Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Post Wrong items tossed
So I was in engines 22 the other day, and I tried tossing some equipped volis for space. Initially I dragged them out of my ship, then I tried right click+confirm (are you sure you want to toss Volatile Laser Diffuser?). Both times I saw a growing amount of debris, which I discovered to be a bunch of other previously equipped/unequiped items. Luckily I had a hull tweak on hand and (probably) managed to recover most of my stuff, but still have no idea how to reproduce it.

There is absolutely no chance of this being user error, as I also scooped some shard tokens, which are at the bottom of my inventory and thus can only be seen after scrolling down...

Has anyone else had this? Any ideas on what might cause it? Is it even a UI bug?

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:08 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Wrong items tossed
I am not aware of a confirmation dialog for tossing unequipped items. If you received such a dialog it is most likely because you were attempting to toss something that was equipped (even if the UI misled you in this regard), so that is an immediate red flag.

The only UI bug I know of that is related to this is that when you equip an item while sorting by unequipped items, the inventory window automatically acquires a new selection, even though the item you equipped is still treated as selected. So you could equip a hull expander, have your inventory show some diffusers selected, and then toss the expander instead of the diffusers by mistake.

Are you convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that the confirmation dialog specified Volatile Laser Diffuser? Or could it have plausibly specified the actual gear item without your notice?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:20 am

I am fairly certain that it specified "Volatile Laser Diffuser", my only doubt being that (at the time) I was more focused on securing my loot/equipment.
The volis were equipped, and I believe that I may have attempted to unequip them at one point, but nothing seemed to happen (unless it acted upon something else).

Volis and OLs are the only thing I really equip/unequip on my shm, and I noticed that my other attempts at removing the diffusers resulted in some event messages about tossing NB items. Seeing as I only had one or two confirmation boxes I suspect it was attempting to toss some shard dust, so certainly nothing I had recently unequipped.

There are only vague similarities between the two bugs... could this be a result of my client being damaged in some way?

Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Thank you for reporting this :) I can confirm that this is a bug, and it also applies to several other features such as using bindomite, equipping augmenters and destroying augmenters. I have however not been able to find a way to 100% reproduce this issue, but I will give it a high priority tag and see if we can work it out :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:57 am

So the exact same thing happened to in my next Engines 22 run. The only link I can see is that both times I was lagging, and both times I had something injected into my ship (first some OLs in equipment 22, then the fires in engines 22).

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:35 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Thaj
Level: 2058

There seems to be an issue with highlighting inventory. If you don't CLICK 1st the item you want to drag and toss, it will toss whatever you have previously clicked. Atleast this is how same thing happened to me.

Similar bug can be found from base trading function (AI base or user base) that if you want to buy for an example nuclear waste, you have to click it 1st. EVEN IF IT IS ALREADY highlighted!

Yet again similar thing can be found while issuing orders for slaves. Buy nuclear waste command doesn't work before you click the item. EVEN IF IT IS ALREADY highlighted.

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:48 am

I'm pretty sure I tried to click them. I tried right click+ toss as well.

I would have tried to drag them out first though; do you find that doing this and then attempting to click and toss something results in failure?

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:25 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Thanks for the updates guys :) I've updated our bug tracker with the information. I still can't get a way to achieve 100% reproduction, but we are starting to get a lot of information on this now so hopefully our bug fixers can get to the bottom of this soon :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:35 am