Main: Aubrik
Level: 10

Post Unequipped Transwarp While Undocked
As Blue Dwarf suggested, I'm going to post this bug here since it doesn't apply to the first bug in my last thread.

The main issue I had was that "when I tried to use my fleet transwarp on my hotbar, it unequipped it instead of using it, and clicking it again didn't equip it but gives the error message "You need to dock to unequip an transwarp.". I then had to equip it via the inventory list."

I posted the next issue, "Also, when I tried to unequip a stack of solar panels, it unequipped them one at a time.", not as a separate issue but thought it might help to determine what caused the issue with the transwarp.

I should've noted that both times, the bug occurred while I was undocked, and both bugs were fixed without me having to do anything (intentionally).

Finally, Enkelin posted what he believes to be what caused the bug, which was "I can explain both of the most recently reported issues in this thread. The player accidentally unfocused the client while Alt was depressed. When he returned to the client it still considered Alt to be depressed. Both behaviors observed are consistent with what happens when you are holding Alt.", which makes perfect sense to me but I haven't been able to test it yet.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:13 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Post Re: Unequipped Transwarp While Undocked
Alright, as stated in the previous post, this is strange :roll:
Quote:
Thank you for reporting this :) This seems very strange, as I have tested it for a bit and there is code that under no circumstance should allow you to unequip or equip a transwarper when undocked :| You say you had to equip it via the inventory list. I assume that is when you were docked? I can unequip and equip my transwarper in the hotkey bar when docked.

Basically the client can't overrun the server if I understood Jey right, so using alt+click (which is used to unequip items in the hotkey bar) should not in any way allow an item to be unequipped if that item is marked with the tag that you need to be docked to equip or unequip an item.

Are you sure you were in the right inventory of your undocked ship, and what transwarper in specific was this? Thank you for your time so far :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:50 pm
Main: Aubrik
Level: 10

The Vert wrote:
Are you sure you were in the right inventory of your undocked ship, and what transwarper in specific was this? Thank you for your time so far :)

Well I wish I could update you on what may've caused it from the testing I've been doing but I haven't had any luck, but in regard to your questions in quotes, yes I'm sure I was in the inventory of the ships I was flying at the time (they were the only ships I had with these items as I have only 1 Blue Photon Armada Transwarp on my FC and I had only 1 stack of 15 Solar Intakes equipped on my ShM, on separate accounts that I was MCing, and those absolutely were the ships I was flying at the time). I guess that answers your second question as well.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Thank you for the additional information, I will update our bug tracker with it and see what we can get out of it :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:17 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

I've had this issue happen to me in the past.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:28 am

In the past it was very much possible as it would unequip if you had the Alt key in use or had it locked, and then clicked on the transwarper :)

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:51 am
Team: Inert witty name here
Main: Sk1rm1sh
Level: 2032

Yeah, I used to have this issue - was annoying :P Related to alt+tab locking the alt and un-equip. Would be nice if there was a way to re-assign keys like un-equip, which I haven't worked out how to do so far :3
In the mean time, I've found hitting alt to unlock it before I hit anything in the hotbar gets around the issue.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:06 am

What I need to know if this happens lately or not, because to my information we have patched in a change that made it so that you need to be docked to equip or unequip a transwarper.

Which means you should not be able to alt+click it either, since alt+click is basically the client telling the server to unequip the item, which should produce the error message that tells you that you need to be docked to equip or unequip it :)

Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:36 pm
Team: Inert witty name here
Main: Sk1rm1sh
Level: 2032

Transwarp: no, that's now docked only unequippable. It's still annoying if I ever forget to hit alt before I click on a gallows robber or drones :P I think I'm pretty used to hitting alt after I alt+tab between clients each time now though.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:16 am