and such in the main view.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:19 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Feathers wrote:
I HATE that damn space ship symbol, it is terrible. Its function is unnecessary, it blocks what the ship actually looks like and you cant even select it if the ship is detectable but not visible by clicking. Do away with it and all the other weird icons like for asteroids and such in the main view.

Agreed. It even happens for the low-vis suns in Ring. Not a fan.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:55 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: Yarra Valley Wines
Level: 4690

Those damage indicators sure do backlog a lot when you have a fight with several AI along with drones healing you. It'll continue to scroll through the info after the barrels have cooled and I've already left for the next Gal.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:16 pm